JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Telling my father the same thing... If you hit Level 1, might be best to take a little vacation before the Pandemonium starts. Nothing like a Nuclear assault type of escape from the city where you are trapped on a freeway for hours trying to flee. A massive wildfire going through the city the size of Portland will make history and be catastrophic.

BTW, what the hell is happening in Eugene, OR area? Looks like Level III Red zone is approaching right into Springfield, OR. Are they going to be evacuating Eugene?

What the hell is going on? Portland,Salem, Eugene all are facing wildfire risks? This is very very bizarre.
I doubt that they are at a huge amount of risk simply because of the amount of firefighting infrastructure and concrete for that matter would severely limit the ability of the fire to spread throughout the city. And if need be, just cut down the street trees and you can isolate city blocks to limit spread, but I seriously doubt it will come to that.

Are you saying the people on that video are anarchists? They looked like residents.

Please read my post again. If you are going to quote me, do not skew the words of my post.

The meaning was clearly stated.

Regards,
MT

Edit to add: I wish the best for all of those affected by these events.

Last Edited:
Found this article from March about a bill directing $25 million to forest fire prevention getting spiked when the legislature ended due to walkouts: 2 Key Forestry Bills Left In The Wreckage Of Oregon Legislative Session

The other bill would have launched Oregon Gov. Kate Brown's multi-faceted plan to reduce wildfire risk statewide and would have directed nearly $25 million toward that goal.

The Legislature ended the session without voting on either bill after nearly all of the state's Republican lawmakers walked out of the Capitol and left Democrats without a quorum.

Senate Bill 1536 was built around the conclusions of the Governor's Council on Wildfire Response, which met for about a year before giving the governor a $4 billion recommendation. The council's conclusions and the subsequent legislation supported reducing fuel load — forest undergrowth and thickets of young trees — through logging and prescribed burning in the forests, adding firefighting resources, safeguarding homes, reducing transmission line safety risks and improving wildfire smoke protections for at-risk communities.

Matt Donegan, who chaired the governor's wildfire council, said he was encouraged by all the work lawmakers did to advance the bill and the bipartisan support it had before the Republican walkout. He's hoping to see some action on the wildfire response plan before next year.

"Obviously it's very disappointing that the session wound down without that going through," he said. "I think the nightmare scenario is going to be if we have a horrible fire season. If the recommendations we made could have been helpful in preventing some kind of tragedy and because of the walkout the recommendations weren't followed. I don't think anyone wants to see that."

That's so pertinent right now. Kind of like posting an article on gun control in the middle of a school shooting. I doubt if it would have helped this guy:
That's so pertinent right now. Kind of like posting an article on gun control in the middle of a school shooting. I doubt if it would have helped this guy:

Video above: Sure looks like arson in the face of absent forest fires? Any fires nearby?

There were quite a few fires in the Eagle Creek/211 area over the past few days:

6B4AB8DC-99E2-4768-AAC1-B32C9D80AC81.jpeg

The news noted that the Riverside fire jumped Estacada and firefighters in the city were battling it on all sides.

Found this article from March about a bill directing $25 million to forest fire prevention getting spiked when the legislature ended due to walkouts: 2 Key Forestry Bills Left In The Wreckage Of Oregon Legislative Session

You should remember, the representatives that walked begged the majority to take care of OTHER important business BEFORE the "Carbon Tax" crap came up for a vote. The majority REFUSED to take up ANY of the OTHER IMPORTANT business first. The TWO KEY FORESTRY BILLS you link could have been taken care of if not for the majorities REFUSAL to put the carbon tax vote later in the session.

I capped some important words there, and they should be read s-l-o-w so as to get actual, full story. Not the way it was presented by the local, biased media. Remember, if it's in the Oregonian, it's at the very most, part of the story.

Regarding evacuation order I have learned an important lesson about Oregon this year...they are completely inconsistent and poorly updated. They cannot be relied upon at all. We just received a call that we have been downgraded to level one. The map from Marion county shows we are over two miles from this "update." Apparently we had been in level 2, again over two miles from the map border for the past four days. I have looked over at least six evacuation maps from news media, Oregon gov sources and other locations. None of them have indicated we have been in any of these zones. We actually did leave Tuesday for the night because of the vague information.

To be fair, this has been the worst fire event in the history of ever in Oregon. Watching local news (which we normally do not do) has only provided a little more assistance but they are using the same maps I'm looking at. Local radio has been useless, there is no news on the any of the channels I hit, just someone telling me how bad thing are. Gee, thanks. Honestly, the best info I have received has been from here at NWF.
Updates have been terrible. The buck stops at the top!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top