JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
One thing that I think is getting overlooked in all this :s0049: and :s0081: is that at least when it comes to this Florida Man story is that (at least so far) there really isn't anything to cover! I've been looking and even from the local source the story is about 4 lines long. Hard to make a riveting story out of that and can't say I can blame the national news for not sending a reporter to follow up on a story that the locals can't be bothered with.
I agree that the lack of sensationalism plays a big part in this subject but i also never see the (liberal) media cover these kinds of DGUs from even a statistical perspective.

CNN says he was legally carrying:

I can't find any story mentioning Green Zone or illegal carry. Got a link?
The bastion of intellectualism that is The View mentioned it when they were talking about it.

I agree that the lack of sensationalism plays a big part in this subject but i also never see the (liberal) media cover these kinds of DGUs from even a statistical perspective.
That is definitely evidence of bias, but to be fair Fox doesn't even roll out the stats on the rare occasion they do cover a DGU.

For them to cover it, someone has to be out there talking about them. Do your GOP reps do so?

0713cc46d9742c89bb9e4588a01a117f_1024x1024@2x.jpg

OFFS

"Pro gun people like yourself refuse to accept......." pretty much separates you from "pro gun people".

I have better things to do than keep playing these silly little games.
No, it separates him from people who are pro-gun and have certain other behavioral proclivities which he does not share.

There are people who ride bikes and prefer coffee, and people who ride bikes who prefer tea. They both ride bikes.

The kind of black-or-white-ism you reference does not help the gun community, it makes it monolithic and utterly unapproachable.

No, it separates him from people who are pro-gun and have certain other behavioral proclivities which he does not share.

There are people who ride bikes and prefer coffee, and people who ride bikes who prefer tea. They both ride bikes.

The kind of black-or-white-ism you reference does not help the gun community, it makes it monolithic and utterly unapproachable.
If only he had used the correct commas :rolleyes:

Instead of this:
Pro gun people like yourself refuse to accept..

We would have had this:
Pro gun people, like yourself, refuse to accept..

That analogy seems pretty black and white...

Kinda like how there are "pro gun" people that really want "common sense" gun laws. Because, after all, people are dying.

I'm perfectly fine with my black and white approach. Shall Not Be Infringed leaves little to argue. But I'm sure I'll get an earful.

It's ok, no need to educate me further. My mind won't change so it's a waste of energy.

That analogy is flawed. Owning and riding a bike has no ideological expectation for you to prefer either coffee OR tea.

Another way to look at that, along the same lines as your analogy, would be much like owning a katana doesn't make you a samurai or mean you follow the bushido code.

Simply because you own a firearm does not make you "pro-gun" or "pro-2A" in ideology or practice. Those are also 2 different things. You can own a gun (what's good for me), be pro-gun (what's reasonably good for some), but not necessarily pro-2A (what's good for all without qualification). On the flip side, you may be "pro-gun", "pro-2A", or both, but it's not a requirement that you actually own a personal firearm. They are not mutually exclusive.

I won't put words in @Kruel J 's mouth, but I believe that was what he was inferring in that post.

The problem with the black and white "shall not infringe" approach is, its clearly not working. The antis don't care about how the 2A is interpreted. Theres definitely a paradigm shift taking place in pro gun ideology if it wants to keep its freedom and right to own, and carry arms.
I dont know what it is but I sense its coming to a head.

Sorry, not buying that. You're still trying to paint someone in a certain light based on invalid criteria.

Maybe consider resigning as moderator if you don't feel you can get over that.
Maybe consider leaving NWFA and taking your crew with you.

See? I can play that game too. Guess who will win?

The problem with the black and white "shall not infringe" approach is, its clearly not working. The antis don't care about how the 2A is interpreted. Theres definitely a paradigm shift taking place in pro gun ideology if it wants to keep its freedom and right to own, and carry arms.
I dont know what it is but I sense its coming to a head.
Yes, I agree, but that is not the black and white that I, at least, am talking about.

Shall not be infringed is absolute. That IS black and white.

Jumping on someone because they don't put a comma in the right place, or because they produce a more nuanced argument than perhaps is the norm, is something entirely different. It is divisive and ultimately harmful to those of us who would like to keep our guns.

Sorry, not buying that. You're still trying to paint someone in a certain light based on invalid criteria.
I know a few people who adamantly claim to be pro gun and have supported all "common sense" gun control laws, including wanting more. eg. They are fine with making it a feat of God to own an AR15.... they feel as long as there is a remote possibility its still a right.
So how would or should I paint them as?

I know a few people who adamantly claim to be pro gun and have supported all "common sense" gun control laws, including wanting more. eg. They are fine with making it a feat of God to own an AR15.... they feel as long as there is a remote possibility its still a right.
So how would or should I paint them as?
I've met quite a few myself. Pro-gun, but "nobody needs 30 rounds or a weapon of war to shoot a deer".

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR