JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The tie-dyed shirt, long greasy hair and moobs is a fantastic look.
I saw the guy on a TV news report. If I'd been the FFL, I don't think I'd have sold him a gun even if he wasn't Antifa! However, he indicated he was Antifa and I feel that anyone knowingly selling a firearm to an organization committing the crimes Antifa commits, should be held as accountable as Antifa! It's akin to selling a gun to a known terrorist! So -- I fully support the FFL!

But Bend isn't Eastern Oregon? And what constitutes a "Group" on FarseBook? Like, 3?
Bend is east of the Cascades, that makes it Eastern Oregon. Oregon is divided by it geological features, not by measured demarcation points. The Cascades are used by everyone from the government to truckers as the east/west dividing line. Since there is such a stark contrast to the landscape from the range this makes total sense. Western Oregon nearly is (or in some places actually is) a temperate rain forest, while Eastern Oregon is either high mountain desert or some close approximation thereof or a dry ponderosa forest.

The north/south divide is a bit harder to discern. In the West it is marked by the Willamette Valley in the north and the Klamath Mountains in the south (Right around the city of Eugene). In the east it is mostly marked by the Northern Basin in the south (don't ask) and the Blue Mountains and the Columbia Basin in the north. The north/south divide is pretty close to the map midpoint, but it is indeed divided by the geographic features not how well it bisects the map.

Bend is east of the Cascades, that makes it Eastern Oregon. Oregon is divided by it geological features, not by measured demarcation points. The Cascades are used by everyone from the government to truckers as the east/west dividing line. Since there is such a stark contrast to the landscape from the range this makes total sense. Western Oregon nearly is (or in some places actually is) a temperate rain forest, while Eastern Oregon is either high mountain desert or some close approximation thereof or a dry ponderosa forest.

The north/south divide is a bit harder to discern. In the West it is marked by the Willamette Valley in the north and the Klamath Mountains in the south (Right around the city of Eugene). In the east it is mostly marked by the Northern Basin in the south (don't ask) and the Blue Mountains and the Columbia Basin in the north. The north/south divide is pretty close to the map midpoint, but it is indeed divided by the geographic features not how well it bisects the map.
I always think of Bend as Central Oregon. Honestly haven't given a lot of thought to where Western becomes Central, or Central becomes Eastern.

I always think of Bend as Central Oregon. Honestly haven't given a lot of thought to where Western becomes Central, or Central becomes Eastern.
I am sure someone uses "central" as some kind of useful metric, they just do not run in any of my circles. Most government functions I am aware of break the state into simple east/west, e.g. hunting regulations;

3.jpg

grew up in Deschutes and Jefferson counties, always referred to it as central Oregon, been on the wet side for almost 39 years now.

Last Edited:
Curious. I wonder who uses that. Maybe mostly local government functions (e.g. water management districts)?
I worked in state government for 10 years. I often heard the Bend/Redmond/Prineville/Madras area referred to as Central Oregon. I don't think it's anything carved in stone. Just common usage. Kind of like "southern Oregon." I think when people use that term it's mostly SW Oregon that comes to mind. K Falls and Lakeview are about as far south as you can get, but I think most people would think of them as eastern Oregon rather than southern Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top