JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meanwhile, across the Pacific.

1565159034351.png
1565159070369.png
1565159146301.png
1565159317507.png
1565159217815.png

Never going to happen. That would be the start of a civil war.
Remember what Jefferson said about the Tree of Liberty!

Im becoming more and more skeptical of what will and will not start a civil war... the handful of people who truly give a bubblegum about gun rights arent going to do anything and wouldnt have any effect if they did

Our society is to weak and pampered to sustain any sort of conflict beyond the social media fights and few street protests we see already. No one is ready for hard times, no one is ready to watch their friends and family die... no one is willing to give up even the smallest amount of comfort to effect ANY sort of long term gain... Many of these traits our society exudes these days are probably responsible for the mentalities of these mass shooters.

The squeaky wheels will get their grease and we will all have to suffer for it. Anyone who stands up to it will be dealt with swiftly and publicly. Others will take note and think, "well, at least I still have ___________" and they will move on. Of course the progressives must have progress, so it will be something more after that... but in the end it will all be too late and we will end up powerless in our own country.

Give an inch and they'll take a mile.... but weve given up a couple of feet already, so we all know where this is headed... only a matter of time. Trump is about as good as it gets from the GOP right now and I have serious doubts about his commitment to the Bill of Rights.

Maybe Im just a pessimist?

"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -John Philpot Curran

A repeal is something I don't think we have to worry about. The process takes a long time, is too hard to do and mostly improbable/infeasible - not to mention that, from what I understand, it would probably involve a Constitutional Convention where they could do more than just repeal the 2nd, they could change pretty much anything they want, in which case the rest of the BOR would at peril, not to mention the whole Constitution.

It is a lot easier to just keep chipping away at it. With the courts (and most people, including most gun owners) not understanding what the 2nd is really about (hint: it isn't about guns), much less the history behind it, and courts willing to just go with precedent (bad or good) legislatures and people's initiatives can keep making laws that are unconstitutional with little worry that they will get struck down in court.

Why are gun owners so predictable?
We refer to those who support gun control in any number of derogatory terms, such as sheep, etc...
And yet?
The politicians and MSM blow their dog whistles and do nothing more than "say" things, and...
All the 2A folks start blowing their head gaskets and dragging out the same old MOLON LABE!! and Lets Just
Do This! type rhetoric
One of our members here (Andy) told everyone about his experiences and warned us..."You don't want that to happen"
So for those non-Tier-1 operators, go play a round of paintball or airsoft and find out how fast you are going to die...
One of our members has already suggested a good alternative. Pray about it...pray for peace
The rules here say I am not supposed to say things like, we are reaping the results of turning our back on God and watching the effects of His blessings being removed...rules say I can't say that stuff. Can't say things like, "Our struggle is not (really) against flesh and blood (each other) but, rather our struggle is again the invisible powers and principalities in the heavenly realms"...can't say that.
We are being played alright...just not by who we all might think it is.
Feel free to ignore, be triggered, or report my hurtful and insensitive final comments.

Amend it.. I don't think so. I'd find it rather hard to believe there would ever be enough support to make it happen. But given the education? of todays' youth, I suppose it could happen....

Dan

Article V, U.S. Constitution
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

Although the info below is true, it's just meant as an illustration of just how far "stupid" can go. Don't get up in arms over it. No pun intended... :rolleyes:

Today, I announced my support for restricting military style weapon sales, magazine limits, and red flag legislation. Read my full statement here

Don't forget, 'military style weapon' includes the following: I'll forego the dedicated FFL licensed ones like tanks, heavy weapons etc. List may/may not be 100% correct but you get the idea of WHERE these type of cockamamy ideas could lead to. Just like the chipping away of our constitutional rights!

Sidearms
Rifles
Sniper rifles
Shotguns (Commonly used by the Marines in the Pacific theater, limited use in Europe)
Flamethrowers
Edged weapons
Bayonets
Aircraft

I think we all agree that repealing the 2A is far-fetched at this point in time. Something we need to be aware of, but not an immediate concern.

This was pulled from the article and I had to read it twice:

"Markey, for his part, has repeatedly introduced a bill to incentivise other states to adopt gun laws more like the stricter licensing standards in Massachusetts"
(Emphasis added)

What in the world is that about? Has anybody ever heard of this? Know any details? What kind of "incentives" is he offering? Federal dollars? Is it even legal?

I'll do some digging later, just wondering if this is well-known or something that's been kept a secret.

The 2A doesn't give anyone the right to commit a crime. Lazy court systems and politicians are too worried about elections than doing their job.

Defending rights, not removing them. In most cases, the system had ample opportunity to remove the threat before hand. The PC culture they push stopped it. They blame the gun to take the finger pointing away from themselves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top