JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"According to the Illinois State Police, as of this week, about 15,100 of Illinois' 2.4 million Firearm Owners Identification card holders (less than 1%) had registered their weapons."

Failure to register is a Felony. I would not be willing to risk it by not registering when the Gov't already know what firearms I own. My AR's were purchased from an FFL. Even it yours were not, don't piss of your wife or girlfriend, as they could make a phone call and burn you will a felony charge.
THIS! This is how some are going to get in a bind. An amazing amount of guys take up with some woman who when they cheat on then and or dump them, they get vindictive. NO doubt in my mind some of them will brag to the girl how they are getting over and then dump them. So them woman will call and turn them in.

People have been non-compliant for over 30 years now. There haven't been any pick-offs.
What range has asked you if your gun is registered? Where and when did this happen? Have you ever heard of this happening?
Oh, it's coming soon? When?

I do not understand what you mean by a "COPE" but I wonder:
How do you know what other gun owners did or didn't do to fight these BS laws? But you're lumping everyone together. People comply or don't as they see fit for their circumstance and that includes people who are in the forefront of the fight for our rights as well as those who indeed did nothing.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. People worrying about the worst case scenario.

If people are that worried about gun confiscations and prison they should just sell off their guns while they still can.
Theres no way to know how many people over 30 years have been charged with non compliance. If people are worried about gun confiscations and prison for non compliance, then the worse case scenario already happened.

It feels good to hear Illinois and CT et al have a low compliance rate, but only cause were waiting to find out if they get in trouble before we do. Non compliance is a farse and does gun rights nothing but hurt the cause.

"According to the Illinois State Police, as of this week, about 15,100 of Illinois' 2.4 million Firearm Owners Identification card holders (less than 1%) had registered their weapons."

Failure to register is a Felony. I would not be willing to risk it by not registering when the Gov't already know what firearms I own. My AR's were purchased from an FFL. Even it yours were not, don't piss of your wife or girlfriend, as they could make a phone call and burn you will a felony charge.
i7rgqfejt3ac1.jpg

Theres no way to know how many people over 30 years have been charged with non compliance. If people are worried about gun confiscations and prison for non compliance, then the worse case scenario already happened.

It feels good to hear Illinois and CT et al have a low compliance rate, but only cause were waiting to find out if they get in trouble before we do. Non compliance is a farse and does gun rights nothing but hurt the cause.
You can be charged with anything. Convictions are what matters. Convictions are public record. Show me some.
How is non-compliance a farce? . Please explain how it hurts the cause.

You can be charged with anything. Convictions are what matters. Convictions are public record. Show me some.
How is non-compliance a farce? . Please explain how it hurts the cause.
I'm not the one claiming there hasn't been any pick-offs.

Its a farce when it isn't done all at once in mass defiance. Otherwise when someone gets caught they face the law on their own and nobody in the 2A community is going to care or bail them out.... hows that for taking one for the team. It hurts the cause because for every person that gets caught is fuel for showing how unlawful gun owners are so we need more gun control laws.
At the end of the day, if you cant lawfully use your gun then every gun owner has already lost the right.

I'm not the one claiming there hasn't been any pick-offs.

Its a farce when it isn't done all at once in mass defiance. Otherwise when someone gets caught they face the law on their own and nobody in the 2A community is going to care or bail them out.... hows that for taking one for the team. It hurts the cause because for every person that gets caught is fuel for showing how unlawful gun owners are so we need more gun control laws.
At the end of the day, if you cant lawfully use your gun then every gun owner has already lost the right.
Read my statement again. I'm the one claiming there haven't been any "pickoffs". If you think there were, Where are the convictions? If what you say is true, there will be convictions. Show me a conviction for non-compliance that isn't part of a drug or explosives or illegal gun sales bust. The conviction would be in the public records so it should be easy for you to find one. Show me a case where someone not involved in some other illegal activity got convicted or even charged with having an unregistered assault weapon. And while you're at it, please name any shooting range open to the public that even asks for proof of AW registration before allowing you to shoot your AR or AK etc. Who is it that can't use their rifles if they choose to?
The non- compliance that has been going on in California hasn't hurt Miller v Bonita or the other cases. The magazine ban and the assault weapon ban are ready to fall and if they go down in California, 1639, 1240 and the rest get tossed up here. So 23 years of non-compliance in the PRK hasn't hurt gun owners. Have laws been passed because of non-compliance? I'm not aware of any but, hey , I'm willing to learn. The only time I hear screaming for new gun laws is when another loony shoots up another school/church/shopping mall. I've yet to hear Chuck Schumer bleat out about how Joe Lunchpail having an unregistered FAL means we need new laws.

When I594 was passed, a whole bunch of brave Washington gun owners went to the capitol steps and openly carried their "Assault Weapons " and openly traded and sold each other rifles in direct defiance of that unconstitutional law and yet not one got arrested. That's because the law enforcement officers including the chief LEO for that county said as far as he was concerned those citizens were engaging in legal, constitutionally protected activities so he wasn't arresting anyone. This was a bold, open, public act of non-compliance. What law got changed as a result of that?

A couple years ago a letter was published signed by every Sheriff in Washington except King County saying they would not enforce unconstitutional laws.
Who is going to be arresting non-compliant Joe Lunchpail? Especially if they don't know who Mr. Lunchpail is or what he owns?

As to nobody coming to the aid of someone busted for non compliance, I think you're projecting. A lot of people, are donating to the defense of Wally of Gator's Custom Guns for his act of non-compliance to the unconstitutional magazine ban. Anyone who donates to Silent Majority Foundation, the SAF, the FPC, GOA et Al, or even the NRA, is pitching in to help people busted for non-compliance and to prevent other folk getting busted for that. If you aren't kicking in to help the fight, that's on you.

Bottom line: Whether you choose compliance or noncompliance, it's your personal choice. There are people who will put down those who choose compliance and say that compliance leads to more laws and ultimately confiscation. Just look at the threads on the pistol brace registration if you need proof. Now you're claiming that non-compliance leads to more laws.
This is just the confusion and divisiveness the anti-gunners love to see in our community.

Last Edited:
Read my statement again. I'm the one claiming there haven't been any "pickoffs". If you think there were, Where are the convictions? If what you say is true, there will be convictions. Show me a conviction for non-compliance that isn't part of a drug or explosives or illegal gun sales bust. The conviction would be in the public records so it should be easy for you to find one. Show me a case where someone not involved in some other illegal activity got convicted or even charged with having an unregistered assault weapon. And while you're at it, please name any shooting range open to the public that even asks for proof of AW registration before allowing you to shoot your AR or AK etc. Who is it that can't use their rifles if they choose to?
The non- compliance that has been going on in California hasn't hurt Miller v Bonita or the other cases. The magazine ban and the assault weapon ban are ready to fall and if they go down in California, 1639, 1240 and the rest get tossed up here. So 23 years of non-compliance in the PRK hasn't hurt gun owners. Have laws been passed because of non-compliance? I'm not aware of any but, hey , I'm willing to learn. The only time I hear screaming for new gun laws is when another loony shoots up another school/church/shopping mall. I've yet to hear Chuck Schumer bleat out about how Joe Lunchpail having an unregistered FAL means we need new laws.

When I594 was passed, a whole bunch of brave Washington gun owners went to the capitol steps and openly carried their "Assault Weapons " and openly traded and sold each other rifles in direct defiance of that unconstitutional law and yet not one got arrested. That's because the law enforcement officers including the chief LEO for that county said as far as he was concerned those citizens were engaging in legal, constitutionally protected activities so he wasn't arresting anyone. This was a bold, open, public act of non-compliance. What law got changed as a result of that?

A couple years ago a letter was published signed by every Sheriff in Washington except King County saying they would not enforce unconstitutional laws.
Who is going to be arresting non-compliant Joe Lunchpail? Especially if they don't know who Mr. Lunchpail is or what he owns?

As to nobody coming to the aid of someone busted for non compliance, I think you're projecting. A lot of people, are donating to the defense of Wally of Gator's Custom Guns for his act of non-compliance to the unconstitutional magazine ban. Anyone who donates to Silent Majority Foundation, the SAF, the FPC, GOA et Al, or even the NRA, is pitching in to help people busted for non-compliance and to prevent other folk getting busted for that. If you aren't kicking in to help the fight, that's on you.

Bottom line: Whether you choose compliance or noncompliance, it's your personal choice. There are people who will put down those who choose compliance. And that compliance leads to more laws and ultimately confiscation. Just look at the threads on the pistol brace registration if you need proof. Now you're claiming that non-compliance leads to more laws.
This is just the confusion and divisiveness the anti-gunners love to see in our community.
Let's hope all the FFLs, gun manufacturers and retailers choose non-compliance so we can start enjoying 2A freedom again.

