JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep but, again we are talking keeping a gun you can't have as apposed to selling stuff you are not allowed to have. Keep a gun at home you can't have? You may go your entire life and no problem. Run a store and sell stuff they told you no more of? How long do you think it will take for them to come shut you down?
I have lived where we could not get a CC law for many years. I carried anyway. If I was "caught" I would have faced legal challenges. To me the risk was worth it. MANY jobs said NO guns. I carried anyway. If I was "caught" it would be the end of the job but, again to me the risk was worth it as the only way I would get "caught" was if I had to defend myself. I did not go to work and start selling guns there to show them I was not going to comply.
A big topic among the non-compliance crowd is selling firearms without involving an FFL. I joke about it with my BK photos but some seem to be more serious about it. Non-compliance covers a wide area in life.

I just learned I don't care for interdiction agents either.

A big topic among the non-compliance crowd is selling firearms without involving an FFL. I joke about it with my BK photos but some seem to be more serious about it. Non-compliance covers a wide area in life.
I have NO doubt many are still selling here in WA face to face. Many of them will probably never have any problem with it.To me? Its a no way in hell would I do it. Some gun I own I could sell for $400 face to face may only bring $250 if I sell it at a shop legally. So would the $150 be worth it to me? No. Adults of course make their own choices. They also have to live with those choices when things go wrong.

And some Amish avoid compliance.

Damn! I of course have almost no faith in anything I read any more but, if this is even close to half true? Kind of surprising it took them this long to come after him.

Even firefighters like to ditch compliance from time to time.

This line bothers me the most:
Oakes and his attorney say Oakes didn't know his collection of rifles, many of which he assembled himself at his home, were illegal under California's strict assault weapons laws.
He very well may have had zero idea what he was doing was going to get him in trouble which is sad. WAYYYY too many gun owners just pay zero attention to the gun laws that keep getting passed. If, always a big IF, this guy really had this stuff they claim he was really into guns. To be that into the sport, live in that state, and pay no attention to the laws going in??

The lesson I take away from all these stories, which are a drop in the bucket, is this. If you are going to refuse to comply with gun laws, you should comply with and or avoid the other 99.99% of laws, rules, or other activities that could bring you in contact with others (especially law enforcement).

The lesson I take away from all these stories, which are a drop in the bucket, is this. If you are going to refuse to comply with gun laws, you should comply with and or avoid the other 99.99% of laws, rules, or other activities that could bring you in contact with others (especially law enforcement).
But how else can the whole world know of my 6.5 Creedmoor?
And vegetarianism.

Of course he would not. The point still the same. If they make some certain gun illegal, people can still keep it. They of course can't use it but they can keep it. Places where they will not even allow you to own a gun unless they grant you a license any gun is this case. This is how this works. Little by little they will just keep passing more laws as long as people do nothing. Those who do not comply they will not be coming to their door but, if the gun they have is not legal and they have to use it? They are now in trouble. :(
Keeping a gun(s) you are not suppose to have could lead to a person's incarceration, loss of job, loss of access to legal firearms, etc. If they have a family that depends on them they should consider themselves in a similar position as an FFL.
They just need to understand that there are consequences for the choices they make. If a person finds themselves in a life or death situation and for whatever reason only have an unregistered or banned gun to us and fleeing is not an option, I would suggest they use the gun to save their lives and be glad they're still alive to deal with the consequences of their action. A crappy situation but it beats being dead.
I hate faulty headlights.

Then don't carry stolen weapons without making sure your car's in top condition. Consequences
And some Amish avoid compliance.

Don't illegally sell gun's to undercover ATF agents. Consequences.
These are cases of people making stupid decisions involving guns not quite representative of the vast majority of gun owners who don't think the government has a right to violate the Constitution they took an oath to uphold and hence, choose non compliance with said unconstitutional law(s).

Last Edited:
There has been more talk about not complying in some other threads and it made me think about Rosa Parks and her bus seat non-compliance. Do you think if she had practiced her bus seat non-compliance in her basement, that it would have had the impact it did?

Non-compliance may work if done publicly in mass. If the non-compliance is done in private, it's unlikely to help us out much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top