Fall shooting plans?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CountryGent, Sep 12, 2017.

1. P7id10T

P7id10T
    West Slope
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Don't I know that. I hope I still have a decade left in me.

True - you may mentally toughen yourself sitting at a desk, but you have to put that into practice.

Joe13, Oathkeeper1775 and bbbass like this.
  2. dangerranger60

dangerranger60
    Coarsegold

I'm planning to retire in a year and want to have enough reloaded so that I can move and if I don't get my press put back up right away I won't run out of 38 spl, 38 super, 45 auto, 45 colt, 6.5x55, and 45-70.
    9mm, 40, and 30-30 I can buy cheap enough if I ran out.
    I also need to smelt all my scrap lead into ingots to make it easier to move.
    I have 3 bathrooms and the kitchen that need to be remodeled to get top dollar for this house. everything in it is 35 years old. [ think stuck in the 80's]

Between all that we want to make a couple of scouting trips to find a new place to live [ in a free state!].
    So this should be a very busy year! DR

bbbass, Caveman Jim, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  3. WaGuy52

WaGuy52 Member

Going for moose & bear in Canada this year. Northern WA State was too much of a pumpkin patch last year so trying something different.

bbbass, Caveman Jim, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  4. WaGuy52

WaGuy52 Member

Question, if you don't mind.... where would you consider a "free state"?

5. dangerranger60

dangerranger60
    Coarsegold

Anywhere is better than CA! And I don't see it getting better in my lifetime! AZ would be my first choice but the wife doesn't want to move that far away from the Grandkids. DR

bbbass likes this.
  6. DeanMk

DeanMk
    Poulsbo, Wa.

Given a choice, I'd grab the H&R, a few boxes of shells and head for some farmer's field in eastern Washington (or possibly Black Canyon, out by Naches, which was good Chukar hunting at one time).
    Alas, I have not owned a dog in many years and without a good nose to flush out the game, it just ain't worth it for Upland.
    ...thus...
    My plans are still to try the shooting range out by Port Townsend. I just have to figure out when they're open. I swear everytime I'm out that way they're closed....maybe I have to make an appointment....hmmm....

Dean

bbbass, Joe13 and Caveman Jim like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    West of Oly
    Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

I plan to get some ammo made this winter since my test loads have been shot & tabulated.
    Might get a waterfowl license this year's, I miss the Swiss Cheese Duck recipe for Goose that I make during winter.....:D:D:D
    I also plan to get after some winter steelhead if there are any left...:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

bbbass and SKrueger like this.
  8. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt
    NE Oregon

I have some free time and would love to go shooting in the old gravel pit, but I don't want to be THAT GUY who starts a grass fire so I am waiting until after it rains.

9. thorborg

thorborg
    portland oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I got a draw for the Wallowa’s for deer, but still no luck on a good Elk draw so I’ go early, and spend 4 days to two weeks in pursuit of venison and whatever else I can legally pursue. I’m even bringing my fishing pole.

Elk has been unobtainable for me in the coast range recently, partially due to my increasing shortcomings. I’ll still try though, but really, just getting out for a day or two which is never a bad thing for me.

I picked up a new chronograph, so every outing will now be productive, allowing me to sneer at the weather and lighting conditions that so troubled my old one in the unreliable coastal mountain skies. Also means I can now ramp up the loading and shooting sessions reviewing my creations.

After hunting season, I’ll finish up soldering the end caps on a chunk of gutter to function as a hot tank so I can boil a couple of gun barrels and some other parts for Belgian Blue finish. Almost had it complete but we decided we better get to our trip before hunting season. So poked along for a month & over 6000 miles of road trip and camping out to see grand kids in Ohio and visit other relatives along the way back. Glad to have missed the 107 degree weather.

Picked these horns up along the Ohio River for next to nothing, they produce fond memories of past times.
    horn.jpg

AndyinEverson and SKrueger like this.