JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Congratulations on being able to insult me with impunity.
I'm not the one that gets butthurt over postings when you were previously ignored. You had to log out to see my posts that weren't directed at you. If it weren't for your complaints, you'd still be on the ignore list.

The Shining Horror GIF

Perhaps this thread has actually run its course...

"Can a valid CHL holder conceal carry a SBR?"

According to ORS 166.250, it's a crime to conceal carry any firearm,(a) or have a handgun concealed but accessible in any vehicle (b).

ORS 166.260 says 166.250 doesn't apply or affect a person with a valid CHL, among other people listed.

ORS 166.262 says LEOs cannot arrest or charge a person with a valid CHL for violating either (a) or (b) of ORS 166.250.

Looks like the CHL holder may indeed be charged for violating 166.250 sections (c) and related.... but these are also good causes for revocation of CHLs.

Haven't found any ORS that says a CHL holder can keep their CHLs after being charged or found or whatever it may be the case to disqualify them for possessing CHLs or firearms.

So the answer is... it looks like...yes a valid CHL holder can indeed conceal carry a SBR and not be legally arrested for it.

I'm not the one that gets butthurt over postings when you were previously ignored. You had to log out to see my posts that weren't directed at you. If it weren't for your complaints, you'd still be on the ignore list.

The Shining Horror GIF
It isn't "butthurt" to desire to be treated in accordance with the forum policies or to encourage the forum to be polite in general.

It isn't "butthurt" to desire to be treated in accordance with the forum policies or to encourage the forum to be polite in general.
The question is "can I carry an SBR in Oregon with a CHL?" The answer is yes until proven otherwise with ORS citations.

Perhaps this thread has actually run its course...

"Can a valid CHL holder conceal carry a SBR?"

According to ORS 166.250, it's a crime to conceal carry any firearm,(a) or have a handgun concealed but accessible in any vehicle (b).

ORS 166.260 says 166.250 doesn't apply or affect a person with a valid CHL, among other people listed.

ORS 166.262 says LEOs cannot arrest or charge a person with a valid CHL for violating either (a) or (b) of ORS 166.250.

Looks like the CHL holder may indeed be charged for violating 166.250 sections (c) and related.... but these are also good causes for revocation of CHLs.

Haven't found any ORS that says a CHL holder can keep their CHLs after being charged or found or whatever it may be the case to disqualify them for possessing CHLs or firearms.

So the answer is... it looks like...yes a valid CHL holder can indeed conceal carry a SBR and not be legally arrested for it.
Because it also looks like a meteorologist can conceal a machinegun anytime.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads