JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it is still warm, but we're starting to see the change to Fall here. I thought I'd toss this out for discussion: any Autumn plans? Hunting excursions? Competitions? Gunsmithing projects to while away those rainy days?

Cheers. :)

I am really leaning towards getting a jig and some 80% lowers for a nice winter project.

Would like to go hunting this fall as well but time might be my issue there. If I can at least make it out for opening weekend of deer that would be cool and one weekend for elk I would be happy. :)

I am really leaning towards getting a jig and some 80% lowers for a nice winter project.

Would like to go hunting this fall as well but time might be my issue there. If I can at least make it out for opening weekend of deer that would be cool and one weekend for elk I would be happy. :)

I'll go without you if your only thinking of one weekend of elk:p.

I can only make the first weekend of deer for MFA as I have a convention that I'm a coordinator at.

Other then that I'm going for grouse, bear, elk, rabbits if I can find any.

Shooting at Clark Rifles all winter with heated shelters.

Work towards a bigger safe and where to put ito_O.

I'd really like to get hooked up with someone that know last how and where to find mushrooms - but that is always on the list unless it's hunting season.

I for one am welcoming the cooler wet weather this year.

I'll go without you if your only thinking of one weekend of elk:p.

I can only make the first weekend of deer for MFA as I have a convention that I'm a coordinator at.

Other then that I'm going for grouse, bear, elk, rabbits if I can find any.

Shooting at Clark Rifles all winter with heated shelters.

Work towards a bigger safe and where to put ito_O.

I'd really like to get hooked up with someone that know last how and where to find mushrooms - but that is always on the list unless it's hunting season.

I for one am welcoming the cooler wet weather this year.

Don't be an azz LOL!!! I would like to go as much as possible. Maybe I just need to send my wife on a trip! ;):D

Reloading, more reloading, and perhaps just a little more reloading... Because a man can never have enough reloads in the shelves...

While its fall and still relatively dry, I'll get back to regular weekly outings for shooting practice, taking along the wifey, cause she likes plinking with 22's (.22 and .223)... Been a while since I've rung the steel...

Perhaps find an ole 1911 in need of some tlc, do a rebuild over the winter... I've always wanted to do that...

But then things like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years get in the way, not to mention school activities and NFL games, fall festivals and treking around the woods...

Man, I need to retire to be able to do all the things I want to do...

Shooting at the range is always on my priority list. The company is great ( yes that's you Joe :p ) and nothing better than sending lead down range.

I would love to find a good spot and set up some steel to shoot. Love that sound for some reason. :)

Shooting at the range is always on my priority list. The company is great ( yes that's you Joe :p ) and nothing better than sending lead down range.

I would love to find a good spot and set up some steel to shoot. Love that sound for some reason. :)

Oh I got plenty of spots, just say when:D. Takes more then a few hours though - more like 7-2 to make it worth it

Ah, steel.... Clang.... Clang.... image.jpeg

The temps here will finally allow for a person to enjoy being outdoors. My shooting at home will shortly come to a halt because I don't want to spook the deer. I have one stand just out back of the yard at the edge of the timber and another at the other end of the property. The game laws here are unbelievable compared to up north. Should be no problem bagging one a day until my freezers are full. I have several pistol and rifle builds I am wanting to do over the winter, so that should keep me off the streets and outta the bars..

I thought I'd find a nice hurricane and get some practice in.

;)

Okay, okay, silliness aside, I am planning to hit the range more now that the weather is going to start cooling down. I don't have as much fun shooting when it's 90+ degrees outside. Love this coming time of the year.

Wanting to do competition shooting this year so i will start at some speed steel in sherwood. Was supposed to go this month but i took my wife white watee rafting for her birthday instead. Want to get more proficient with my glock and my ar also. Finally have a decent spot to work on some shooting up in the woods of clatskanie. Thinking about getting a membership at the gun club but am also cheap so i dont feel like spending money on a place to shoot rather than ammo to shoot. Then just a few small projects like cleaning up some old 22s and a 243, getting some decent optics on them and make em look all pretty and stuff.

Lots of plans. Hopefully most will come to fruition. If Harvey and Irma hold true, I'll be traveling a lot.
  1. Ordered the parts to improve the extractors and ejectors on my Savage bolts Install them ASAHP.
  2. Week of Elk, Week of deer hunting.
  3. Whole lotta loading and shooting. Would like to cut my powder stores in half.
  4. A lot more long range shooting ( 1000 - 2000 yards).
  5. Once the wife moves out, gut the house and garage, reorganize the cave.
  6. Install a ventilation system and ramp up my casting. Been reading about a lead alloy that yields ~30 HB and casts well. Test it in .270 and 7mm.
  7. Finally get my stuff together to have loading training sessions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top