JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After a lifetime of remodeling/rehabbing homes, doing rehab consultations, and home/pest inspections, my days of owner projects are over. It was a lot of fun along the way!!! But age tends to grow a full set of physical limitations. Enjoy it while you can. :D
Don't I know that. I hope I still have a decade left in me.

I go out to plink and camp year round. A little bad weather is good to test your gear and harden you up a little bit.
True - you may mentally toughen yourself sitting at a desk, but you have to put that into practice.

I'm planning to retire in a year and want to have enough reloaded so that I can move and if I don't get my press put back up right away I won't run out of 38 spl, 38 super, 45 auto, 45 colt, 6.5x55, and 45-70.
9mm, 40, and 30-30 I can buy cheap enough if I ran out.
I also need to smelt all my scrap lead into ingots to make it easier to move.
I have 3 bathrooms and the kitchen that need to be remodeled to get top dollar for this house. everything in it is 35 years old. [ think stuck in the 80's]

Between all that we want to make a couple of scouting trips to find a new place to live [ in a free state!].
So this should be a very busy year! DR

Going for moose & bear in Canada this year. Northern WA State was too much of a pumpkin patch last year so trying something different.
Well, it is still warm, but we're starting to see the change to Fall here. I thought I'd toss this out for discussion: any Autumn plans? Hunting excursions? Competitions? Gunsmithing projects to while away those rainy days?

Cheers. :)

Question, if you don't mind.... where would you consider a "free state"?

I'm planning to retire in a year and want to have enough reloaded so that I can move and if I don't get my press put back up right away I won't run out of 38 spl, 38 super, 45 auto, 45 colt, 6.5x55, and 45-70.
9mm, 40, and 30-30 I can buy cheap enough if I ran out.
I also need to smelt all my scrap lead into ingots to make it easier to move.
I have 3 bathrooms and the kitchen that need to be remodeled to get top dollar for this house. everything in it is 35 years old. [ think stuck in the 80's]

Between all that we want to make a couple of scouting trips to find a new place to live [ in a free state!].
So this should be a very busy year! DR

Well, it is still warm, but we're starting to see the change to Fall here. I thought I'd toss this out for discussion: any Autumn plans? Hunting excursions? Competitions? Gunsmithing projects to while away those rainy days?

Cheers. :)
Given a choice, I'd grab the H&R, a few boxes of shells and head for some farmer's field in eastern Washington (or possibly Black Canyon, out by Naches, which was good Chukar hunting at one time).
Alas, I have not owned a dog in many years and without a good nose to flush out the game, it just ain't worth it for Upland.
...thus...
My plans are still to try the shooting range out by Port Townsend. I just have to figure out when they're open. I swear everytime I'm out that way they're closed....maybe I have to make an appointment....hmmm....

Dean

I plan to get some ammo made this winter since my test loads have been shot & tabulated.
Might get a waterfowl license this year's, I miss the Swiss Cheese Duck recipe for Goose that I make during winter.....:D:D:D
I also plan to get after some winter steelhead if there are any left...:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

I got a draw for the Wallowa's for deer, but still no luck on a good Elk draw so I' go early, and spend 4 days to two weeks in pursuit of venison and whatever else I can legally pursue. I'm even bringing my fishing pole.

Elk has been unobtainable for me in the coast range recently, partially due to my increasing shortcomings. I'll still try though, but really, just getting out for a day or two which is never a bad thing for me.

I picked up a new chronograph, so every outing will now be productive, allowing me to sneer at the weather and lighting conditions that so troubled my old one in the unreliable coastal mountain skies. Also means I can now ramp up the loading and shooting sessions reviewing my creations.

After hunting season, I'll finish up soldering the end caps on a chunk of gutter to function as a hot tank so I can boil a couple of gun barrels and some other parts for Belgian Blue finish. Almost had it complete but we decided we better get to our trip before hunting season. So poked along for a month & over 6000 miles of road trip and camping out to see grand kids in Ohio and visit other relatives along the way back. Glad to have missed the 107 degree weather.

Picked these horns up along the Ohio River for next to nothing, they produce fond memories of past times.
horn.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads