JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are your thoughts on a good vehicle? Im new to thinking about this so this is what seems like the priorities would be: (not necessarily in the order of priority)

1. Reliability
2. Inconspicuous
3. Fuel Efficient
4. Storage (first aid, chain saw, tools etc)
5. Ability to move all members of the family

Not a priority
1. Camo paint
2. Winch
3. 4x4 (how often are you in 4x4 really?)
4. AC
5. Zombie response stickers

Given this premise, it seems like a good inexpensive vehicle for SHTF would be a common minivan.

Thoughts??

Mine is a 95 Bronco with off road front bumper(with winch, led lights) and a rear bumper with tire carrier and a swing out fuel can carrier.

Living in the woods the winch is a priority for me due to possible downed trees and 4x4 is essential for some roads and for the winter. I have room for saws, supplies, roof rack if needed and room for the kids and pups.

Depending on where you live and where you need to go four wheel is important, maybe more important than anything else for me.

Here is my SHTF vehicle, a 1975 Volvo TGB 1111, Swedish Army open topped 4x4. Issues now are it need lead additive to run well and doesn't like ethanol that much, but it will run on modern gas if it has to.

2017-11-29%2000.17.41-X2.jpg

Lots of storage

i-nqdGGhk-L.jpg
Excellent visibility with the top off

i-L9m4ZFG-XL.jpg

It even has a machine gun mount on the front.

Definitely a RAV4 prime. Has 40-50 mile electric range, can be charged from a wall outlet or solar panel, and has a 500 mile gas range getting 38 mpg. Can tow 2500lbs, 300 horsepower, and has a great awd system.

026631DA-315A-42C2-9BE1-D7BCDEF2AADD.jpeg

You need an old, fully mechanical diesel. That means you don't NEED a starter, alternator, batteries, etc. They are noisy but a more reliable system there is not

Given the lack of reliability of most russian equipment, I have doubts that many of the old soviet era missiles will even launch or if launched have warheads that will explode.
But even so, it wouldn't take but a few to get through to make a mess of everything.
I suppose what I'm saying is, don't give the Russians too much credit. The fear mongers have for decades put them on an equal footing militarily with the united states, in my honest opinion, it just isn't so. With the demise of the soviet union thirty years ago their military equipment has deteriorated to an alarming degree.

Given the lack of reliability of most russian equipment, I have doubts that many of the old soviet era missiles will even launch or if launched have warheads that will explode.
But even so, it wouldn't take but a few to get through to make a mess of everything.
I suppose what I'm saying is, don't give the Russians too much credit. The fear mongers have for decades put them on an equal footing militarily with the united states, in my honest opinion, it just isn't so. With the demise of the soviet union thirty years ago their military equipment has deteriorated to an alarming degree.
While that may be completely true. Their military hasn't been pussified for the last 20 years learning about 57 genders and white privilege. Politics and "social justice" has long insidiously worked its way into the US military to the point that a head general in the US is on record recently for saying he was communicating with China during the Trump presidency and let them know he would warn them if Trump tried to do anything crazy.

I think the US is like an iceberg that is slowly changing its weight distribution, eventually it flips completely over because its top gets too heavy compared to the foundation supporting it.

We might have a solid number of true warriors, but if still lead by idiots it doesn't matter.

What are your thoughts on a good vehicle? Im new to thinking about this so this is what seems like the priorities would be: (not necessarily in the order of priority)

1. Reliability
2. Inconspicuous
3. Fuel Efficient
4. Storage (first aid, chain saw, tools etc)
5. Ability to move all members of the family

Not a priority
1. Camo paint
2. Winch
3. 4x4 (how often are you in 4x4 really?)
4. AC
5. Zombie response stickers

Given this premise, it seems like a good inexpensive vehicle for SHTF would be a common minivan.

Thoughts??
Doesn't meet any of your criteria but Sherps are awesome. Too bad they are friggin russian! They used to be manufactured in Kiev and st Petersburg both as I understand it.
43AE8601-A70D-4E06-A21D-40ED4EAA27AE.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top