Let's hope all the FFLs, gun manufacturers and retailers choose non-compliance so we can start enjoying 2A freedom again.
They're going to do what they think is best for them. How about instead we hope for (and donate to support) the successful conclusion of the court cases to overturn the AW and magazine bans as well as to halt the latest BS unconstitutional laws the libtards are working on.

The FFL's most likely NO. When you work in any field that they make you buy a license to operate that means they can at any time for any reason also just suspend that license. The people who grant the license do not have to convict you they just shut you down. After that you can hire lawyers to fight them but, you are still out of business until you take them to court and win. So if the FFL is your store? You would have to be willing to just shut the store down while you fight them if they yank the license. This sounds great to anyone who does not have to support the store. You want to "not comply" and have them toss you out of your home and shut off your bank account? Little bit different than just keeping some gun you are not supposed to have any more.

Non-compliance was working great until he had to defend himself.

Many seem to soon forget the anniversary of the guy who shot those punks on the Subway was "non compliant" also. He had been mugged, tried to get a permit to buy a gun, was told no. So he bought one anyway and carried it. All was fine until he had to use it.

Non-compliance was working great until he had to defend himself.

OK, you found one case where a guy shot a nut/druggie who he thought was armed, but wasn't. The question that bugs me is why did that guy carry the "illegal" gun if he had a registered gun? If he had shot the crazy with his registered gun, would they still have gone after him as hard? It is also interesting that while they went balls to the wall about the guns, they haven't charged this guy for the only crime he actually committed I.e shooting an unarmed man.
I am also disgusted by the judge doubling the bail requested and going on about too many shootings but not a word about the attempted robbery.

The guy is a hard luck case: wrong place, wrong time and the wrong gun.
But would he have been busted if he hadn't been involved in a shooting?

The FFL's most likely NO. When you work in any field that they make you buy a license to operate that means they can at any time for any reason also just suspend that license. The people who grant the license do not have to convict you they just shut you down. After that you can hire lawyers to fight them but, you are still out of business until you take them to court and win. So if the FFL is your store? You would have to be willing to just shut the store down while you fight them if they yank the license. This sounds great to anyone who does not have to support the store. You want to "not comply" and have them toss you out of your home and shut off your bank account? Little bit different than just keeping some gun you are not supposed to have any more.
Keeping a gun(s) you are not suppose to have could lead to a person's incarceration, loss of job, loss of access to legal firearms, etc. If they have a family that depends on them they should consider themselves in a similar position as an FFL.

OK, you found one case where a guy shot a nut/druggie who he thought was armed, but wasn't. The question that bugs me is why did that guy carry the "illegal" gun if he had a registered gun? If he had shot the crazy with his registered gun, would they still have gone after him as hard? It is also interesting that while they went balls to the wall about the guns, they haven't charged this guy for the only crime he actually committed I.e shooting an unarmed man.
I am also disgusted by the judge doubling the bail requested and going on about too many shootings but not a word about the attempted robbery.

The guy is a hard luck case: wrong place, wrong time and the wrong gun.
But would he have been busted if he hadn't been involved in a shooting?
Of course he would not. The point still the same. If they make some certain gun illegal, people can still keep it. They of course can't use it but they can keep it. Places where they will not even allow you to own a gun unless they grant you a license any gun is this case. This is how this works. Little by little they will just keep passing more laws as long as people do nothing. Those who do not comply they will not be coming to their door but, if the gun they have is not legal and they have to use it? They are now in trouble. :(

I am all for people not complying. It would be wise to consider all the scenarios where the non-compliance could be discovered and there are many. Then think about the risk/reward. Is hiding your homebuilt full auto machine gun that your afraid of taking to the range or showing to anyone, worth keeping.

What good is a hate speech filled t-shirt if you can't wear it to school. Sure you can hide it in your dresser drawer but what fun would that be.

Keeping a gun(s) you are not suppose to have could lead to a person's incarceration, loss of job, loss of access to legal firearms, etc. If they have a family that depends on them they should consider themselves in a similar position as an FFL.
Yep but, again we are talking keeping a gun you can't have as apposed to selling stuff you are not allowed to have. Keep a gun at home you can't have? You may go your entire life and no problem. Run a store and sell stuff they told you no more of? How long do you think it will take for them to come shut you down?
I have lived where we could not get a CC law for many years. I carried anyway. If I was "caught" I would have faced legal challenges. To me the risk was worth it. MANY jobs said NO guns. I carried anyway. If I was "caught" it would be the end of the job but, again to me the risk was worth it as the only way I would get "caught" was if I had to defend myself. I did not go to work and start selling guns there to show them I was not going to comply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top