JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of plans. Hopefully most will come to fruition. If Harvey and Irma hold true, I'll be traveling a lot.
  1. Ordered the parts to improve the extractors and ejectors on my Savage bolts Install them ASAHP.
  2. Week of Elk, Week of deer hunting.
  3. Whole lotta loading and shooting. Would like to cut my powder stores in half.
  4. A lot more long range shooting ( 1000 - 2000 yards).
  5. Once the wife moves out, gut the house and garage, reorganize the cave.
  6. Install a ventilation system and ramp up my casting. Been reading about a lead alloy that yields ~30 HB and casts well. Test it in .270 and 7mm.
  7. Finally get my stuff together to have loading training sessions.

Dang man you do all that you won't have time to work! o_O

Fall is my fav time of the year! Warm days, cool/cold nights.

Not hunting anymore, but I will go to elk camp with my buds as always. If I could afford a tag next year, I might lean a rifle against a camp stump just in case.

More reloading.
Shooting the last few IDPA matches. So sad when winter comes and this is gone. But there is .22lr steel silhouette matches in winter, it just is hard to get out and tramp thru the snow to reset steel targets so I haven't gone in a few years.

Will try to sell a few items so that I can get a set of XS Big Dot express sights or maybe the Tactical Advantage arrow type sight for my Glock 34. Also wanting to put a muzzle brake on my .308... yeah yeah just a wuss, I know. :p

Dang man you do all that you won't have time to work! o_O
Gutting the house should take ~5 days (1200 SF). Not rebuilding - that will be a much longer labor of love.
I dumpster dive a lot, have most everything I need for the ventilation. Setting up casting and toying with it will be someting I do over a year.
I think you know how fast you can go through a pound of powder....

Fall is my fav time of the year! Warm days, cool/cold nights.

Not hunting anymore, but I will go to elk camp with my buds as always. If I could afford a tag next year, I might lean a rifle against a camp stump just in case.

More reloading.
Shooting the last few IDPA matches. So sad when winter comes and this is gone. But there is .22lr steel silhouette matches in winter, it just is hard to get out and tramp thru the snow to reset steel targets so I haven't gone in a few years.

Will try to sell a few items so that I can get a set of XS Big Dot express sights or maybe the Tactical Advantage arrow type sight for my Glock 34. Also wanting to put a muzzle brake on my .308... yeah yeah just a wuss, I know. :p
Have a muzzle brake and crush washer (I think) that you can have. 5/8-24, nothing fancy. PM me your addy if you want it. Bought it for my 308 but wound up putting a KAC on it instead.

We wait until meaningful rain happens. Right now the woods remain way too dry. Timing things between the first soaking rains and the ongoing Monsoon Rains remains the tricky part. Sometimes they occur at the same time. Sometimes not.

We wait until meaningful rain happens. Right now the woods remain way too dry. Timing things between the first soaking rains and the ongoing Monsoon Rains remains the tricky part. Sometimes they occur at the same time. Sometimes not.

There saying sunday for our first good rain fall :rolleyes: I am not really looking forward to it but we do need the rain. I love fall when its sunny but cool out.

Gutting the house should take ~5 days (1200 SF). Not rebuilding - that will be a much longer labor of love.

After a lifetime of remodeling/rehabbing homes, doing rehab consultations, and home/pest inspections, my days of owner projects are over. It was a lot of fun along the way!!! But age tends to grow a full set of physical limitations. Enjoy it while you can. :D

I didn't get my deer tag this year, going to hunt second season general bull in my area, shoot as much as I can, handload as much as I can, play around with my AR's and try to shoot them better. May even do a little winter coyote hunting as well as some rimfire, centerfire, and pistol competitions. Life is good...

OOps, I left out sell my most accurate bolt action .223 rem rifle and look for a long range big game rifle...;)

Hunt as much as I can ... and as always tinker with the guns....Fine tune a lock or stock , things like that.
More than likely it seems that I end up working on someone else's gun over the winter...that is always a fun thing to do as well.
Andy

Hunt as much as I can ... and as always tinker with the guns....Fine tune a lock or stock , things like that.
More than likely it seems that I end up working on someone else's gun over the winter...that is always a fun thing to do as well.
Andy

Speaking of which, that reminds me I need to pick up that BP pistol again and do some more work on the trigger and lock. I put it aside a few months back. I managed to improve it a bit, but I'm still not happy with the trigger or the amount of pressure it's taking to get it to break. Should be a good project for those colder indoor months.

I'll still shoot steel plates, in fact I'm looking forward to some rain so the fire danger is down. I don't mind shooting in poor weather as a SHTF situation is a year round possibility.

I'll still shoot steel plates, in fact I'm looking forward to some rain so the fire danger is down. I don't mind shooting in poor weather as a SHTF situation is a year round possibility.

What!? SHTF events are only supposed to happen on 65 degree, sunny days! Someone's been lying to me :rolleyes:

We did some steel plate drills this spring when it was POURING down rain and a muddy mess. I was at first ready to throw in the towel, but frankly a few drills in and it started to get more "real". We shot for 2 hours in the rain and had a great time. All my gear was soaked as was I.....seemed more realistic.

Shooting charcoal briquettes in the snow with a 22 is fun. They explode in a cloud of black dust which looks great against the white snow background. They are biodegradable targets also.

I always carry my rifle in a safe direction in case of a fall shooting but I don't plan to fall...

Good one; love it. Lol, thanks.

Every Monday is a range day; except holidays, then Tuesday is range day.

Archery elk and upland game open now; deer camp Sept 28th for the opener; really just camping with a deer tag... The season will ramp up with the rut; @mid Oct. Might buy a bear tag if it's not too late.

Duck hunting maybe; will wait for a cold spell up North.

1,000s of cases to load.

3 or 4 books to read.

My fall to do list in this order:
1: Try to fill my deer and bear tags. Shoot a couple grouse. Couple rabbits.
2: Build a Remington 700 tacticool semi long range paper punching dohicky.
3: Actually sight in the ACOG on my AR.
4: Try to find a load that my 30-06 will shoot better then a 3 inch group.
5: Buy a CZ 75 variant of some kind.
6: Buy and complete one of those build it yourself muzzle loader kits.

And load as absolutely much pistol ammo as I can.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top