JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
folding brace came in. Its shorter than a warsaw length stock, but longer than the previous brace that was on it.
E78A6362-E8C0-4E3F-95A6-52356333D0C1.jpeg 221AE21C-6665-4CB1-9F8E-6EA3B9F6DB78.jpeg

Picked up another pocket item (like I really need another) along with some extra mags and a box of 6mm 95gr ballistic tips to load up for my brother.

100_2965.JPG

My frugal, bargain-hunter side got beat.

For months I've been casually shopping for a suitable holster to update my war belt. Bug-out guns are a pr of Springfield Armory XDMs (big 4.5" primary, Fat Man. 3.8" secondary, Little Boy) and the only suitable rig I could find was from G-Code. Little Boy rides left-chest on my vest in a MOLLE-modified Blackhawk Serpa but an appropriate belt holster for Fat Man has eluded me. Living up to it's name, the big M is too fat to work with a Bianchi M84... that's going to be for sale soon.

Tired of looking, I dropped the coin on a G-Code OSH and drop mount. I didn't spring for the RTI mount as this is a pretty dedicated TEOTWAWKI rig... the modularity and mobility of the RTI would be money wasted.

Also bought a new Sidewinder outer belt.

"The Card" is smoldering a little, but not burnt-down.

Nice!
I'm so invested in in my Ms with mags, a 9mm conversion barrel (for the big 40), and gear (see above) that even though I have "better" guns (by popular opinion only) there's no way I'm changing platforms now.

Modularity, interchangeability, and versatility win the day when SHTF.

LOVE my XDMs.

We made the move to the XDM40's about 5 years. ago by renting more than 10 hand guns (on free rental night). Out of all the different models from glocks to Sigs, even a HK, we chose the XDM40 because it fit both our grips and shot better.

After the 9mm panic buying is over I'll see about a 9mm barrel.;)

I was starting to think Springfields got no love around here. When I bought my XDM I wondered why I was shooting anything else tbh.
We made the move to the XDM40's about 5 years. ago by renting more than 10 hand guns (on free rental night). Out of all the different models from glocks to Sigs, even a HK, we chose the XDM40 because it fit both our grips and shot better.

After the 9mm panic buying is over I'll see about a 9mm barrel.;)
I bought my first M about 10 yrs ago... I was an early adopter of .40 S&W (silly of me not to check with the internet first) and it was my first handgun purchase after my (now) ex wife had sold-off my small arsenal... a completely different sad, sad story.

It was a couple of "firsts" for me... first plasticky plastic gun. First striker-fired gun, both of which I'd always associated with cheap junk. Took a leap and bought it.

The 9mm conversion barrel came later and was part of a plan that was forming in my head... a SHTF plan.

I bought another M, a 3.8 9mm. Now I had a primary sidearm capable of firing two calibers and a secondary pistol which can accept parts, mags, and ammo from the primary. I've been buying-up 40 and 9mm mags when I see em for sale... full-sized 40 and both sizes of 9mm.

The 9mm conversion takes a conversion barrel and 9mm magazines. Mine wouldn't lock-back on an empty mag (common) with the 18# 40cal recoil spring so I bought a spare guide rod and a 16# spring which are quickly replaced as a unit without tools should the need arise.

Now my XDMs are more of a "system" or "program". Replacing them or switching platforms would be stupid... no internet love means 0.sh*t to me, what works works.

The trigger could use some help (still) and I think I'd like some new sights... XS Big Dots have caught my eye. Maybe Dawson FO or TruGlo TFX... haven't decided yet.

I made the mistake of visiting my LGS today. Saw two interesting used Sig P220's. One cost $50 more than the other. It was an ST, which is the all steel frame. That one had the E2 grips. I purchased the other since it was in better overall shape and has the basic factory grip.

I have lots of components and like to load .45 ACP .

Right time right place and picked up a PSA GF3. Seemed like a decent price and the G3 rifles are getting good reviews. The plumb furnitue grabed my attention too.
IMG_20200421_153724.jpg

Acquired and filed the paperwork on Griffin Bushwhacker 46 silencer.

griffin_bushwhacker_front__1200x1200.jpg

Primary plan is to run it on the .44 bolt-action, with an eye to perhaps to the lever-gun in said too. And ... so trying to resist the urge to get into something .45/70 again. I'll be good, for now. :p

The Form 4 has been submitted and tax paid, so ...

ugxrvc-gif.gif

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads