JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I don't understand why the business card was presented unless it was to stir up some chit. The deal seems sketchy at best and I believe that the gun store can sell or not to whoever they want. I for one would not want to sell ammo I knew was going to Ner'do wells.

Last Edited:
IMG_1514.jpeg

The gun store should just tell the media that they declined the guy because he is a member of the NRA (there is a picture of his membership card in the story) - a well-known organization designated as a hate group by the Southern Law Poverty Center. The media would then fawn all over the gun store. :s0140: Doubtful that they would bother to fact check it either.

Seriously, I saw this story on KEZI news last night. My wife and I thought this wouldn't hurt business at that gun store at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

From the article:
"A person's ethnicity, their race, their political belief, their religion, like that…the guy's job is to sell guns," Iannicelli said.

Ethnicity, race, and religion are protected classes. Guess what is not? Political belief. Sucks to be you. Wasn't that antifa that was trying to overthrow the government by attacking a federal building in Portland for like a year? Yea, that would seem to disqualify you from a private party selling/transferring a firearm for you if they choose.

In a sane world anyway.

From the article:
"A person's ethnicity, their race, their political belief, their religion, like that…the guy's job is to sell guns," Iannicelli said.

Ethnicity, race, and religion are protected classes. Guess what is not? Political belief. Sucks to be you. Wasn't that antifa that was trying to overthrow the government by attacking a federal building in Portland for like a year? Yea, that would seem to disqualify you from a private party selling/transferring a firearm for you if they choose.

In a sane world anyway.
That would probably be what it stems from. If you watched the news at all for the better part of two years you'd see what bubblegum those Emeffer's were doing to potland! Most of the statues are still down. But realize, Florence is barely holding on being to the conservatives side. It's fallen seriously toward the woke side in the last 10 years.

And, the "True Value" hasn't had guns for a few years now, I don't think.

Interesting. At first I sided with the antifa idiot. "Shall not be infringed" and all that. But the constitution is directed toward the government and not at individual business people. Your freedom of speech does not give you free time on the local radio station.

Thank you all who posted above.

On the other side of the coin, antifa would champion the store if they denied selling to an actual Nazi fascist with a business card that had a link to such a group or that was wearing the insignia. I bet the media and various "outraged" groups would have no qualms with that.

However.. this guy bought a gun online fair and square and transferred it to that FFL..
If he is a law abiding citizen capable of passing a BGC.. I can't say that I agree with a business denying a sale for that reason alone.. If the guy was nice in store, had a clean record but happened to have a certain (albeit, idiotic) political preference listed on his card.. that steps into some muddy waters. What if those on the extreme left took over FFLs.. we'd get denied due to political affiliation/preference if we disagreed, people already get "cancelled" and in some cases fired if they don't share the same political opinions as the radicals these days. It can get out of hand fast if we pick and choose when someone can be denied.

I do consider Antifa to be a terrorist organization though.. so that's a little tough in terms of how I feel on it. I'm a bit conflicted.

I guess I don't understand why the business card was presented unless it was to stir up some chit.
You do have a point there, I have business cards but I've never given them out to an FFL.. the only thing I can think of is, it had his contact phone number on there? But they usually write that down on the immediate paperwork.. a card would get lost.. it would seem this may have an element of purposeful and nefarious intent. Something meant to grab headlines.

"...he can't get the gun that he bought online when he lived in Colorado. ..."

That just simply doesn't make sense.

Was he trying to use business cards as ID?

I don't believe FFL's would accept temporary Oregon ID, and it likely takes "a while" to get the legitimate OR ID.

Story seems off, however nothing OFF should look into.

Interesting. At first I sided with the antifa idiot. "Shall not be infringed" and all that. But the constitution is directed toward the government and not at individual business people. Your freedom of speech does not give you free time on the local radio station.

Thank you all who posted above.
And just as importantly, IIRC, FFLs are told that not only do they have the right to refuse to transfer/sell a firearm to someone they feel is questionable (for valid reasons), it is their obligation to do so. Being a member of a group engages in unlawful illegal activity (riots, vandalism, violence) certainly qualifies.

Tin foil hat time, I believe that Antifa has been reactivated due to the Israeli/Hamas war and that this was a probe looking for a soft spot to attack. I do not believe this is the first or only incident of this type. Watch out in crowds not necessarily in urban environments. Hamas tactics in play here. .

And then there's...

A far left leaning news station in a far left leaning college town seemingly caring about someone being denied their right to buy a "FIRE ARM"? Wut? :s0020:

"...he can't get the gun that he bought online when he lived in Colorado. ..."

That just simply doesn't make sense.

Was he trying to use business cards as ID?

I don't believe FFL's would accept temporary Oregon ID, and it likely takes "a while" to get the legitimate OR ID.

Story seems off, however nothing OFF should look into.
FFLs will accept the temporary ID issued by DMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top