JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I doubt any gun control legislature will be signed into law so close to an election year.
Nothing passed in the House will make it through the Senate. Nothing will come to the floor of the Senate in terms of "sensible gun control" or whatever they're calling it now—so in this instance, gridlock is good.

I think Trump has figured out by now that EVERYTHING Chuck and Nancy are willing to work with him on are only things they think will hurt his chances of re-election. That being said, If I were Mitch, I would put a rider ban on late term abortion (3rd trimester) on any gun control measure, its only common sense, think of how many innocent lives would be saved. So that way when the bill doesn't make it to the presidents desk, he can blame Chuck and Nancy for not being willing to "compromise" Or another compromise would be to say, OK, I will sign a law for universal background checks, with red flag language, but it has to include a rider prohibiting any further federal gun control laws for at least 50 years.

I think Trump has figured out by now that EVERYTHING Chuck and Nancy are willing to work with him on are only things they think will hurt his chances of re-election. That being said, If I were Mitch, I would put a rider ban on late term abortion (3rd trimester) on any gun control measure, its only common sense, think of how many innocent lives would be saved. So that way when the bill doesn't make it to the presidents desk, he can blame Chuck and Nancy for not being willing to "compromise" Or another compromise would be to say, OK, I will sign a law for universal background checks, with red flag language, but it has to include a rider prohibiting any further federal gun control laws for at least 50 years.

That's unacceptable.

^^^^^ this is politics, if you try to attack them directly especially with logic, you will lose.
The logic that my rights aren't negotiable and no one has the right to negotiate anyone's rights away for any reason? You've accepted and embraced erosion in an attempt to prolong the inevitable- so it's more palatable when they come door to door to pick up your guns. You can't fight the illogical with logic. Did we all forget why we have guns to begin with?

The logic that my rights aren't negotiable and no one has the right to negotiate anyone's rights away for any reason? You've accepted and embraced erosion in an attempt to prolong the inevitable- so it's more palatable when they come door to door to pick up your guns. You can't fight the illogical with logic. Did we all forget why we have guns to begin with?

Your view is idealistic, mine is realistic. Ideally I agree with you 100%. but realistically, the last time around Hillary got more than half the popular vote, the Dems currently control the house; and the senate and the White House could be lost in the next election. A lot is at stake, Trump needs to win, and appoint at least another two supreme court justices. I could care less if no new laws are passed, we already have too many.

Democratic voters hold their views and make their choices based on emotion, so call it a "innocents protection bill" write it up as bill to save lives by banning assault weapons and late term abortion, let Chuck and Nancy oppose it, Trump can say he would have signed it but it never got to his desk, then lets move on.

Your view is idealistic, mine is realistic. Ideally I agree with you 100%. but realistically, the last time around Hillary got more than half the popular vote, the Dems currently control the house; and the senate and the White House could be lost in the next election. A lot is at stake, Trump needs to win, and appoint at least another two supreme court justices. I could care less if no new laws are passed, we already have too many.

Democratic voters hold their views and make their choices based on emotion, so call it a "innocents protection bill" write it up as bill to save lives by banning assault weapons and late term abortion, let Chuck and Nancy oppose it, Trump can say he would have signed it but it never got to his desk, then lets move on.
8-D inter-dimensional back gammons eh? Naw man, your logic is why they chip away our rights- because you let them.

8-D inter-dimensional back gammons eh? Naw man, your logic is why they chip away our rights- because you let them.

So have you ever paid Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax, payroll tax, sales tax or property taxes? Do you drive without a license, carry without a CHL? Ever get a fishing license, hunting license, marriage license? Your rights have already been chipped away at before you or I were ever born. Basically the only guaranteed thing in life is to pay taxes and death.

So have you ever paid Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax, payroll tax, sales tax or property taxes? Do you drive without a license, carry without a CHL? Ever get a fishing license, hunting license, marriage license? Your rights have already been chipped away at before you or I were ever born. Basically the only guaranteed thing in life is to pay taxes and death.

Defeatism.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads