JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First time I went was in 5th grade. It was spectacular. It even rained while we were there which was perfect because all theCalifornians left and lines were nonexistent.

Last time I went while I was in California for a wedding 8 years ago the place was so full of trashy people it ruined whatever positives experience could have been had that day, it felt more like the Puyallup fair than the magical place of Disneyland.

Combine that with being in such a policed state, I really have no desire to ever return.

Silverwood in Idaho is a fun trip, much more affordable, you can get a hotel 20 minutes away and tickets and food and be under $400 and I can carry all day in Idaho. They have the same rules about no guns in the park, do I like it, no, but would I be able to carry while in the water park anyway, not really, so it's a moot point.

I understand from their perspective though, 1 idiot having 1 ND could ruin it for millions of people. Plus, going on rollercoasters that out you upside down just aren't places you generally want to have to worry about your holster retaining your pistol.

About ten years ago I went to Disneyland. About ten yards into the park I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to see a man holding a badge with Mickey's Face (which in retrospect was hilarious but the man's demeanor was not in a joking mood). He mentioned that I was carrying a pocket knife (as I always do, didn't think about it before going to the park) and that I would need to go secure it in my car.

Disneyland is essentially a small city under 100% surveillance. When you're in the park you are always being watched. Because security is so strict the crime rate is almost non existent.

So when I'm at Disneyland I'm okay not having a firearm or knife, because the odds are one in a billion that anything will happen to me or my family....

I visit Disneyland to ride Splash Mountain, but I would never want to live in a police state.

A Fun Fact: Disneyland has a large population of feral cats that help control the rodent population. I guess there can only be one Mickey Mouse.
How did he know you had a pocket knife? Was it visibly clipped on your belt or pocket?

I've carried in a number of places where I wasn't supposed to but I kept my Sidearm concealed.

now if they had been using a Dog it would have been a VERY different story.

I'm no longer carrying because of the many health problems I have but maybe someday!:):):)

I've been to Disneyland 5 times and Disneyworld twice and probably won't go again for a number of reasons: the price of admission, the cost to get there and stay there and crowd size.

Well, I was raised in Pomona CA, which is not far from Anaheim, and then lived in Huntington Beach right next door to DL, so I've been there a lot. It was fun back in the day. When I was 5, the Jungle Boat Ride was a thrill that stayed with me for years. Went there as a teen for summer outing with Baptist kids from my friend's church and saw the original Kenny Rogers/First Edition. Took my second wife to DW for her first ever visit to a recreation theme park and shared her glee with Country Bear Jamboree, and screaming/laughing insanely during the Space Mountain indoor roller coaster in the dark. We went to Kennedy Space Center, that was VERY COOL! But I wish we had bought tickets for Epcot as I hear one can spend days there and remain interested. What's also near DW? Sea World Florida? Nope. Free Willy!!!

My SIL is a hot shot realtor in Las Vegas and takes her entire family, including grandkids, to DL every few weeks... no wonder my oldest Bro never has any $$ to buy more guns!!

Yeah, good memories but besides the cost, I don't do crowds, nor Calif, nor big cities anymore.

Last Edited:
I went to Disneyland in 1988 when I got out of boot camp in 1988. I remember it was $28 to get in and I thought that was ridiculous. Hour or more lines and outrageous food costs.

Will never go again.

Guy at work went to Disneyworld in Florida and said it was awful. $120 per ticket and $50 nachos plus two hours for popular rides.

No idea why people still go there. Sounds like my worst nightmare.

Ditto this! But in Fullerton for me!

In squeaky high voice: "It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all."

I came close to attending college at Fullerton campus. I think it was veterinary med, not sure. Looked at UC Davis too (what a S show that is now). I was already working full time with AT&T/Western Electric and got used to making a living instead of spending high bucks to go to college. Oh well. I had a pre-med scholarship to Pomona Men's College too. Sigh.

e33abc6d9f0b33985c175c3ec49682d3.jpg

FYI...

And let me guess the guy with the dog had a gun.
Or if he didn't you should have asked him .where is you gun or back up.Lol
Ok for us not for you .
Good luck surviving your day at our death trap.

The last time we went, the wife and I took our 5th wheel down and stayed at an RV park in Anaheim just around the corner from Disney. Picked up the grandson, son and his fiancé and youngest son at Orange and we all stayed in the trailer. Had most of our meals at the RV to cut costs and only splurged on the Blue Bayou restaurant in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top