JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nah...if fully tracked, and amphibious...
Yeah they're Russian/Wardaw Pact but these are a nice big size compared to the M577 command vehicle based on the M113 :p
View attachment 1159812View attachment 1159813
Most of the amphibs I have seen are either slow on the water or slow on land, making them a sitting duck for attack. IIRC, some of the older military amphib armored vehicles have been sunk in rough water?

If you know you know !
1647884159412.png

IMO an SHTF vehicle in virtually all cases isn't the one that gets you from your home in Tentlandia to your dystopian fiction paradise farm. Very few people have the funds and resources for something effective like seaworthy vessels and aircraft AND a place to go to where they will not be treated like an outside threat.

For the rest of us you are pretty much at where you will be when and if it happens. Even if you try to flee something really bad unless your rig is one of the first few hundred on the road you will likely get stuck in a massive traffic jam that will happen shortly after the first person panics and causes the accident that will have you idling until you run out of gas.

"Gettin' outta here" will more than likely be your feet, a bicycle, or a motorcycle (if there is gas and you can retain possession). Remember just a few summers ago when the fires happened and what happened as areas evacuated? Imagine that but with hundreds of thousands instead of hundreds.

So what is, for most of us, an SHTF vehicle? It's the one you will use to stay alive. It might be a tractor. It might be the bicycle you use to patrol the area. Whatever it is it's unlikely something that gets you from here to there, and especially not something that looks like it's worth killing you over.

Last Edited:
Raise the temp in this video and see what happens then. How about 32 degrees? I love our CRV. And I wish they hadn't ruined the new models by narrowing the cabin and removing all the space in the front. But I don't care how smart the traction control is, you make that ice 32-33 degrees and you can be stuck on level ground.
Sure, but same goes for any road-worthy, rubber-tired vehicle.

IMO an SHTF vehicle in virtually all cases isn't the one that gets you from your home in Tentlandia to your dystopian fiction paradise farm. Very few people have the funds and resources for something effective like seaworthy vessels and aircraft AND a place to go to where they will not be treated like an outside threat.

For the rest of us you are pretty much at where you will be when and if it happens. Even if you try to flee something really bad unless your rig is one of the first few hundred on the road you will likely get stuck in a massive traffic jam that will happen shortly after the first person panics and causes the accident that will have you idling until you run out of gas.

"Gettin' outta here" will more than likely be your feet, a bicycle, or a motorcycle (if there is gas and you can retain possession). Remember just a few summers ago when the fires happened and what happened as areas evacuated? Imagine that but with hundreds of thousands instead of hundreds.

So what is, for most of us, an SHTF vehicle? It's the one you will use to stay alive. It might be a tractor. It might be the bicycle you use to patrol the area. Whatever it is it's unlikely something that gets you from here to there, and especially not something that looks like it's worth killing you over.
^^^this right here^^
Everyone has some sort of "plan" for the SHTF, but reality is, unless it's something you can see coming ahead of time, your going to be stuck like everyone else wherever you happen to be when "It" happens!

Now, what you do with what ya got after "It" happens that's something else entirely!

^^^this right here^^
Everyone has some sort of "plan" for the SHTF, but reality is, unless it's something you can see coming ahead of time, your going to be stuck like everyone else wherever you happen to be when "It" happens!

Now, what you do with what ya got after "It" happens that's something else entirely!
Like Tyson said, "everybody's got a plan right up to the moment he gets punched in the mouth."

New sherp model is 10 wheel drive. Makes no sense to me why anyone would want this compared to the original. 1250 mile range so maybe it's made for trekking across Siberia or something?

Oh wait, I just thought of what that back part is for, storing your guns and ammo! Now it's making sense! :p

Jeep XJ and Jerry cans if roads are jammed, gen 2 Prius with 2" lift and AT tires if they aren't...those things have a nutty amount of cargo room, and either of them will never die if kept in good shape under 150k miles

New sherp model is 10 wheel drive. Makes no sense to me why anyone would want this compared to the original. 1250 mile range so maybe it's made for trekking across Siberia or something?

Oh wait, I just thought of what that back part is for, storing your guns and ammo! Now it's making sense! :p

Saw one of those in Idaho a few weeks ago.
It was at a lot that had off road stuff for sale just off 95 in the Hayden Silver lake area

There are pros and cons to using a bicycle on railroad tracks, but this setup seems useful:

That depends on a great many things. However something like this dual use street/rail quadbike, I can see being a bit more useful

5f8721c3bef6474610646cad558b8ed4.jpg

Especially if you can get it set up.for single person power, and use the extra space for a large tote for things.

Unlike a dedicated pedal railbike

9be4c125d6962dbd56657fe657785e20.jpg
Which doesn't seem to have a way to be used off rails.... might be something to think about should there be no more maintained roads and should there be rail tracks still existing out there. 🤔 or a State or Fed agency could purchase miles of rail iron and lay tracks in State/National forests :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top