JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Some of the media, like the largest national news network, Fox, is biased against gun control. Neither Fox nor its opposites run boring SD stories. Nor do any of them run boring gun crime stories.
True.
I get ahead of myself sometimes, when i refer to the media here i mean the liberal media sources.

I just get really worn out when people or organizations say they are pro-gun then express themselves in the complete opposite. It's very transparent.

I suspect its the impression left from playin apologetics for the (liberal) media not publishing DGUs that averted a "mass shooting".....
Correct. Post 121 and similar ideas. People and organizations playing both sides.

I suspect its the impression left from playin apologetics for the (liberal) media not publishing DGUs that averted a "mass shooting".....
When did anyone apologize for the media?
I just get really worn out when people or organizations say they are pro-gun then express themselves in the complete opposite. It's very transparent.
Maybe it seems that way to you because have already decided what the answer to the problem is?

If you can read, why ask me if I'm pro gun?
OFFS
To be fair, pro gun people like yourself refuse to accept anti-gun studies on their bias.

Yes, people who decide to go into the social sciences are liberal, and may not even see their bias when they are designing a study. That's why peer review is important - but all their peers are also not pro gun. That's the problem with the conservative ethos.
"Pro gun people like yourself refuse to accept......." pretty much separates you from "pro gun people".

I have better things to do than keep playing these silly little games.

I haven't seen any of that in this thread.
For me, among a number of issues, the most blaring is someone promoting the idea that the "good guy" was no good guy and aruging that he fired prematurely without sufficient cause... since the would be gunman had not actually shot at anyone yet.

Pro-gun is pro-active. Not waiting around for bodies to hit the floor before it's decided there is sufficient cause to exert lethal force.

But that's just me.;)

For me, among a number of issues, the most blaring is someone promoting the idea that the "good guy" was no good guy and aruging that he fired prematurely without sufficient cause... since the would be gunman had not actually shot at anyone yet.

Pro-gun is pro-active. Not waiting around for bodies to hit the floor before it's decided there is sufficient cause to exert lethal force.

But that's just me.;)
No one's suggested the the good guy should have waited, just suggested that because he didn't wait the body count wasn't high enough to rise to newsworthy.

OFFS

"Pro gun people like yourself refuse to accept......." pretty much separates you from "pro gun people".

I have better things to do than keep playing these silly little games.
I read that as "pro-gun people like yourself" as in people who are pro gun who are like (Koda), and you can (and if your ideal is to be unbiased, should) still callout bias when it is used to dismiss evidence used against a group you belong to.

I read that as "pro-gun people like yourself" as in people who are pro gun who are like (Koda), and you can (and if your ideal is to be unbiased, should) still callout bias when it is used to dismiss evidence used against a group you belong to.
Ive just never read the (leftist) media ever publisb something that remotely supported gun rights, so if my bias is getting in the way theres good reason. I do think they intentiinally omit DGU stories or the few that do get attention they downplay them and then switch back to gun control rhetoric.

I do think they intentiinally omit DGU stories or the few that do get attention they downplay them and then switch back to gun control rhetoric.
That can't be true! ;)

You mean like the first and multiple media outlets reporting that Young Master Dicken was illegally carrying a concealed firearm in a designated gun free zone at the time he put down the greenwood shooter? Posing the question, "how can he be called a hero?"

Why that might make you think the media has some kind of leftist bias is beyond me.

Is the sarcasm drippy enough? :s0140:

But that's just me.;)
But that isnt what I was saying. I was explaining why a news agency might or viewer might see the story in a different light than you would, and how that effects the choice to air the story as a positive.

One thing that I think is getting overlooked in all this :s0049: and :s0081: is that at least when it comes to this Florida Man story is that (at least so far) there really isn't anything to cover! I've been looking and even from the local source the story is about 4 lines long. Hard to make a riveting story out of that and can't say I can blame the national news for not sending a reporter to follow up on a story that the locals can't be bothered with.

That can't be true! ;)

You mean like the first and multiple media outlets reporting that Young Master Dicken was illegally carrying a concealed firearm in a designated gun free zone at the time he put down the greenwood shooter? Posing the question, "how can he be called a hero?"

Why that might make you think the media has some kind of leftist bias is beyond me.

Is the sarcasm drippy enough? :s0140:
CNN says he was legally carrying:

I can't find any story mentioning Green Zone or illegal carry. Got a link?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads