JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got the flash hider. The tuning fork will annoy me, but more importantly it will annoy everyone else too.

C4E3DFCB-0E6E-4034-A789-34072888D9C7.jpeg

That's the same one I'm looking at getting, only got 50rds of 10mm though Lol..

Feels good in the hand...
I looked at the Glock 40, the RIA 10mm hc and this M&P 2.0. Was looking at one to put an optic onto.

The Glock was just too big (long). $750-800
The RIA has a terrible takedown procedure (why? I don't know but it was a deal killer for me). Very complicated.
I did not want an 8 round magazine, so the 15/16 round guns interested me more. $750 +/-

Went into a LGS and they had all 3 pistols. Once I picked the M&P up is was an easy call.

Does need trigger work tho + a break-in . Paid $665 +tax

I looked at the Glock 40, the RIA 10mm hc and this M&P 2.0. Was looking at one to put an optic onto.

The Glock was just too big (long). $750-800
The RIA has a terrible takedown procedure (why? I don't know but it was a deal killer for me). Very complicated.
I did not want an 8 round magazine, so the 15/16 round guns interested me more. $750 +/-

Went into a LGS and they had all 3 pistols. Once I picked the M&P up is was an easy call.

Does need trigger work tho + a break-in . Paid $665 +tax
Apex 2.0 trigger kit works in the 10mm. I know a few reports of 1000+ rounds no issues. I have one in mine and it's definitely nice but polish the trigger bar is a must.

picked up a Howa barred action with a heavy barrel 20" long in 6.5 Grendel from Brownings. Then bought a second or damaged, (with a slight flaw), one of those Stocky's, kevlar/graphite stocks and presto an incredible 5.5 lbs. rifle. I normally don't like short barreled rifles, especially with huge ugly magazines hanging off them, but this thing is balanced just right. With the short, thick barrel, the fulcrum lands right in front of the magazine. What a handy, beautiful little thing.. I went through a box of receiver sights and found a Williams receiver, ghost ring thing that screwed right on, and found a ramped front sight, that just needs a screw hole drilled and tapped and what an amazing little set up.

Also bought a Black 3" , Taurus .22 Mag. 942, 8 shot revolver. Then found a Stainless, 3", Taurus 856, six shot, 38 Special. Could not figure out which one to carry with me every day out there with so many nut cases, running around out there. so guess I'll take both of them. So, finally I'm gunned out. Just finally reached that point where I don't want any more guns.

Earlier this summer bought a Savage 99 in 250-3000, a Savage model 24 V in .222 over a 20 ga, and a Savage 24 B in .22 Mag over a 20 ga. See what I mean. I'm gunned out and just need to spend some time shooting these incredible works of art.

I'm spending way too much time in my Wildfire Tool Factory now that I'm too old to smokejump any more. So trying to find things that interest me and my dog who hates hunting. Dog's name is Teddy Roosevelt, a big Chocolate lab who is a great conversationalist, but is a pointing lab that is gun shy.

Everytime I get a new gun he looks at me, shakes his head,whines, and wags his tail.

troop

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top