JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I was raised in Pomona CA, which is not far from Anaheim, and then lived in Huntington Beach right next door to DL, so I've been there a lot. It was fun back in the day.
I lived in Cucamonga through Junior High and High School in the '60s. I used to hitchhike to Disneyland a couple times a month during the spring and summer. After retiring from the Navy I have only been one time back in 1993. Now I haven't been able to take my Daughter because it is unaffordable.

I lived in Cucamonga through Junior High and High School in the '60s. I used to hitchhike to Disneyland a couple times a month during the spring and summer. After retiring from the Navy I have only been one time back in 1993. Now I haven't been able to take my Daughter because it is unaffordable.

Are you still in Cucamonga? ... Last time I was in that area, it had changed so much!!!

Bummer about not being able to take your Daughter. I think Disney could still be a good experience despite the long lines posted about here... But the food prices... :eek: I wonder if they let people bring a lunch. Prolly not. IDK

The opportunities to harass Disneyland security with this are practically unlimited. I mean, why am I constantly being harassed by your dogs...dude, I think we're going to need to talk to your manager...

Then again, who in their right mind would want to go to Disneyland? I was there years ago and it was like walking around inside a commercial. Some places you pay for and enjoy...with D-land it was constantly being nickel-and-dimed.

Take your kids outside.

Are you still in Cucamonga? ... Last time I was in that area, it had changed so much!!! IDK

I left Cucamonga when I Joined the Navy, Last time I have been there was in 1994. I live In Ocean Park Wa now on the Lang beach Peninsula 3 blocks from the beach. Guess you can't keep a sailor away from the Ocean for ever.:s0071:

I left Cucamonga when I Joined the Navy, Last time I have been there was in 1994. I live In Ocean Park Wa now on the Lang beach Peninsula 3 blocks from the beach. Guess you can't keep a sailor away from the Ocean for ever.:s0071:

Oh, I'm still off kilter today, I should have noticed the location under your avatar. :oops:

I consider myself a sailor even tho it was "shallow water sailor" in the USCG. Also, I was a brown-shoe aviator. But I'm still a salty guy... would never have made it as a "gentleman". Now living in the mountains but still need to get to the water to recharge from time to time. I miss living in Brookings, but wife's family was here, mine is in Cali, so here we are!!

Because we lived there for several looong years, and having a never-ending, year-round, parade a Canadian relatives, exchange students, school events and employer "you'll have a Fun Day if it kills you dammit!"....;
I've probably been to Disneyland around 30 times over the years, plus; L.A.Zoo/Sea World/San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park/Six Flags/Universal Studios/California AdventureKnotts/Berry Farm/Legoland all too many times to ever remember. Not to mention Balboa Park Museums, Maritime Museum, Naval Ship tours, Kobey's Swapmeet, Mission Bay, Old Town, Olvera Street, Chinatown, and on, and on...etc...etc...

The only places I would care to go back to would be; Knotts (especially for the chicken dinners) and Kobey's (for the people watching), and maybe see the Star Of India and Midway Museums again.

Last Edited:
Oh, I'm still off kilter today, I should have noticed the location under your avatar. :oops:

I consider myself a sailor even tho it was "shallow water sailor" in the USCG. Also, I was a brown-shoe aviator. But I'm still a salty guy... would never have made it as a "gentleman". Now living in the mountains but still need to get to the water to recharge from time to time. I miss living in Brookings, but wife's family was here, mine is in Cali, so here we are!!

I was a Brownshoe myself,Combat Sar Aircrew SH-2F Helicopters, Anti Submarine Operator and Aviation Electrician 21 years with 16 years Sea Duty. I hated Shore Duty, it was so boring.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top