JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So take your inferior super power a bit further and ponder why… who does it harm for that manifesto to be made public?
Who says it has to harm anyone? I know this may come to a shock to some people, but not everything is a grand conspiracy with all levels of demonic shenanigans and Samarian blood draining rituals for eternal life behind it
It's entirely possible that just like the article states pending the completion of the investigation the LEO's are going keep all of the documents and sources secret so as not to compromise their investigation so I guess the short answer to your question is potentially the harm would be to the law-enforcement investigation
But that certainly doesn't sell any clicks and doesn't get anybody to listen to a podcast or follow YouTube channel so I guess there's no way the obvious could actually be the correct answer :rolleyes:

1698020195379.png
1698020310360.png
1698020342190.png
1698020484757.png
1698020407305.png

Who says it has to harm anyone? I know this may come to a shock to some people, but not everything is a grand conspiracy with all levels of demonic shenanigans and Samarian blood draining rituals for eternal life behind it
It's entirely possible that just like the article states pending the completion of the investigation the LEO's are going keep all of the documents and sources secret so as not to compromise their investigation so I guess the short answer to your question is potentially the harm would be to the law-enforcement investigation
But that certainly doesn't sell any clicks and doesn't get anybody to listen to a podcast or follow YouTube channel so I guess there's no way the obvious could actually be the correct answer :rolleyes:
Yep. Probably the same reason the Epstein client list was never made public too. Just an ongoing investigation…

1698020419047.jpeg

Violence.

The tool doesn't matter. I don't buy into "gun violence." It's just a leftie/progressive buzz word.
If the crime would have been completed it would be labeled "gun violence." I didn't make up the term nor do I buy into it. I feel the same as you. Violence is violence but not when politicians or the media are involved.

While it's understood that the public won't get to learn of all the evidence related to the arrest, it would be preferred for a statement relased akin to: "Law enforcement possesses reasonable probable cause to believe that the defendant was going to commit these offenses to enact an arrest".

Referencing (non-specific) "generalized anger" grumblings in a private journal, and/or an anonymous tip that he was armed is not enough in my book.

This kind of reminds me of how Feds "foiled" a plot to put grenades in trash cans at a local mall, cherryvale mall, in northern Illinois. It's a mall near my old hometown.

Turns out a FBI informant targeted this young man because he was an outcast of his Muslim community/family. The informant moved the young man into his house. Basically radicalized him and gave him the idea to commit the whole crime. Set the young man up with a person, well actually not a person but the Feds themselves, willing to "trade" hand grenades for an old stereo or speakers, the only possessions the young man had to trade.

So the Feds created a terroristic act that they then "foiled."

I didn't bother finding all the investigative reports about the case but it was this incident.

This kind of reminds me of how Feds "foiled" a plot to put grenades in trash cans at a local mall, cherryvale mall, in northern Illinois. It's a mall near my old hometown.

Turns out a FBI informant targeted this young man because he was an outcast of his Muslim community/family. The informant moved the young man into his house. Basically radicalized him and gave him the idea to commit the whole crime. Set the young man up with a person, well actually not a person but the Feds themselves, willing to "trade" hand grenades for an old stereo or speakers, the only possessions the young man had to trade.

I didn't bother finding all the investigative reports about the case but it was this incident.

A bit like all the FBI agents involved in kicking off Jan 6th….

I share your suspicions. I think if the journal had actually said anything genuinely incriminating the cops would have gleefully said so and given us an explicit quote. I think the fact that all they said was there were references to general anger means that there was nothing more incriminating, and this guy is being railroaded for no reason other than being a gun owner and having an ex-wife that hates him.
Yeah......that "manifesto" of the transgender shooter Audrey Hale?

Aloha, Mark

Man I got buddies who were going to this, I just saw them at Yosemite a couple weeks ago too that would have really devastated me if they were gone. Like others have said this is too close. We have a mental health problem with young guys today I really wish to see it fixed in my lifetime

To be charged with attempted murder, wouldn't one first need to actually attempt it? Planning isn't attempting. Conspiracy to commit, perhaps, but how has he attempted it? Just wondering since the details are so lacking. I'll wait to hear his side of the story.

