JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This one hits close to home

Lots of friends in the climbing community that partake in the Craggin Classic that this perpetrator had allegedly targeted

Shudder to think of such an incident going down thankful to law enforcement and the folks who called in the tips

Guns were taken from him due to an ERPO. Sounds like red flag laws did what red flag laws do...
Meh... that was just virtue signaling the party rhetoric BS. There are already laws on the books authorizing them to seize the firearms involved during the commission of a crime. He was arrested and charged... which has nothing to do with pre-emptive "may be a danger to himself or others" red flag laws.... where due process does not exist.

I'll note there seem to be a lot of thought crimes getting people arrested for possessing guns. That guy who happened to have a rifle and handgun in a hotel room and this guy who happened to have weapons in a van. Neither of them used these weapons and without further evidence, I see no crime committed. Now, if one of them said "I have a van/room full of weapons and I'm gonna shoot people with them" there might be a good case to be made. People are jumpy as heck... on both sides of the 2A.

Having been there and done that.

Well…..

"It's a tough call."

Especially considering…… what the News Media has seen fit to tell us (and what was probably/maybe intentionally left out).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
A divorce initiated by the ex wife with minor children involved, apparently. I would imagine the spousal/child support combo many men in such a situation endure was enough to push him over the edge. Too bad he couldn't just jump off the rock
I can see two likely scenarios. First, the ex-wife called the authorities. The other is the police monitored divorce data and crossed it with gun owners which his name popped up. The media report says he was generally angry. He just gotten a divorce last month, understandable. As for his guns, who says he wanted to burn some steam target shooting in open country?

The media would have reported a red flag was called in, 'see, red flag laws work'. There much more to this story that's not being reported.

Maybe he wanted to see dirt baggers taking dirt naps.

:s0135:

Not enough info here, so thought I'd leave dark sarcasm.
I went to join the Mazamas back in 2006, and found them to be a bunch of elitist dicks. (The women too.)

1697946080010.png
Every economic downturn I expect to see agreeved Middle Class workers take up arms.

I hope that means he is in jail.... :mad:
Even remotely gun related? Of course he is!!

I mean... he didn't rape a child, kidnap, kill someone while drunk driving... wasn't involved in a drive by shooting, didn't burn down a building, traffic fentanyl or commit any of the other myriad of catch and no bail release crimes.

Just sayin.... :s0155:

The article said:
Deschutes County District Attorney Steve Gunnels said investigators had recovered journal entries with Garner's belongings that indicated he was not planning to target specific people, but had a "generalized anger." Court charging documents list potential victims in the case as "spectator" and "belayer."

Gunnels, the Deschutes County prosecutor, said Central Oregon law enforcement became aware of Garner after Portland police received tips about the potential shooting.

"Police did a really good job. They were on it," Gunnels said. "Portland Police Bureau was on it and communicated that information to the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office."

Based on the information collected in the investigation so far, the prosecutor described the threat as serious.

"(Garner) was prepared for it," Gunnels said. "He had driven two-and-a-half, three hours to Deschutes County, where he apparently intended to carry out the attack. And he was armed for it."

The article also said:
Garner does not have a notable criminal history in Oregon, according to court records.
So far, the information is rather vague and mostly opinions. I'd like to see his actual written statements. If he was plotting something, put him away. But I just don't trust prosecutors these days. Some of them seem to be horribly biased.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews