JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun myths that simply refuse to die.....

Attachments

• ummmm.gif
    ummmm.gif
    664.9 KB · Views: 39
You can order a gun off the internet and have it delivered to your home.

I mean, if you're an FFL it's kosher.

You can just walk into any shop put cash down and walk away with a firearm.

Not even if you're an FFL.

Assault Weapons...

Enough said.

In "No country for old men" a silenced 12 gauge. Is that a thing? If it is, i wants one!

Edit: just did a search, oh crap, it is a thing! Nevermind!

Last Edited:
So, we've all seen them; totally incorrect, but oft repeated, gun myths that simply refuse to die, despite overwhelming, demonstrable, and documented evidence to the contrary. They may be in the area of ballistics, mechanical properties, war stories, history, legal issues, or just plain old bullplop.

What are some you often encounter? Any a pet peeve? Do you bother countering them anymore? Enjoy! :s0155:

I have several of them but this one always gets me.

People who say that a 22lr or a 22wmr firearm is a worthless caliber in a self defense situation.

Cate

It was in large part due to that movie that a couple places started working on making such a thing. As far as I could tell there was no one really trying until that movie.

I did not know that but I did see the movie a long time ago.

We rented it.

Thank you.

Cate

I did not know that but I did see the movie a long time ago.

We rented it.

Thank you.

Cate
First time I ever saw anyone doing serious work on one was that clown who was a Class III manufacturer, had that show on one of the cable networks? He did one show on trying to make one that would work for a customer who wanted one after seeing that movie. Show was interesting at times then went off the air. I heard he got arrested for molesting one of his kids who was also on the show. Don't know what ever became of the whole mess.

"Gun Show Loopholes" (a favorite myth of the anti-gunners)

The "Gun Show Loophole" This makes me cringe every time I hear it. And it's the candidates vying for the highest position in the land using it! Now they have added the "Internet Loophole" too. People are eating those terms up and spewing them out in discussions of why we need MORE "Common sense gun laws"!

The "Gun Show Loophole" This makes me cringe every time I hear it. And it's the candidates vying for the highest position in the land using it! Now they have added the "Internet Loophole" too. People are eating those terms up and spewing them out in discussions of why we need MORE "Common sense gun laws"!
Sadly it works because so many people choose to remain ignorant. Even many gun owners. I have related this story before. Decades back had a legal full Auto Mac. Couple buddies had some full auto stuff. We used to shoot at an old quarry. Several times another shooter would run over to us to tell us what we had was illegal. I would ask about a VERY well know gun shop there. They had of course heard of it. I would say they are a Class III dealer. If you want to see some and find out about buying ask them. Many of the other shooters would say I was full of crap. At that point I would tell them go away. A few would run to their car to head to the nearest pay phone to call the law on us. One time an LEO actually showed up, talked to us and left. I could see the guy watching who had called. Standing there with his mouth open in disbelief. This was other shooters who were this ignorant. So it's easy to see why so many who don't even own a gun will fall for the garbage the "news" feeds them.

First time I ever saw anyone doing serious work on one was that clown who was a Class III manufacturer, had that show on one of the cable networks? He did one show on trying to make one that would work for a customer who wanted one after seeing that movie. Show was interesting at times then went off the air. I heard he got arrested for molesting one of his kids who was also on the show. Don't know what ever became of the whole mess.

Will Hayden is in jail and his business partner had to close the business and start over under a new name.

Meaux Guns and Aklys Defense, based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

"You can just walk into any shop put cash down and walk away with a firearm."

Right, it has to a store that sells guns.

In Texas, if you have a License To Carry you can buy a handgun and walk out with it the same day.

Usually takes an hour or so what with filling out the 4473.

"You can just walk into any shop put cash down and walk away with a firearm."

Right, it has to a store that sells guns.

In Texas, if you have a License To Carry you can buy a handgun and walk out with it the same day.

Usually takes an hour or so what with filling out the 4473.
15 minutes and my 4473 is through and done. LGS is overpriced but I almost always have transfers done through them, in and out.

Sadly it works because so many people choose to remain ignorant. Even many gun owners. I have related this story before. Decades back had a legal full Auto Mac. Couple buddies had some full auto stuff. We used to shoot at an old quarry. Several times another shooter would run over to us to tell us what we had was illegal. I would ask about a VERY well know gun shop there. They had of course heard of it. I would say they are a Class III dealer. If you want to see some and find out about buying ask them. Many of the other shooters would say I was full of crap. At that point I would tell them go away. A few would run to their car to head to the nearest pay phone to call the law on us. One time an LEO actually showed up, talked to us and left. I could see the guy watching who had called. Standing there with his mouth open in disbelief. This was other shooters who were this ignorant. So it's easy to see why so many who don't even own a gun will fall for the garbage the "news" feeds them.

This reaction has never gone away, sadly. Just the other week I had a fellow at the range insisting that my suppressors were totally illegal and that he was going to call the police. I told him to go right ahead, but I don't think he followed through since law enforcement never showed up.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top