JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who cares, and why are people telling him to shut up? Ignore him. It's the free market, and people will reply with their pocketbooks.

Besides, I'm too poor to buy ammo. I bought about 400 rounds last week and I probably won't buy anything more until Summer, and I'm not even remotely exaggerating.

Like talking or not talking about purchasing ammo is going to have any dramatic influence on the issue. People are going to do what they want to do regardless of the volume of conversation.

Like talking or not talking about purchasing ammo is going to have any dramatic influence on the issue. People are going to do what they want to do regardless of the volume of conversation.

You are absolutly right, in fact why even come to a gun forum unless it is to get a problem resolved or buy/sell something? Heck, why even read these threads or post an opinion without any basis or fact...especially if it doesn't contribute to the thread WHAT-SO-FREEKIN-EVER.

The amount of ammo is a personal choice (at the moment) but you may want to think about your potential lifetime usage now while you are still free to buy any amount you can afford.

If you have never served in a combat position you might want to ask a veteran about how much ammo you could use in an extended deployment. The answer will vary depending on what war/conflict the veteran served but the amount may surprise you. Having a stable supply of ammo somewhere will be very important if things continue to get unstable in society.

I know there are members who will find reason to disagree with me, no full auto, they will kill you first, you can t carry that much....but it is a topic still worth considering.

M-16 - ten mags, shoot and hall butt senario.
Fire base bunker. 15 cans M-60, 10 bandelers M-16, 6 cans M-79. Couple of case's granades.
Couple of mornings the cubbered was pretty bare.

How much money do you make a year? How much of this money is spendable income? Left over after paying the bills. Then its becomes how much ammo and suppies do you want or can afford.
I'm on a fixed income. I by at least 6 boxes of ammo a year. Some I use for practice. I buy more if money is available.

I guess I have been in a frenzy for 20 years. I keep 1/2 of each of my gunsafes full of ammo with like weapons in the other half. If you have a fire or flood or whatever else, if all your ammo is in the closet, you will have some beautiful clubs in your gun safe. If anyone thinks 1,000 rds is alot, shoot everyday like I do and you will find yourself out of ammo in about a week. Im buying up lots of 22 single shot rifles and 22 ammo, I figure a rifle and some ammo ought to be worth more than gold at the right moment.

I guess I have been in a frenzy for 20 years. I keep 1/2 of each of my gunsafes full of ammo with like weapons in the other half. If you have a fire or flood or whatever else, if all your ammo is in the closet, you will have some beautiful clubs in your gun safe. If anyone thinks 1,000 rds is alot, shoot everyday like I do and you will find yourself out of ammo in about a week. Im buying up lots of 22 single shot rifles and 22 ammo, I figure a rifle and some ammo ought to be worth more than gold at the right moment.

but if they are worth more than gold, what would you take in xchange?

Remember posting on here, I've got 2000 rounds of this, opens a can of worms too. I tell as little people as possible about what I've got. Buying lead from old fisherman and tire stores is a good way to stay under the radar too.

Ammo rarely gets less expensive along the timeline.

Perhaps the OP also had investing in mind. I have invested in Ammo and done well enough by selling some when it doubled and tripled.
After all was said and done I probably made 10% plus inflation and Free ammo.

So I see it as currency in the past present and future. It has proven it over time and for those who buy low and sell high ... it provides free ammo for shooting.

I suspect if Libtards take the lead in the next election then ammo and guns will escalate again.
How much? Dono? But I intend on being a little more flush with cheap ammo to sell 1/2 at a double if it gets there.

I expect if a SHTF scenario were to happen. (And the predictable likelihood is that it will)
Then one must know the questions that people will be asking and their order. (Like a Barter priority list.)
  1. What do you have to drink?
  2. What do you have to eat?
  3. Do you have any Ammo?
  4. What Kind of Ammo?
  5. Do you have any Guns?
  6. What Kind of Guns?

I believe it is likely that .22 ammo and guns have a good chance of becoming currency at times and places and situations across America.

Things to do with extra ammo:

Melt the lead; go fishing

Melt the copper; make some jewelry

Melt the brass; make a statue

Primers and Powder; Have a fun 4th of July removing a small hill or making a pond.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top