JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just did my second. Three polyps last time. One this time.

This is so easy. You think it's embarrassing and maybe it is a little, but it's so quick and the benefit is huge.

If you're over 50 just do it.... your family will love for it

And it's way more fun than listening to Schiff doing impeachment crap.

My Mom has Ovarian cancer and genetic testing confirms it's due to BRCA2 genetic mutation.

This has been a 5.5 year chapter of our life. Initially, the insurance would not allow me to get genetic testing to find out if I was a mutant also.

2018 I had my colonoscopy done and there was precancerous polyp removed and biopsied. Because of that, my Dr was able to push through the genetic testing.

Now we know that I'm a mutant and my kids need to be tested as well.

This is so easy.

Feels like you are selling me on your timeshare!

Prep, day of procedure, requirement to have someone known take you home and monitor you (after), loss of day at work ... easy was not on my mind when I had this last done.

A PSA or FIT test might be in order if cancers are not running in your family, and if you have not had previous symptoms.

Just did my second. Three polyps last time. One this time.

This is so easy. You think it's embarrassing and maybe it is a little, but it's so quick and the benefit is huge.

If you're over 50 just do it.... your family will love for it

And it's way more fun than listening to Schiff doing impeachment crap.

I got the T-shirt for that last year. They found one small benign polyp starting and removed it. Since it was benign I get a repeat trip in four more years from now.

My surgeon was a female, and all of the operation theater staff were also female.... I told them just before I went under to be gentle with me as it was my first time, LMAO!

It's not the rectal exam that is the problem IMO, it is the prior 24hrs of pre work that unleashes hades
Since I am apparently allergic to Beer-battered Pollock, I'm thinking of heading in for one, as the prep is already done!

In 2015, I was awake through almost all of my last one. They had to go into the small intestine and take some biopsy samples. Kinda cool, really, since I knew what they were doing and why. Yes, it was positive for lymphoma and yes I am still here.

FYI DIY Harbor Freight inspection scopes 79.99 - 169.99 use a 20% off coupon found almost anywhere. Batteries not included. 36" wand and you may be able to check your tonsils too.

Make sure after your, ahem, throne prep agony, you get an early morning appointment for your scoping.

Why's that?

Last one I had, by the time they got to me it just after 12 noon.

By that time, (and I'd followed all the prep admonitions and requirements to the letter) my body started manufacturing...stuff and the snorkel couldn't see nuttin but obscuring clouds of....debris. Big waste of effort and time.

If you can't get a very early appointment, wait until you can or you'll be mightily disappointed.

Just buy a scope big enough to see Uranus.
Here's a DYI idea.....
And all levity aside, once you reach 50, you should go in for a colonoscopy. The prep is horrible but colon cancer is worse.
1_sealey-vs8230.jpg

Make sure after your, ahem, throne prep agony, you get an early morning appointment for your scoping.

Why's that?

Last one I had, by the time they got to me it just after 12 noon.

By that time, (and I'd followed all the prep admonitions and requirements to the letter) my body started manufacturing...stuff and the snorkel couldn't see nuttin but obscuring clouds of....debris. Big waste of effort and time.

If you can't get a very early appointment, wait until you can or you'll be mightily disappointed.
Well, they don't want to meet someone, or more accurately, some thing, coming their way. You know the old saying: "Everything's coming my way!"?

Not so good if you are performing the colonoscopy.

Interesting too, some doctors and insurance push colonoscopies, and some don't. With my previous real insurance, I got colonoscopies. Now that I've switched to Kaiser, not so much.
They just want you to mail a used toilet paper sample once a year.:confused:

Last Edited:
A PSA or FIT test might be in order if cancers are not running in your family, and if you have not had previous symptoms.

PSA only detects issues with the prostate.
Colonoscopy is for the, well, colon.
I have zero cancer history, yet they found a pre-cancerous polyp. Repeated in 5 years, no polyps. I'll drop trow again in 5 years. Small price to pay.
It's nice to know..

Now that I've switched to kaiser, not so much.

They still have a protocol for this, I think risk assessment has something to do with frequency/type of evaluation. We had Group Health here before Kaiser Wash. bought them out a few years ago. Nothing with regard to that schedule seems to have changed. I'm on the five year colonoscopy schedule. My wife does what she calls, "the poop test." They keep notes on my records that indicate when the exam is due.

What's the deal with anesthesia for colonoscopy? I've had the procedure several times, as I recall I've always been completely aware during it. The very first time I had this back in the 1970's was memorable. The instruments used have changed. At that time, I got a glance at the probe and it appeared to be about the diameter of a garden hose. It had a compressed air feature to dilate the colon so a good image could be gotten. Okay, they get me in "the little room," and I'm on my hands and knees with my Heinie raised up. The probe was just in and they were filling my bowel with air. Every so often, this air build-up would release itself in a big blast of clear flatulence. So about the time they start to get down to real business, the doctor says, "Oh, Mr. Merkt, you wouldn't mind having visiting student nurses look in on the procedure, would you?" Without waiting for any response from me, the doctor turns and says, "Okay girls, come on it." About five or six young women, maybe aged 17 to early 20's troop in. They were already tittering and giggling a bit, but when the next big blast of wind phart blew out, they really laughed. Although I couldn't see their faces nor they mine, it was somewhat humiliating. Not very professional, I would say, compared to subsequent similar procedures that I've had.

FYI DIY Harbor Freight inspection scopes 79.99 - 169.99 use a 20% off coupon found almost anywhere. Batteries not included. 36" wand and you may be able to check your tonsils too.
Probably a guy under the Burnside bridge will do the work for a couple bottles of MD 20/20...."Oh, you though I said I was an MD....nooo, I said I prefer MD"...lol

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews