JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Illinois - Individuals who possessed assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and other devices listed in the Act before it took effect are required to submit an endorsement affidavit through their Firearm Owner's Identification Card account by JANUARY 1, 2024

Word on the street is less than one half of one percent of these firearms have been registered so far.

I would say that yes , mass non-compliance of dumbazz , PITA , useless firearm laws...
Is a thing that is alive and doing well.

With that said....
To paraphrase Leon Trotsky...
You may not interested in the law....but the law is interested in you.
As always there will be consequences for your actions.
It is always wise to weigh the risk versus the reward.
Andy

Breaking the law sounds great right up until the flashing lights show up and you get a shiny set of bracelets. As Andy said, weigh the risks and the rewards.

What is the worst outcome? Possibly felony conviction and loss of rights permanently, along with a stiff fine and hopefully a not as "stiff" cellmate

The reward? You get to keep a semi automatic rifle and some mags. And nobody got to tell you what to do.

Last Edited:
Speaking only for myself here.....
The reward is much more than owning or obtaining a firearm.
It is doing as I wish , with no harm to anyone.

And with that said...this is an open forum with lots of visitors.
Andy

Illinois - Individuals who possessed assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and other devices listed in the Act before it took effect are required to submit an endorsement affidavit through their Firearm Owner's Identification Card account by JANUARY 1, 2024

Word on the street is less than one half of one percent of these firearms have been registered so far.
What is really sad is that some owners have actually complied.

Breaking the law sounds great right up until the flashing lights show up and you get a shiny set of bracelets. As Andy said, weigh the risks and the rewards.

What is the worst outcome? Possibly felony conviction and loss of rights permanently, along with a stiff fine and hopefully a not as "stiff" cellmate

The reward? You get to keep a semi automatic rifle and some mags. And nobody got to tell you what to do.
I always find it interesting that people think the police will be involved in mass confiscation. Or the UN. At this point I think it will more likely be the IRS. The government already has enough info to identify many (most?) gun owners. A quick database check would show who on their list hasn't complied. I suspect people will start getting notices in the mail that they haven't complied. Further lack of compliance….well the IRS would find it easy enough to seize assets and freeze bank accounts. Anyone who resisted getting evicted from their seized property would likely end up shot or in prison, then painted as criminals and extremists. Sure, some gun owners re off the grid enough to fall through the cracks, but not many.

I absolutely do not agree with the laws and I'm not sure how I would respond in their place, but I do see it as a no-win situation.

I always find it interesting that people think the police will be involved in mass confiscation. Or the UN. At this point I think it will more likely be the IRS. The government already has enough info to identify many (most?) gun owners. A quick database check would show who on their list hasn't complied. I suspect people will start getting notices in the mail that they haven't complied. Further lack of compliance….well the IRS would find it easy enough to seize assets and freeze bank accounts. Anyone who resisted getting evicted from their seized property would likely end up shot or in prison, then painted as criminals and extremists. Sure, some gun owners re off the grid enough to fall through the cracks, but not many.

I absolutely do not agree with the laws and I'm not sure how I would respond in their place, but I do see it as a no-win situation.
I doubt this scenario will happen in the great state of Illinois 😆

There are hundreds of thousands of AR/semiautomatic rifles owners in Illinois and given how mismanaged that state is I can only assume the Illinois branches of the IRS are just as poorly managed. So for them to undertake such an ordeal as hunting down non complaint rifle owners just doesn't sound likely.

Now what I would wager that Illinois lawmakers will do is make examples out of the first several people that get arrested and then found to be in possession of non-compliant rifles. Old Uncle Jimbo gets busted for domestic violence and cops find his AR or Johnny gone shooting gets pulled over and cops find AR in the vehicle now these fellows will get the maximum thrown at them.

I doubt this scenario will happen in the great state of Illinois 😆

There are hundreds of thousands of AR/semiautomatic rifles owners in Illinois and given how mismanaged that state is I can only assume the Illinois branches of the IRS are just as poorly managed. So for them to undertake such an ordeal as hunting down non complaint rifle owners just doesn't sound likely.

Now what I would wager that Illinois lawmakers will do is make examples out of the first several people that get arrested and then found to be in possession of non-compliant rifles. Old Uncle Jimbo gets busted for domestic violence and cops find his AR or Johnny gone shooting gets pulled over and cops find AR in the vehicle now these fellows will get the maximum thrown at them.
That means they'll finally have that almighty STANDING to finally file more substantial lawsuits against this charade of "justice".

I think you intended to write, make you a felon if you get convicted...

Unless your thinking of how they do things in colorado. :rolleyes:
So if we pass a law and you get caught breaking it cause "non compliance civil disobedience", you will get convicted. Civil disobedience doesn't work individually one at a time. Civil disobedience only works when everyone stands up at the same time together and marches in protest.

Except in Colorado, you do not pass "go" you just go straight to jail.

F0c2NLEWYAolvUc.jpg

The gov will not be going door to door. They don't have too. Those who have one that is "no longer legal" can sit on them. Many may have it the rest of their life and nothing will happen but, what's the point? If they can't take it out to shoot, can't use it for defense? What exactly good is it? Unless they are going to sit on it in case there is totally break down?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top