JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Shall not be infringed is absolute. That IS black and white.
I agree its "black and white" but the 2A ~is~ a pretty simple law. 1 sentence.
I dont know what the solution is to finding a balance that works between pro-gun people who simply want their freedom to defend themselves and not rely on the govt/police vs those who want their freedoms dependant on govt services. But the 2A itself is pretty black and white on the matter of arms.
How do we reconcile this without resorting to labeling people? Especially those that own guns and support more gun control?

I know a few people who adamantly claim to be pro gun and have supported all "common sense" gun control laws, including wanting more. eg. They are fine with making it a feat of God to own an AR15.... they feel as long as there is a remote possibility its still a right.
So how would or should I paint them as?
As weenies, obviously.

That is not at all what is going on here.

This shiz is pathological.

I dont know what the solution is to finding a balance that works between pro-gun people who simply want their freedom to defend themselves and not rely on the govt/police vs those who want their freedoms dependant on govt services. But the 2A itself is pretty black and white on the matter of arms.
How do we reconcile this without resorting to labeling people? Especially those that own guns and support more gun control?
I don't and will NEVER believe that people that are for more gun control care even one but about their rights. They will own a gun as long as .gov says it's ok. And they'll line up and turn them in the moment .gov says it's not.

That is not supporting the 2A, the Constitution as a whole or the United States of America.

That analogy is flawed. Owning and riding a bike has no ideological expectation for you to prefer either coffee OR tea.
Neither does owning a gun. But the thing that some of you can't seem to wrap your heads around is that there is more than one way to vehemently defend the Second Amendment.

I just happen to not be in the "do nothing, insist the ridiculous and lose rights" school of 2A support.

The last way we are going to reconcile that is by eating our own. And by destroying an opportunity to make a convert by bulldozing people before that opportunity presents itself. I've converted several people. I didn't do it by labeling them.

So we have a litmus test to be a member now? What happened to this?

Northwest Firearms welcomes all gun owners, meaning you will find a more diverse group here than on other firearm-related websites.

The last way we are going to reconcile that is by eating our own. And by destroying an opportunity to make a convert by bulldozing people before that opportunity presents itself. I've converted several people. I didn't do it by labeling them.
Did you see how they voted?

I don't and will NEVER believe that people that are for more gun control care even one but about their rights.
Did you support concealed carry laws when they were passing in every state? Or did you protest government licensing?

So Im fine with hearing other perspectives and wide open to adjusting my own views, but in the mean time we continually get our rights whittled away every single year. The B&W approach hasnt stopped it.... This year they are going full steam with Measure 114.

Neither does owning a gun. But the thing that some of you can't seem to wrap your heads around is that there is more than one way to vehemently defend the Second Amendment.
Im all ears and paying attention.

So we have a litmus test to be a member now? What happened to this?

Northwest Firearms welcomes all gun owners, meaning you will find a more diverse group here than on other firearm-related websites.
I don't see why it's difficult to understand the "litmus test" should be someone who does nothing to put anti-2A persons in positions of power, or supports legislation that limits the 2A rights of others. That's like being an animal rights activist that has a taste for the meat from an endangered species.

Why must there be a reconciliation? The 2A IS absolutely black and white, and the anti-gun folk are absolutely correct in that there will be no "compromise". They are free to choose not to exercise that right without infringing on others that choose to.

You don't see pro-2A folk out there trying to pass laws requiring every household to have a firearm, do you? Don't we have anti-discrimination laws? Freedom of speech and religion without persecution? etc etc... Just because one group of people does not agree with another does not give them the right to infringe on others.;)

I think that is where we start down a slippery slope when we buy into believing that we MUST compromise so everyone can be all kumbaya with each other. That's the great fallacy. What ever happened to, "you do you, I'll do me"? :s0155:

I don't see why it's difficult to understand the "litmus test" should be someone who does nothing to put anti-2A persons in positions of power, or supports legislation that limits the 2A rights of others. That's like being an animal rights activist that has a taste for the meat from an endangered species.
But that is not at all what is going on in this thread.

We have someone who realistically answers the question as to why the media does not cover defensive shootings as much as many of us would like, which is completely orthogonal to any position they might have on actual gun rights, who is being painted as "not in the tribe," because of it, which is just sad.

What is next? Will someone assert to (person) that "I bet you don't even really own a gun?"

This swirling vortex is destructive and little else.

Last Edited:
Who would you apply this to? Did someone post who they voted for? (Are you going to ban Trump voters because of the bump stock thing? :eek: )

Who would you apply this to? Did someone post who they voted for? (Are you going to ban Trump voters because of the bump stock thing? :eek: )
I'm not here to have pissing matches with individuals on this thread. I also know that one party doesn't have a monopoly on anti-gun legislation. We can look at Ronald Reagan, the great modern conservative, to see that much.

Remember, we aren't all nails.

My point was we don't have a litmus test, it's kind of spelled out right there in the rules. Should we? A question above my pay grade, but if you, or anyone else, think we should, ya'll know who to contact about a rewrite of the rules.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads