JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Post all the Gen 2/ early Gen 3 transmission problems, and pre the switch from the 5.9 Cummins, the 05-06s are the best Rams since the Gen 1s IMO. Wouldn't own a newer one or a gen 2 for sure. I have a buddy that just had to have his $88k with 6k miles on it 2020 towed back to the dealership.

Last Edited:
Post all the Gen 2/ early Gen 3 transmission problems, and pre the switch from the 5.9 Cummins, the 05-06s are the best Rams since the Gen 1s IMO. Wouldn't own a newer one or a gen 2 for sure. I have a buddy that just had to have his $88k with 6k miles on it 2020 towed back to the dealership.
The manual transmission problems I know all too well - my '97 3500 with Cummins lost its 5th gear years ago, and I have yet to replace it, not quite sure of what manual transmission I can use that does not have these or other problems.

The manual transmission problems I know all too well - my '97 3500 with Cummins lost its 5th gear years ago, and I have yet to replace it, not quite sure of what manual transmission I can use that does not have these or other problems.
There is a fix for the issue with your manual: https://puredieselpower.com/dodge-p...00-transmission-5th-gear-repair-solution.html

I believe there are other fixes out there also for the well known NV4500 5th gear issue. Or you can swap in a G56 which is what came in the 2005 - 2018 trucks.

Great article. My K5 Blazer got rear ended hard by a Camry. I'm waiting patiently for my rig to be repaired as finding an auto body shop that works on classics is not easy these days. People passing by the accident said 'You can't even tell the Blazer got hit' while the Camry was almost half it's original length and bleeding out fluids on the asphalt immediately. The Blazer has a tweeked frame as the car slid under and some body damage from the frame pulling panels around but it was drivable after the wreck. I can attest to older steel vehicles being the ticket.

Our son was rear ended in a '82 Chevy 1/2t. pickup truck by a small sedan from Nippon. The rice grinder was totalled. Jake drove the truck home.
Not really a roadblock, but we were going thru Utah in our brand new V10 F-250 towing our '49 Burb when we rounded a curve to see 2 deer in road and not enough room to avoid hitting them both. I thought OH SH*T!! That had to hurt my beloved new truck. When we got to where we could stop safely to inspect it there was no damage, just blood and deer poop all down the side of the Ford, on the tow dolly and the Burb. If you have a choice bug out in something big and tough.

In 2018 I was hit from behind while commuting to work.
The offending vehicle was a small utility van. My vehicle was my BMW X1.

I was stopped at the tail end of a traffic jam on the zoo hill (Hwy 26) going into Portland - pretty common traffic for rush hour.

I was pushed into the car in front of me - so damage front and rear. Start off as a $7K worth of damage, increased to $15K of repairs - I was surprised they did not total my car as it wasn't worth too much more than that (had about 100K miles on it).

I was still able to drive the car and did for several days until Kuni could fit it into their schedule.

Modern cars are made with crush zones, so yeah, the damage is often extensive and often expensive - but they are safer in severe collisions/incidents.

The football player doing 150+ down the strip in the Corvette and crashing into a car and surviving was a testament to that Heretic. I used to believe the bigger and heavy a car = the most safe.

The problem with ramming with a lot of modern cars is the fuel cutoff switch. It's designed to stop fuel supply completely in the event of a crash. U can reset the switch if u know where it is for your car.

Edit: looks like Saxon beat me to it!

iu

LCPD can't make a roadblock for sheot anyway! The only cops in the game ya gotta worry about at all are NOOSE - once they bring in the attack helicopters it gets a lot...sportier...to survive.

LSPD is equally ineffective, and they nerfed the NOOSE agents in V. LSPD snipers in Helicopters? Meh, hop on a train and go for a ride and you'll lose 'em every time! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top