JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
200 MVIMG_20190126_165956.jpg MVIMG_20190126_170106.jpg rounds of 30/30

Ordered a JP Enterprises Enhanced .308 extractor.

Was at the range today trying to sight in my new scope, and wasn't able to see where I was hitting while trying to get it on paper so moved target stand closer, still not on paper, shoot berm even closer with scope zoomed to figure out where It's shooting and the stupid extractor broke on me. grrrr. Note to self: DPMS Gen-1 extractors are junk...replace extractor immediately in 6.5 build.

I finally got this back from the builder today:

taNqtuh.jpg
FYuykjd.jpg
9U9lJ0r.jpg
hatT5T1.jpg
nyozU6Y.jpg
lqBV9I0.jpg

This was built with a number-matching Polish Kbk AKMS underfolder kit. It has a Childers receiver that is made in the US from a Polish blank from the Radom factory where the rifle was originally built. It has Polish fire selector markings . The Polish blank was folded, rails installed, and heat treated in the US so it counts as a US part for 922r compliance. The receiver is marked with the same Polish serial number as the rest of the numbered parts (Childers offers custom serial numbers).

The barrel is a brand new Polish Fabryka Broni -FB Radom- chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel made in the Radom factory and better than the original barrel. It came unthreaded so I had the builder thread the barrel with standard AK 14x1 LH threads.

The rifle has a Magpul handguard, US Palm pistol grip, and enough other US-made parts for 922r compliance.

I sent the package to the builder in May 2018. He opened it in June 2018 and cashed my 50% deposit on June 16, 2018. The invoice said

Terms
Lead Times
Complete Build 8-10 Weeks

10 weeks after June 16, 2018 would have been August 25, 2018. August ended with no news. Nothing. September came and still no word. Finally on September 24, 2018 - one month longer than the estimate - I sent a nice polite email

Hello,

Checking in to see how my build invoice 11028 Polish underfolder is going and to find out if you have an updated estimate of when it will be done. Thanks.

The builder responded with two words: "This month". That would mean September.

Well September ended and no rifle. October came and went no rifle. November came and went no rifle. December came and went no rifle. And no communication.

Finally on January 2, 2019 I sent another, less polite email:

Hello,

September, October, November, December, and 2018 have come and gone. Any idea when my rifle will be done?

He didn't give even a two word response.

Finally a few days ago I got an invoice telling me to pay the 50% balance due, which meant my rifle was done. Seven months after he received the kit.

Last Edited:
Goodies showed up today!
case of 500 .308 150gr TulAmmo, and a box of .308 168gr Federal Gold Medal Sierra Match King
And another 7.62x39 upper. But this time with side charging handle + MLOK handguard.
5UID9fi.jpg

And the lower meets it's new upper!
4DBzSqw.jpg

I finally got this back from the builder today:

View attachment 545268

This was built with a number-matching Polish Kbk AKMS underfolder kit. It has a Childers receiver that is made in the US from a Polish blank from the Radom factory where the rifle was originally built. It has Polish fire selector markings . The Polish blank was folded, rails installed, and heat treated in the US so it counts as a US part for 922r compliance. The receiver is marked with the same Polish serial number as the rest of the numbered parts (Childers offers custom serial numbers).

The barrel is a brand new Polish Fabryka Broni -FB Radom- chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel made in the Radom factory and better than the original barrel. It came unthreaded so I had the builder thread the barrel with standard AK 14x1 LH threads.

The rifle has a Magpul handguard, US Palm pistol grip, and enough other US-made parts for 922r compliance.

I sent the package to the builder in May 2018. He opened it in June 2018 and cashed my 50% deposit on June 16, 2018. The invoice said

10 weeks after June 16, 2018 would be August 25, 2018. August ended with no news. Nothing. September came and still no word. Finally on September 24, 2018 - one month longer than the estimate - I sent a nice polite email

The builder responded with two words: "This month". That would mean September.

Well September ended and no rifle. October came and went no rifle. November came and went no rifle. December came and went no rifle. And no communication.

Finally on January 2, 2019 I sent another, less polite email:

He didn't give even a two word response.

Finally a few days ago I got an invoice telling me to pay the 50% balance due, which meant my rifle was done. Seven months after he received the kit.
Not great service, but does it run?

Where did you order your magazines for your SOCOM? I ordered a 10 pack of 20 round magazines from 44mag.com but they are closing. I wouldn't mind another set of ten, 20 round magazines.
Lol look around I ordered 2 .
25 round mags from Midway and 4 twenty round mags from Classic FIREARM'S .

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top