JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can order a gun off the internet and have it delivered to your home.

I mean, if you're an FFL it's kosher.

Ugh, that one is really bad. I remember Jon Stewart going on a rant monologue on The Daily Show about that and how the law must change! Um, Jon, the law already doesn't allow that.

Sadly it works because so many people choose to remain ignorant. Even many gun owners. I have related this story before. Decades back had a legal full Auto Mac. Couple buddies had some full auto stuff. We used to shoot at an old quarry. Several times another shooter would run over to us to tell us what we had was illegal. I would ask about a VERY well know gun shop there. They had of course heard of it. I would say they are a Class III dealer. If you want to see some and find out about buying ask them. Many of the other shooters would say I was full of crap. At that point I would tell them go away. A few would run to their car to head to the nearest pay phone to call the law on us. One time an LEO actually showed up, talked to us and left. I could see the guy watching who had called. Standing there with his mouth open in disbelief. This was other shooters who were this ignorant. So it's easy to see why so many who don't even own a gun will fall for the garbage the "news" feeds them.

That reminds me of one of the times I was picking up an NFA item. It was the Serbu Super Shorty, which is registered as an AOW. One of the old duffers that hung out all day long at the FFL/SOT saw it, came over and said "That ain't legal! That's a sawed-off shotgun!" I replied simply, "It is legal". Not believing me, he repeated himself more loudly. The shop owner, in an annoyed tone, said "It is legal, he's paid the tax. He's also buying a silencer." Old fart puffed and went back to his chair.

That is a great one. Long ago one night I was stopped cause I happened to be standing outside of a house a domestic was going on in. I had a 1911 on me that was Mil surp. After all was straitened out one LEO asked me where I got the pistol. When I told him he said, "this says United States Property on it?" I said "how long have you been a Cop? He looked puzzled, I said you do know that until 1968 you could order these by mail right? He just smiled and handed me the pistol back and appologized for them wasting my time.:D

I owned a S&W Model 57 .41Mag w/4" barrel that said S.F.P.D. on the side, shield and all... I was always paranoid that I'd get that treatment sometime. I sure miss that gun!!!

Right! They used to sell guns at Abercrombie and Fitch, but they are easier to get these days?

Sears.... J.C. Higgins or Ted Williams right to your door!! As a kid I drooled over those sections...

People who say that a 22lr or a 22wmr firearm is a worthless caliber in a self defense situation.
Cate

Many a banger has fallen to a .22lr, either from another banger, or from a homeowner or a storeowner. I've seen the vids. They don't drop in their tracks, but they are still vulnerable to the FIBS factor... Fudge I've Been Shot. And they skedaddle. Some drop before getting very far into the parking lot. Some in the doorway. Some out in the street. And some down the road somewhere. Doesn't matter as long as they leave.

.22lr is probably going to be my wife's next SD caliber... if her dementia doesn't escalate. Right now it's just memory loss, but...

Don't know what ever became of the whole mess.
Will Hayden is in jail and his business partner had to close the business and start over under a new name.

Yeah, his new Choctaw name is: "Don't Drop The Soap"

"Open carry helps educate people who are scared of guns."

I'd like to edjumacate those scared of guns... give them something to really be scared of: "You maggot, did your mother send you here to piss me off? Drop and give me 20!!!"

My point exactly! The larger heavier bullet will be more accurate since the wind will have less effect.

Accuracy is hitting what you aim at.
Precision is how well can it be repeated.
Accuracy is human.
Precision is not.

IE you can shoot accurately, but the cartridge was created to a certain level of precision. The gun was created or machined to a certain level of precision, the guy shooting it has a certain level of accuracy.

Can we add "terms" that refuse to die?

"Barely legal" is one I can not stand.

I remember watching the film Grosse Pointe Blank with several family members and that happened; every male in my family groaned. :s0112:
Some shows I've watched lately, every time somebody turns around the SOB makes a noise.

How the hell you 'pusosed to sneak up on bad guys if any movement makes your gun make noise?

At that point I would tell them go away. A few would run to their car to head to the nearest pay phone to call the law on us. One time an LEO actually showed up, talked to us and left. I could see the guy watching who had called. Standing there with his mouth open in disbelief.

Did you flip him off as the cop was driving away?

Accuracy is human.
Precision is not.

IE you can shoot accurately, but the cartridge was created to a certain level of precision. The gun was created or machined to a certain level of precision, the guy shooting it has a certain level of accuracy.
What if the wind kicks up after you pull the trigger? Wouldn't you then be relying on the accuracy of the round? ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top