JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just when I thought I was done buying AR parts for a while...

Damn, those look nice!

1000002975.jpg

For when the bombs drop and I have to patrol the Mohave.....

This is the Blackgunswood stock and their A1 grip with the WWSD carbon fiber upper and hand guard. Just my recommendation, but ask for the A1 style grip. The traditional one with the finger groves is kid of square and I found it uncomfortable. The A1 grip is awesome!

PXL_20230617_010007229.jpg

I'm not a fan of wooden furniture, but I gotta admit, she's purdy
It actually shoots really well. It is just under 7lbs so light but not featherweight, but with the CF hand guard and pencil profile barrel, the front is really light, so it swings easily and switching targets is fast. I also like the feel of the wood over a plastic stock and grip. Thais said, it would not be my bump-in-the-night or SHTF gun.

I don't have a pic right now but I built one for my son with laminated wood furniture. He slayed the sage rats last month with it on his first successful rat trip last month. I wasn't sure how a non free floated setup would work at distance but anything within 300 yards was not safe. Oh, ever wonder why they use wooden handles on stuff that gets hot? Because it works very well, a non issue that was posted earlier.

Just when I thought I was done buying AR parts for a while...

Damn, those look nice!

View attachment 1883603
That's exactly what I said until I saw the prices for the nicer stock sets. Before I make a purchase I ask myself if the item will make life better, If the answer is no There's a good chance that I'll buy it anyway.

I suppose it would be fine for your non-HD AR but no way for your primary AR for HD.
I agree, the fixed buttstock and long barrel with the A1 grip and the additional weight are great for bench work and target competition.
But for "serious" work you want just the opposite, something lighter and more handy, shorter barrel, collapsable buttstock and a grip with a more "upright" angle to it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top