JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it were me and I was going to my property, or my parents/families/close friend's property, simply communicating with these guys would be the thing to do? Showing some ID and giving a name/address of property owners would be something too. What's the matter with people these days? Those guys on the roads into houses abandoned by force of law are there for you! If you don't have biz up there you are one of two things, there to help, or there to cause trouble for residents. One way you get in to the property, the other? Stay out, you don't belong there.
There is a hard way and an easy way. Some people just like doing things the hard way.

Confirmation from a very well respected and established friend on the East Side that persons are setting fires She is very credible. She has been posting same for the last several days.

My folks are not setting up checkpoints. We are simply driving the backroads at 30 mph with a cell phone, a strong light, and a fire extinguisher. We will call 911 if we see a fire or arson activity, and take video and/or pictures of suspicious car license numbers. We might follow a suspect vehicle, or even stop and ask what someone is doing. Not speaking for anyone else involved, but I, at least, was well and legally armed.
That sounds reasonable and well thought out....Be safe and thank you.
Andy

Not sure how this news bodes for people, but it appears a heavy dry wind storm may be moving its way into Oregon.. We all know how reliable weather forecasts are in the Pacific Northwest , outside of rainy season (which is just usually good guessing). I am praying whatever heavy winds that are being reported to be possibly moving in won't make their way into the Central and Northern part of the states. That could be devastating right now.

Confirmation from a very well respected and established friend on the East Side that persons are setting fires She is very credible. She has been posting same for the last several days.
Post a link, a name, or something. I'm not a fan of anonymous sources.

Not sure how this news bodes for people, but it appears a heavy dry wind storm may be moving its way into Oregon.. We all know how reliable weather forecasts are in the Pacific Northwest , outside of rainy season (which is just usually good guessing). I am praying whatever heavy winds that are being reported to be possibly moving in won't make their way into the Central and Northern part of the states. That could be devastating right now.

S. Oregon is prone to high winds - especially along the coast. This has always been problematic, in no small part because the weather there is drier than up here in the NW and the winds higher. I am a bit concerned that if we (local to me) get winds of any significance that the fire may flare up and the winds are coming from the southwest so that could drive the fire towards my house.

Humidity here was high last night and 99% for much of the morning (low temp here was 45*). During the eastern winds humidity was well below 30% (26% at my home) - I personally do not recall it ever being that low. Right now it is 70% and the temp is dropping now (high was 70* today). We are maybe going to get some showers tomorrow night into Tuesday - that would be good; still got some smoking ground up here. I went up the mountain today and noticed that TVFR and WACo sheriffs are deployed at the junction of Mtn Top road and 219, also, they are roaming around the roads up here, keeping an eye on things.

There is no level 3 evac zone up here now, only levels 1 & 2:

I would keep an eye on things if you are in any zone though; I would trust only one means of comms - my daughter's texts are not getting thru to me. Yesterday I did get a text, then a robo call, then an email from Yamhill co. emergency telling me the level 3 evac order was lifted.

Best source for current conditions and what to expect in the coming days as it pertains to Clack County and the Riverside Fire. Also note that PG&E has shut down the power in the Mt. Hood Highway corridor.

Scroll down on the page after clicking for detailed info:

Does anyone have any intel about the fire up on Eagle Creek Golf Course, NW of Estacada? Contained? Seems too far out to have been spotted by the Riverside Fire so I'm guessing it was ignited separately.
I don't know anything about the golf course but I've been watching that fire for days, as it's the one closest to my home, and it seems to be holding the line.

My wife was in Stayton today and saw several Military Police vehicles. They were wearing Military Police uniforms. Total of three vehicles, looked to be fueling up. Hopefully going up the canyon to stop the looting that the news and agencies are denying.

My wife was in Stayton today and saw several Military Police vehicles. They were wearing Military Police uniforms. Total of three vehicles, looked to be fueling up. Hopefully going up the canyon to stop the looting that the news and agencies are denying.
They have been around since Monday night, just not as many of them as we need/want!
Our Gov'ness didn't ask for help for almost 7 days, so things are just now starting to move!

They have been around since Monday night, just not as many of them as we need/want!
Our Gov'ness didn't ask for help for almost 7 days, so things are just now starting to move!
Word on the street is a mile long train was spotted in the George loaded with rubber tracked APC's headed west last week. I wonder why they need so many of those with rubber tracks? That tells me street patrols, wonder when or where it's going to get real.

Word on the street is a mile long train was spotted in the George loaded with rubber tracked APC's headed west last week. I wonder why they need so many of those with rubber tracks? That tells me street patrols, wonder when or where it's going to get real.
Perhaps they're going to finally shut down the nightly rioting and destruction in Portland?

Naw, that's just wishful thinking.... :s0140:

These trains and truck convoys go thru WA all the time - for years. The military moves them around a lot. There is a firing range near Yakima where they practice maneuvers, then there are all the military bases in the Puget Sound area.

These trains and truck convoys go thru WA all the time - for years. The military moves them around a lot. There is a firing range near Yakima where they practice maneuvers, then there are all the military bases in the Puget Sound area.
They also move the equipment through the regeneration facilities on a regular basis! Couple of years ago, a bunch of folks went all tin foil because they saw several train loads of M-1 Tanks being moved north out of So-Cal!

They also move the equipment through the regeneration facilities on a regular basis! Couple of years ago, a bunch of folks went all tin foil because they saw several train loads of M-1 Tanks being moved north out of So-Cal!
When I used to live in Crakima, I was plugged in to the goings-on at the Yakima Firing Center through my mountain rescue volunteerism with the helo medics with Dustoff. They would let me know when another round of tank games was coming up, and I would go down to the Pomona Siding, which is where they load/unload the M1A1s that come in via rail. Was fun to sit there and watch them come off the flatcars and roll up the county road to the YFC. Like being a kid again and watching big toys go by...

Last Edited:

TJ Hiner has been fighting wildland fires for the last 25 years.

He's currently leading a fire crew of 20 people, all fighting the Lionshead Fire, located between Detroit and Warm Springs, which has burned more than 136,000 acres.

Hiner is tired from work but he's most exhausted by the never-ending stream of conspiracy theories that Antifa is fueling the fires.

A Facebook live video, viewed more than 230,000 times, implores people to stop spreading rumors.

"Antifa is not running through the woods. Those guys don't even want to leave their skateboards. We got fires starting 30 miles out in the woods, and you want to blame Boogaloo and Antifa," said Hiner.

Hiner said while arson could be a factor is some of the fires, it's not a planned attacked by anti-fascists.

"Guys, it's not terrorists. Don't they usually they want credit. How many people have you seen take credit for this stuff?" said Hiner.

"We did this. We built our power grid. We rely on it. We built our houses to the closest forests."

The husband and father of four also asked people to check the articles and websites before sending them.

"If it's from some weird darknet website, why share it? If it doesn't have fundamental facts backing it up, stop sharing. You are a part of the problem."

Hiner, who said he is not a democrat or republican, said he's tired of people politicizing a natural disaster.

"I'm tired of my job being Russian lasers and Antifa and Boogaloo boys. And the reality is it's just mother nature being pissed off," said Hiner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top