JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For gun control politics, is it all about the money?

The Huffington Post reported late yesterday that the gun control group led by former Congresswoman Gabrielle "Gabby" Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly – both of whom came to Washington last week to testify for a gun control measure – "raised more money through its super PAC than any other super PAC in the country" for the second quarter in a row.

<broken link removed>

Interesting. One day before the hearing, were one of gun-control's celebrity lobbyists is showing up, no news at all (unlike the hearings in Washington). I wonder if they are concerned about drawing too much attention to the hearing now? A lot of people in the public don't even know the legislation is in session!

At last nights gun club meeting it was confirmed that the spaceman will be testifying in Salem on Thursday morning the hearing starts at 8am. SO be early and help pack the room. This is directly from the NRA-ILA rep.

At last nights gun club meeting it was confirmed that the spaceman will be testifying in Salem on Thursday morning the hearing starts at 8am. SO be early and help pack the room. This is directly from the NRA-ILA rep.

Please provide the details. Sounds like something TheGun Mag.com and Exam ought to write about.

House or Senate?
Which committee?
What bill?

UPDATED POST HEARING:

Kelly brings gun control road show to Oregon

Nine days after appearing before the Washington state House Judiciary Committee to push for so-called "universal background checks," former astronaut Mark Kelly &#8211; husband of former Congresswoman Gabrielle "Gabby" Giffords &#8211; will be in Salem, Ore., today to support similar legislation in the Beaver State.

<broken link removed>

Will Sen. P. be receiving $$$ into his re-election coffers, in exchange for an out-of-state
lobbyist getting center stage at the hearing (instead of Oregon citizens speaking)?

Only time will tell.

Kelly isn't an Oregonian, isn't a firearms expert, in the last year has lied twice on 4473s and yet is testifying against guns...money and fame are all that's important.

I think WAA ( Women Against Abuse.Org) should chime in on Kelly's behavior in regards to using his wife like a human meat puppet. Last time I checked, taking advantage of the mentally challenged and using them for your own selfish gain was crime.....

I think WAA ( Women Against Abuse.Org) should chime in on Kelly's behavior in regards to using his wife like a human meat puppet. Last time I checked, taking advantage of the mentally challenged and using them for your own selfish gain was crime.....

you know, i was thinking along those lines last night. i mean, everything i've read and heard has mentioned that gifford's will never fully recover--that she's "different." then i read about how she has difficulty with speech, and not just speaking but with forming coherent sentences. apparently, when treating those who survive a gunshot wound to the head, doctor's and recovery therapists agree that there usually is cognitive decline--if not disability, "feeble-mindedness" to a degree. of course, this is purely speculative, as the only one who can truly assess gifford's cognitive ability (coherence; self-awareness) is gifford. however, there is enough medical and observational evidence to introduce the claim that gifford's is disabled, and is now being exploited by her "guardian." ergo, maybe somebody in AZ needs to file court papers so that gifford's well-being can be formally assessed.

you know, i was thinking along those lines last night. i mean, everything i've read and heard has mentioned that gifford's will never fully recover--that she's "different." then i read about how she has difficulty with speech, and not just speaking but with forming coherent sentences. apparently, when treating those who survive a gunshot wound to the head, doctor's and recovery therapists agree that there usually is cognitive decline--if not disability, "feeble-mindedness" to a degree. of course, this is purely speculative, as the only one who can truly assess gifford's cognitive ability (coherence; self-awareness) is gifford. however, there is enough medical and observational evidence to introduce the claim that gifford's is disabled, and is now being exploited by her "guardian." ergo, maybe somebody in AZ needs to file court papers so that gifford's well-being can be formally assessed.

Makes no difference they have no business in Oregon's affairs infringing on the Constitution is unforgivable ! No symphathy here !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top