JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Walking through a local sporting goods store in Medford, OR called Blackbird, I happened to spot a Rossi R92 stainless in 357 mag they had for sale. In fact, they had both the 16" and 20" round barrel versions available. While I already have a Marlin 1894 in 357 mag, I've wondered how the Rossi would compare and so one of the 16" versions followed me home and I'm already looking at new sights and some other upgrades (because I can never leave well enough alone). Looking at a safety delete peep sight, stainless follower, a couple spring upgrades, and maybe a saddle ring to complete the look. Hoping it turns out to be a good one.

Stock photo:
Rossi_R92_920451693_R-63a075a3.jpg

And less than 24 hours later, I have parts on the way for the Rossi from Steve's Guns (safety delete bolt mounted peep sight, stainless follower, follower spring, ejector spring, saddle ring, plug screws, tuning guide), Ranger Point (round dovetail filler), and Richocet Roy (gotta have a lever wrap; saddle tan to match the stock).

Still kicking around the best way to do a sling setup. Grovtech doesn't have a stainless sling mount for clamping on the feed tube or I would have ordered it already. Once I figure out the mounts, I'll likely order up a Montana sling to go with it.

Normal people likely shoot their new guns before they upgrade them. Where's the fun in that?

And less than 24 hours later, I have parts on the way for the Rossi from Steve's Guns (safety delete bolt mounted peep sight, stainless follower, follower spring, ejector spring, saddle ring, plug screws, tuning guide), Ranger Point (round dovetail filler), and Richocet Roy (gotta have a lever wrap; saddle tan to match the stock).

Still kicking around the best way to do a sling setup. Grovtech doesn't have a stainless sling mount for clamping on the feed tube or I would have ordered it already. Once I figure out the mounts, I'll likely order up a Montana sling to go with it.

Normal people likely shoot their new guns before they upgrade them. Where's the fun in that?
Normal people likely shoot their new guns before they upgrade them. Where's the fun in that? In the shooting and noticing sighting differences.

In transit...
Thermold: 10x stripper-clip 10-packs
Cammenga: 4x magazine dustcovers
MidwayUSA: cases and headband covers for our earpro, and another 12-mag (more like 14 with how I Tetris-pack) mag case
Dvor: 2x Maglula AR15 Striplula loaders

I've always loaded my pistol mags by hand because as you all know, I'm a manly man. Even my AR and AK mags. But lately I got tired of loading the AR mags by hand so I got the Maglula Uplula for the AR. Works freaking great and I didn't feel the need to turn in my man card. Lately though I've been doing a lot of double stack 45acp and 9 pew-pew, so I figured why not give my thumbs a rest. So I went and found the Maglula Uplula universal pistol magazine loader. Got it from Academy for $34.99 and free shipping. Just like for a Klondike bar, I'd do some sketchy bubblegum for some free shipping these days. It was also very fast free shipping so shout out to Academy. Also, Academy had lots of different color choices, no extra charge. No way, right?!
Ya this thing is the best thing since vertically sliced pickles. I'm having so much fun with it that I had to unload a few mags just soze could load them again. Talk about instant gratification.
Im probably preaching to the choir so you can stop reading at this point but to the rest of the unwashed ammosexual masses out there... Yeah buy this thing it's good. No Maglula Uplula not good.

Screenshot_20220707-181945.png

Last Edited:
I received my Triggertech 'special' for a Rem 700. It's going on a Zermatt Origin and Grayboe Trekker. Still waiting for the barrel. I'll post a build thread when it arrives.

In transit...
Thermold: 10x stripper-clip 10-packs
Cammenga: 4x magazine dustcovers
MidwayUSA: cases and headband covers for our earpro, and another 12-mag (more like 14 with how I Tetris-pack) mag case
Dvor: 2x Maglula AR15 Striplula loaders
Crossed out the things that just arrived, and add...
JSE Surplus: 2x Real Avid AR15 Field Kits, Magpul rail cover for rear of Charger, 2 sets spare FDE railcovers, Grip-Pod light adapter

Last Edited:
The other day I went to McD to get a vanilla one. I was surprised that they no longer cost $1. Yeah......they finally fixed the machine (I think/perhaps). Anyway.......it's now $2.

FJB.

Aloha, Mark

PS....in case you were unaware.

How is this related to firearms? Well.....if you think about it.....by saving money on ice cream, it allows me to spend more money on guns and ammo.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top