JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1647535759073.png

Rezvani Hercules
1000 HP engine
6-wheel drive

FEATURES

Bullet proof glass and body armor
Underside explosive protection
Smoke Screen
Military Runflat Tires
Thermal Night Vision System
Reinforced suspension
Electromagnetic Pulse Protection
Ram Bumpers
Optional explosive device detection
Continuous video recording
Electrified Door Handles
Siren and Horn Options
Strobe Lights
Blinding Lights
Intercom System
Magnetic Dead Bolts
Gas masks
First Aid kit
Hypothermia kit
Pepper Spray Dispenser

It also has Air conditioning;)

What are your thoughts on a good vehicle? Im new to thinking about this so this is what seems like the priorities would be: (not necessarily in the order of priority)

1. Reliability
2. Inconspicuous
3. Fuel Efficient
4. Storage (first aid, chain saw, tools etc)
5. Ability to move all members of the family

Not a priority
1. Camo paint
2. Winch
3. 4x4 (how often are you in 4x4 really?)
4. AC
5. Zombie response stickers

Given this premise, it seems like a good inexpensive vehicle for SHTF would be a common minivan.

Thoughts??
After seeing the reality of what SHTF looks like in Ukraine, I'd change 4X4 on your list from "not a priority" to priority, and include axle clearance in your list of priorities.

Blank check? Downside would be only having access to the rail network, but an FP9 diesel locomotive and a 5-bedroom observation car like the large-window ones Pullman built for the New York Central and the Southern Railway. The lounge section had a kitchenette, so all you'd need is a little modernization between head-end power off the locomotive and adding a genset to power things while parked, along with some 110VAC plugs. Maybe mount some solar panels on the obs roof, can't do that on the locomotive because of the cooling fans. Alternate, an older 1920s-style open-platform obs where you have a porch built in.

Ideally add a dome-car between the two refitted with openable dome windows to use as a lookout/sniper post, but then you're cut off from anything north/east of DC because of limited-height clearances in the tunnels around DC Union Station and under the Hudson River.

I'm figuring gas will be scarce during SHTF and there will be a surplus of bandits and unprepared, so I've decided on this 80 toepower environmentally friendly rig. I'll probably spring for the optional fan girl for the summer months.
1647563963293.png

Yeah, but can it handle a Portland pothole?
I cracked a wheel and lost 2 tires to those myself. And I am super focused on trying to avoid them. Portland hates cars and fixing them (or anything that makes the roads easier to drive) is lowest on the priority list. Seems like most poeple have given up trying to get the city to fix them.

6F7DDD17-0E84-4906-8C5B-45B63791C358.jpeg

I cracked a wheel and lost 2 tires to those myself. And I am super focused on trying to avoid them. Portland hates cars and fixing them (or anything that makes the roads easier to drive) is lowest on the priority list. Seems like most poeple have given up trying to get the city to fix them.

View attachment 1156855
There are roads in Portland worse than anything I've seen in the third world. They finally fixed it, but for a while there a linear pit in the middle of SW Baker Street left a car stuck tipped over on its passenger side, crunching the roofline. Then there was that world-class pothole that used to be at the corner of SE Stark and 122nd Avenue, a total axle breaker. But why the hell would Portland worry about potholes when PBOT can spend all its precious weetle time and money on bikey lanes?

View attachment 1156855
Oh. it isn't just the roads
Portland has given up on everything. It is a failed city.

I-5 Southbound, from say, Broadway to the Marquam Bridge. The ruts worn in the concrete are DANGEROUS! Bad enough in dry weather. Can't imagine what it's like there when all the ruts from stud-runners are filled with water. There are other places too where the stud runners have destroyed the roads. That's Federal bubblegum there!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads