JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So now you all got me confused. I don't have a CHL in oregon yet. Working on that one took the class and everything. If I go to portland obviously I can't carry or have one hidden in a locked box. But I can put one in plain view like on the dash or passenger seat correct?

edit: I really need to schedule my appointment with the sheriff's office

It'll be moot if national reciprocity is passed... ;)

Last Edited:
I thought national reciprocity only allows carry in accordance with the laws of the state you are visiting. Same would apply to restrictions on federal property.

Call me a scofflaw, I fart in the general direction of signs and laws forbidding guns, and I carry my concealed weapon EVERYWHERE there is not a metal detector or an active pat-down search at the door to out me.

I appreciate seeing reports here of places that actively enforce their pussified head-in-the-sand "Disarm American Citizens" policies so I can decide to do one of two things:

- Boycott the communist douchewagons.
- Show up unarmed so I'm not publicly directed to retreat from the gate and hike a few blocks away to lock my weapon in a rolling steel vault - with glass windows.

No carry in Nat parks ended a few years back and I have never heard of such a thing as you can't carry in nat forest. Crap you can hunt in the national forests.
Sounds like someone blowing smoke up bumms

It seemed weird to me they left out the psych hospitals as no carry areas. But as a CHL holder who works in one, I guess thats a bit more on my mind than most, but its a no go for anyone, cops included. I know, totally weird my mind went there, but an area that was not a no go and an area that was being left off felt weird to me.

When we camp even on Indian land we are protected. But mine stay concealed. F the signs, I'm not going out without a fight. Federal buildings, it's locked in the rig, but not by choice. Some of those crooks probably should be scared. :) just kidding please take me off the list :oops:

I have never been harassed or searched in a campground or a national forest. Or on an Indian Reservation. And won't give any reason to do so. On my best behavior.

Last Edited:
It'll be moot if national reciprocity is passed... ;)

I thought national reciprocity only allows carry in accordance with the laws of the state you are visiting. Same would apply to restrictions on federal property.

Regardless of the House version or the Senate version of National Reciprocity, you still cannot have hollow points while in New Jersey.

Nor, 11 bullets while in CA.

In Oregon you cant have a loaded pistol in the car without a state issued CHL... anywhere in the state, unless it is plainly visible to one outside the car (e.g.: dashboard) or unloaded in a locked container. Oregon Statutes 166.250 - Unlawful possession of firearms - LawServer
Read the Statute again!! If a handgun is carried openly in a belt holster, the law does not apply. No where does the Statute say that a firearm must be unloaded when inside a vehicle.

Read the Statute again!! If a handgun is carried openly in a belt holster, the law does not apply. No where does the Statute say that a firearm must be unloaded when inside a vehicle.

Your correct, the law doesnt apply to open carry

Otherwise it needs to be unloaded in a vehicle...

So now that I have my chl, is there anything that I can do different when I'm heading to a out door range concerning transporting rifles and other handguns not in my person concealed but just in my car?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top