JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DI guns are unreliable...
Longer barrels are more accurate than shorter ones...
You need to use a minimum of XYZ magnum for a deer rifle....
Nobody hunts with an AR....
.30 Carbine won't penetrate an enemies cloth uniform....
You can't shoot a handgun accurately with both eyes open....
Dry firing a gun will implode the firing pin and internals after doing it once....

Working behind a gun counter for a few years I heard quite a few. Truth be told I probably unknowingly repeated some BS too :oops:

That anyone who uses the word "clip" in reference to a magazine is an ignorant fool, and anyone who so knowingly corrects them is an "operator".

That all Mini-14s are hopelessly inaccurate.

That mass shootings happen because of the easy availability of these new-fangled "semi-auto guns" nowadays.

I know that one has been covered already, but I'll add to it a little. Someone actually told me that a while back, so I asked him how long he thought guns like that had been readily available. He guessed maybe 20 years.

I told him we wouldn't talk about Tommy guns from nearly a century ago, mostly because they were never widely available (very expensive), but we could certainly talk about guns like the little M1 Carbine. Six million of them made during WWII, and many thousands of commercial ones after that, they became widely available and popular starting in the '60s.

Semi-auto with commonly available 30 round magazines, they shot fast and with soft-point bullets could be quite deadly. You could by them for $20 back then, mail order. Guns like this were readily available and common back then, but we didn't have young people shooting up schools and stores. Something has changed...

What about the myth that Winchester created an ammunition specifically for Portland's crime problem? Just because Portland's alias is PDX and just because we had like 11 shootings in the last week in se alone (see report below) doesn't mean this ammo was created for PDX!
AE911526-8E4C-4341-94FE-4FCB8B0538B1.jpeg

604ACE48-21AF-46EF-AC83-B5193911572F.jpeg

...yes this is tongue-in-cheek (but crime map is real -crimes like robberies, theft, vandalism were left out cuz it's so thick U can't really see the map if u include those).

Last Edited:
Mainstream media and some social media sources would have us believe that most of the perpetrators of mass shootings, 4 or more victims in a public place not including the shooter, are mostly white males. This simply is not true.

There is a meme circulating on the internet which shows most mug shots of those accused so far in 2019. Even Snopes has to agree on its accuracy though they do comment on the definition of a mass shooting.

The meme can be viewed along with the Snopes commentary here... Does a Meme Show the Faces of Suspected Mass Shooters in U.S. in 2019?
massshooters2019.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top