JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a history teacher, this one is my pet peeve.

The problem is guns are so prevalent and so easy to get now. Never in US history has it been easier to purchase a firearm or have there been so many households that own guns.

Really?!? Who was your history teacher? :s0012:

As a history teacher, this one is my pet peeve.

The problem is guns are so prevalent and so easy to get now. Never in US history has it been easier to purchase a firearm or have there been so many households that own guns.

Really?!? Who was your history teacher? :s0012:
That is a great one. Long ago one night I was stopped cause I happened to be standing outside of a house a domestic was going on in. I had a 1911 on me that was Mil surp. After all was straitened out one LEO asked me where I got the pistol. When I told him he said, "this says United States Property on it?" I said "how long have you been a Cop? He looked puzzled, I said you do know that until 1968 you could order these by mail right? He just smiled and handed me the pistol back and appologized for them wasting my time.:D

That guns are easier to get now, that one was claimed by a person who claimed to be old. Or that semiautos never existed in their day, ignoring that the AR was sold to the public since the 60s and even appeared on civilian market before being adopted by the military. And that semiautos existed before that too.

People also forget that until a certain point guns could be delivered to your house.

That guns are easier to get now, that one was claimed by a person who claimed to be old. Or that semiautos never existed in their day, ignoring that the AR was sold to the public since the 60s and even appeared on civilian market before being adopted by the military. And that semiautos existed before that too.

People also forget that until a certain point guns could be delivered to your house.

Right! They used to sell guns at Abercrombie and Fitch, but they are easier to get these days?

Right! They used to sell guns at Abercrombie and Fitch, but they are easier to get these days?
Yeah, but apparently they are almost always from that time and say that the guns either didn't exist or were impossible to get. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm not actually a person in my late 20s, I was actually born when dinosaurs roamed the earth! ;)

The problem is guns are so prevalent and so easy to get now.

Indeed. All of my grandparents, and most of my wife's grandparents, could have (in theory) waltzed in to a hardware store (like Coast to Coast), laid down their cash, and walked away with a Thompson submachine-gun with no paperwork, no tax, no NFA BS, and the rest. Never been so accessible? Bulldink. :rolleyes:

That there is such a thing as an inherently accurate or inaccurate caliber.

Despite centuries of American firearms hunting and an entire species of N American elk being hunted to extinction, only magnums are appropriate calibers for harvesting them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top