JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I work in Healthcare so excuse the medical humor ...
After the Atomic Colon Blow treatment ... make sure you have the Endoscopy [down the throat] procedure performed first just in case they want to re-use the same hose for your colonoscopy. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy ... "Lord I apologize, ... be with those starving pygmies over there". Thus endeth the lesson! :confused:

Just did my second. Three polyps last time. One this time.

This is so easy. You think it's embarrassing and maybe it is a little, but it's so quick and the benefit is huge.

If you're over 50 just do it.... your family will love for it

And it's way more fun than listening to Schiff doing impeachment crap.
Yep, me too.
Do you have to do yours every 3 years?
I have 3rd coming up next year.
First time they found one at 3mm, two at 4mm and one at 12mm ( :eek: ).
Last time they only found one, but it was 8mm.
All were of the cancerous type, but none were actually cancerous...Real life, man.o_O

Dean

My mother died of colon cancer that had metastasized to other parts of her body. She lived with the bleeding for over a year before going in.

I asked her why she waited so long..She said "I was scared"

Get Checked

_nc_ohc=gAqLgb-1O0EAX8Wf1B_&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I have heard that an MRI can detect close to the same as a colonoscopy. I just had a MRI of my lower pelvis including much of my lower intestine. No problems found and they did not suggest getting a colonoscopy. I will have to do it eventually (64), but still do the stool sampling on a regular basis. My family has no had no problems with colon cancer. Lost my Mom at 67 from bladder cancer that migrated to her colon. Wore both external bags for a number of years. She beat the cacer once, but it came back in about 10 years.

My wife had a colonoscopy when she was around 60. She aspirated vomit and ended up being treated for pneumonia. That was caused by the anesthesia and poor attention by the doctors. She was miserable for weeks.

Please don't take this as an excuse for not having one done. It is important to see what is going on down there. Ask about the MRI first. Insurance companies don't like to pay for MRIs, but they can't be much more expensive than a colonoscopy.

I had one a couple of years ago. The doctor recommended it.

Anyway, my insurance said I wasn't eligible due to my age (less than 60 at the time). I got the entire bill (about $3000). So.....warning. Check with the insurance company before going ahead if you're young.

Aloha, Mark

My wife's sister got breast cancer at age 34 a few years ago and found out she has the BRCA2 gene also. My wife got the testing for the gene and sure nuff she has it too. That gene is so aggressive with cancer that my wife had to have a double mastectomy preemptively...that's how bad it is. Turns out that the gene was passed down from her father's side and now my own kid had to have the surgery too. We learned that the BRCA2 gene in males gives them a slightly higher chance for prostate cancer than normal and even higher chance of male breast cancer. Long story short, that BRCA2 gene is a MOFO and I suggest that anyone, male or female with breast or prostate cancer in their family should push very hard to get tested and have insurance pick up the tab. Do not take the first NO for an answer. The research is there!

I have heard that an MRI can detect close to the same as a colonoscopy. I just had a MRI of my lower pelvis including much of my lower intestine. No problems found and they did not suggest getting a colonoscopy. I will have to do it eventually (64), but still do the stool sampling on a regular basis. My family has no had no problems with colon cancer. Lost my Mom at 67 from bladder cancer that migrated to her colon. Wore both external bags for a number of years. She beat the cacer once, but it came back in about 10 years.

My wife had a colonoscopy when she was around 60. She aspirated vomit and ended up being treated for pneumonia. That was caused by the anesthesia and poor attention by the doctors. She was miserable for weeks.

Please don't take this as an excuse for not having one done. It is important to see what is going on down there. Ask about the MRI first. Insurance companies don't like to pay for MRIs, but they can't be much more expensive than a colonoscopy.
Anything that gets you checked brother. Anything.

I don't think MRIs can look at the color of tissue, which is one of the things they look at in a colonoscopy.
Tou may be right, but they do have contrast MRI"s that can show different tissue types and blood vessels. I hope that when my it is my time, they will have perfected it. I would even be willing to pay for it out of pocket. Yeh, I am a weeny whwn it comes to my lower parts, even though I have had three urologists, and two colon rectal surgeons for several years. The best was the colon rectal surgeon with the humongous fingers. Go figure, he was the gentlest and even bought me dinner.

That's good to know about the MRI's
re: The stool sampling My Doctor said they only tell you yes you have cancer or no you don't. They don't do anything about precancerous tissue/ polyps.

Tou may be right, but they do have contrast MRI"s that can show different tissue types and blood vessels. I hope that when my it is my time, they will have perfected it. I would even be willing to pay for it out of pocket. Yeh, I am a weeny whwn it comes to my lower parts, even though I have had three urologists, and two colon rectal surgeons for several years. The best was the colon rectal surgeon with the humongous fingers. Go figure, he was the gentlest and even bought me dinner.
The MRI with contrast will not have the info you need. Also, if they find a polyp they take it right away and even then generally have to check it unless it is plainly cancer or precancerous. Mine was this time around. And contrast generally is iv. Barium can show shapes. But color is important. btw, I am late 30s and had my second one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top