This reminds me of the Nobel Peace Prize given to Obozo for something he might do someday in the future...
I'm assuming that these charges are just the ones filed by law enforcement. LE always charge with as much as they think they can in the moment, then the DA actually looks into all the evidence and adds/removes/modifies charges based on what they might be able to actually prosecute.

You ever watch badge cam footage of cops during an arrest? They're often bouncing all sorts of charges off each other with what they think they can charge a suspect with.

In the end, charges filed by LE don't really mean much other than for a good headline. What the DA decides to do is what really matters. Of course, all of that depends on what actual evidence there is, which we know very little about as pointed out previously.

...charges filed by LE don't really mean much other than for a good headline. What the DA decides to do is what really matters. Of course, all of that depends on what actual evidence there is, which we know very little about as pointed out previously.
Oregon is a grand jury state. With respect to felony charges the DA must present the case and what charges he/she would like to accuse the defendant of to a grand jury. The grand jury decides the actual indictments, if any. The grand jury may decide there is insufficient evidence to charge anyone with anything, in which case that's that. No formal charges are made and no trial happens. By Oregon constitution grand juries are 7 people drawn from the same rolls as regular jurors. (Voters registration, driver's license lists, etc.). It takes a vote of 5 of the 7 to bring a "true bill" with respect to a charge. The grand jury sees only the prosecutor's side of the case. So when they bring a true bill, that doesnt at all mean the grand jury thinks the person is guilty. It only means that the grand jury thinks the prosecution has presented enough evidence to conduct a formal inquiry to further examine the issue, and in which the side of the accused is fully represented, that is, a trial. Grand juries are a tradition we inherited from Britain. Some states have them and some don't. Among states that have them, the number of jurors and how many it takes to bring a true bill varies from state to state.

Oregon is a grand jury state. With respect to felony charges the DA must present the case and what charges he/she would like to accuse the defendant of to a grand jury. The grand jury decides the actual indictments, if any. The grand jury may decide there is insufficient evidence to charge anyone with anything, in which case that's that. No formal charges are made and no trial happens. By Oregon constitution grand juries are 7 people drawn from the same rolls as regular jurors. (Voters registration, driver's license lists, etc.). It takes a vote of 5 of the 7 to bring a "true bill" with respect to a charge. The grand jury sees only the prosecutor's side of the case. So when they bring a true bill, that doesnt at all mean the grand jury thinks the person is guilty. It only means that the grand jury thinks the prosecution has presented enough evidence to conduct a formal inquiry to further examine the issue, and in which the side of the accused is fully represented, that is, a trial. Grand juries are a tradition we inherited from Britain. Some states have them and some don't. Among states that have them, the number of jurors and how many it takes to bring a true bill varies from state to state.
My wife reported that when she was on the Grand Jury the judge advised them that there were only a few items they were to consider.

1) Did the crime occur in this County?
2) Did it happen on the day shown in the indictment?
3) Was there probable cause to indict the accused?

I made an internet search, and there are some technical requirements involving evidence presented to the Grand Jury, contained in ORS Volume 4, Title 14, Chapter 132.

https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_132.320

My wife reported that when she was on the Grand Jury the judge advised them that there were only a few items they were to consider.

1) Did the crime occur in this County?
2) Did it happen on the day shown in the indictment?
3) Was there probable cause to indict the accused?

I made an internet search, and there are some technical requirements involving evidence presented to the Grand Jury, contained in ORS Volume 4, Title 14, Chapter 132.

https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_132.320
The three items listed contradict the statement that "the judge advised that there were just a few items they were to consider." Item 3 involves everything that the prosecution has presented. That is dozens to hundreds or thousands of things. Everything available at that time. Items 1 & 2 just establish that the county has jurisdiction and everyone is talking about the same case. Maybe the judge elaborated by saying don't consider what the media are saying. And don't consider whether you think the accused is guilty or innocent; that is the job of the jury. Your job is to determine whether the state has enough evidence to warrant a trial at all.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews