JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not today but in the past month....

Game Reaper T/C Encore medium scope mount
Nikon Monarch 3 BDC scope 4-16x42
Tipton cleaning rod rack
3 more Bore Store silicon-treated rifle storage cases
Professional's Choice gun cleaning patches
Lasermax CF for the S&W Shield
Bushnell TRS-25 for the S&W 15-22
6 Magpul M3 5.56 40-round magazines
Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB for the Shield
300 rds Winchester .22LR ammo
500 rds CI .22LR ammo
400 rds Federal 9mm ammo
You are not married, are you? My wife thinks 18 guns is too many, so she won't let me buy any more unless I sell one first. So I can upgrade my collection, but not add to it. I plan on selling my Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander and getting a Colt Competition 1911. I think I will prefer the full size and weight.

I did receive my 327 Federal Blackhawk and yes it is a heavy weight and a eight shooter. Very Pleased.
Today I ordered two 16" Faxon 'Gunner' barrels with .625 gas blocks and one Faxon 13" handguard. Pricey parts.

You are not married, are you?

Yes. 45+ years. Wife just rolls her eyes, as she has no interest in guns, woodworking, or genealogy. She likes to travel; I don't. She reads fiction; I read history or how-to books. When she sighs and rolls her eyes, I ask how she likes the new refrigerator and dishwasher. If she asks why I need more tools, I ask how she likes the kitchen remodel and new deck.

If she says something about guns, I tell her that other family members love to shoot too, so it's not just me. And then I clinch it by reminding her that she 'fell in love with the boy, and I'm just keeping the boy alive.'

We're retired and have no debt, so I have more discretionary time and money than in the past. Health issues have slowed me down more than anything of late.

I'm not a collector and only have eight rifles and six handguns by the way. I might get rid of 2-3 handguns and buy a couple shotguns, but I'm not into accumulating lots of guns or having a lot of calibers to stockpile. I'd rather shoot with the kids, grandkids and friends because it's a fun social activity for me.

Yes. 45+ years. Wife just rolls her eyes, as she has no interest in guns, woodworking, or genealogy. She likes to travel; I don't. She reads fiction; I read history or how-to books. When she sighs and rolls her eyes, I ask how she likes the new refrigerator and dishwasher. If she asks why I need more tools, I ask how she likes the kitchen remodel and new deck.

If she says something about guns, I tell her that other family members love to shoot too, so it's not just me. And then I clinch it by reminding her that she 'fell in love with the boy, and I'm just keeping the boy alive.'

We're retired and have no debt, so I have more discretionary time and money than in the past. Health issues have slowed me down more than anything of late.

I'm not a collector and only have eight rifles and six handguns by the way. I might get rid of 2-3 handguns and buy a couple shotguns, but I'm not into accumulating lots of guns or having a lot of calibers to stockpile. I'd rather shoot with the kids, grandkids and friends because it's a fun social activity for me.
Ha! I love it! You are much more creative at rejoinders than I am. We have similar situations when it comes to differing in interests with our spouses. My wife has no interest in firearms, and does not understand my "obsession" with them. Unfortunately, I do not have the discretionary income that I would like to have. So my purchases are few and far between. Now, where did I put that lottery ticket?

I didn't buy them, the wife did for me, but some Pachmayr custom series Brilliant Pearl grips for my 1911.
I like em! Sticks to the hand better than expected.
IMG_20180913_113116102.jpg IMG_20180913_113129527.jpg

I am hoping this auction runs out before I run out of money, just got a Stainless Taurus model 66, a 4" 357

Still have active bids on four other guns

I'm sure yours are better. :)

I agree with the easy install for someone with half a brain. I was swapping triggers on my work bench that is near the middle of my gun room (concrete floor) and still managed to lose one of the two pins that hold the trigger group in. Was so frustrated that I finally had to go get my wife (who wasn't seeing red) to help me find it. It had rolled under a tool box that was way farther away than that stupid little pin had any right to travel under.
Sounds like Murphy was paying you a visit.

I am using the Bud's/NRA auction at e-gunner, You place a bid if it beats both the minimum bid shown and minimum bid hidden it will be a good bid for now. Example Say the current bid is 135 and the minimum bid is shown as 137, the current high bidder may have said 150 so if you go 140 it will say no the current high is 142, if you then say 160 they will say you are now the current high bidder at 152 and someone will have to beat you by 2 so 162 or better to be the new, new high bidder. you have to pay 25 for shipping too.

I just bid what I can afford for that gun. The NRA guns have the light yellow background. I have bids on three that will close today, two tomorrow. Then I am quitting.

With some more desirable guns, people wait till the last minute, and bid pretty high to beat me.

Ok so yeah, that's what I thought you were bidding on, I have my eye on the penny auction, 1911, I have 3 bids I can use apparently.

Assorted spares and upgrades:
Radian Raptor-LT charging handle
two generic milspec CH's
milspec ambi safety

Next to do, some milspec Toolcraft BCG's before the price hike. Trying to work toward enough parts in the Spares Box that I need only add URG's and lowers to turn 'em into complete AR's...

Yeah, the Raptor's going into my 16" GP with its Badger Latch-ed Milspec being transferred to set aside for my M4, and I'm slowly setting suitable items aside for it and the girlfriend's C8--the more I can say came from the Bin, the easier the time I'll have getting her to let me drop $500 on the URG. (She thinks $600-$800 is a "when you get married" investment, even though "her rifle" is technically going to remain my property for legal purposes and only enter her hands on a range or in Home D.)

Another set of Zenitco B-33 and Zenitco B-10M rails... Another $414 down the drain just to avoid the risk of the original ones being destroyed in the hurricane (as much as I like to say its not USPS's fault, they let it sit in one spot for two days and only moved a $40 game to a safer location).

A grip with the thing that goes up...Another sand PMag for the Scarlett Rit Dye... 61ECCD24-B96D-4DAF-B6EA-758A2BCF1F22.jpeg
...And One of the coolest little pocket knives I've ever seen
Had to have it! E0568553-40AC-483A-88B1-EA1804EF6945.jpeg
Unfortunately the stupid laser grip doesn't work with detachable carry handles..(A1/A2 uppers only) so I can't put it on my Colt Commando AOW like I planned... so I either have to sell it, or build another AR with an A2 upper. Can you guess what I decided?

Here's a hint...
The other thing I got today...A nicely broke in A2 Upper from another awsome NWFA member. 236C077B-B954-44C3-ADD3-D2DF647ED3A9.jpeg

Picked up my cz last night and @LuckySG helped me install the aftermarket goodies. Can't wait to go out and se how it does. Extra parts are trigger spring, trigger shoe, mag release, and charging handle. Ordered up a new grip for it last night. Now I get to put my free gun bag to use
20180914_221952.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads