JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fires breaking out all around us and I'm thinking I'm safe because my town is surrounded by wheat fields with multiple fire breaks and I just hear my neighbor fire up his chainsaw and start working on some downed limbs in his overgrown and tinder-dry backyard. :mad:

Regarding evacuation order I have learned an important lesson about Oregon this year...they are completely inconsistent and poorly updated. They cannot be relied upon at all. We just received a call that we have been downgraded to level one. The map from Marion county shows we are over two miles from this "update." Apparently we had been in level 2, again over two miles from the map border for the past four days. I have looked over at least six evacuation maps from news media, Oregon gov sources and other locations. None of them have indicated we have been in any of these zones. We actually did leave Tuesday for the night because of the vague information.

To be fair, this has been the worst fire event in the history of ever in Oregon. Watching local news (which we normally do not do) has only provided a little more assistance but they are using the same maps I'm looking at. Local radio has been useless, there is no news on the any of the channels I hit, just someone telling me how bad thing are. Gee, thanks. Honestly, the best info I have received has been from here at NWF.

Th
Regarding evacuation order I have learned an important lesson about Oregon this year...they are completely inconsistent and poorly updated. They cannot be relied upon at all. We just received a call that we have been downgraded to level one. The map from Marion county shows we are over two miles from this "update." Apparently we had been in level 2, again over two miles from the map border for the past four days. I have looked over at least six evacuation maps from news media, Oregon gov sources and other locations. None of them have indicated we have been in any of these zones. We actually did leave Tuesday for the night because of the vague information.

To be fair, this has been the worst fire event in the history of ever in Oregon. Watching local news (which we normally do not do) has only provided a little more assistance but they are using the same maps I'm looking at. Local radio has been useless, there is no news on the any of the channels I hit, just someone telling me how bad thing are. Gee, thanks. Honestly, the best info I have received has been from here at NWF.
The best I can recommend is to check your County web sight, might be a little better up to date, little more accurate!

To be fair, this has been the worst fire event in the history of ever in Oregon. Watching local news (which we normally do not do) has only provided a little more assistance but they are using the same maps I'm looking at. Local radio has been useless, there is no news on the any of the channels I hit, just someone tellin me how bad thing are. Gee, thanks. Honestly, the best info I have received has been from here at NWF.

The Information is the worst ive ever seen, peoples lives are in danger and the news broadcast interviews on how people FEEL about the fire .most the field journalist and anchors must be transplants to oregon most know nothing of the area they are reporting on and use vague and stupid pionts of reference. A early and accurate heads up makes all the differance in the world.

Thanks, but that was where the inconsistent information was coming from most specifically. I get it, events like this fall into fog of war category regarding information. As an LEO I spent several days on looter patrol for an adjacent jurisdiction during / after a fire and understand communication is challenging. Not intending to disparage anyone, just now know the limitations of the system better and what to, and not to expect.

I listened to a large fire get discovered and fought last night on the police scanner. I woke up today and go to the local news sites to see if it was contained or not and not a peep about it anywhere.

I texted my girlfriend telling her about it and she says she knows all about it and that is now much larger and not contained. I asked her where she found the info. Facebook.

I did find it listed on the .gov site.

I fear journalism is so compromised by the Left and their insidious focus on destroying conservatives and advancing their political cause that they are simply becoming irrelevant for conveying facts and information to the public.

I fear journalism is so compromised by the Left and their insidious focus on destroying conservatives and advancing their political cause that they are simply becoming irrelevant for conveying facts and information to the public.

This is exactly what has happened. I can't believe the masses still turn it on and watch it. :( And, BELIEVE IT!

3E04621B-842C-4D33-A4E1-EAA73FAAC091.jpeg

The fires were pretty bad in 2018 and the smoke was so bad that my company shut down our manufacturing plant in the area.

I took a photo back then of the smoke when it was at it's worst...

L5JAIZJ3QuK847qNVpckog.jpg

I just took a photo a few minutes ago from the same window. Noticeably worse now than back then. Pretty sure we're going to shut down again...

MSin9I40QduJgQqRRNvv2g.jpg

Interesting, I wonder why the person felt the need to record law enforcement and post it online? Did he tell the officer he was being recorded?
Sure. Watch it. The cop says several times that he was welcome to quote him, plus he asked if he was being recorded as well as stating that 'Cop Watch' was there as well.

He goes way over the line as it pertains to lowering the bar in professional standards, and based on another video posted yesterday, it seems to run in the pack (unless this is the same guy, different place). He states, "I'm going to go ahead and say it... ANTIFA Motherf%^%ckers are out causing hell." And later, "You can video me taking a piss, I don't care."

A lot of people really appreciate LEO's 'humanizing themselves' in this way, and it can also be a tactic to gain trust while duping the guy with the camera into making statements that may soon incriminate himself.

This article spells it out a bit more, even stating that this is the same deputy who was taped coaching 'militia members' on how to protect their area:

Last Edited:
Just guessing that food markets will be firebombed?? I wonder if the food markets are thinking ahead and providing security? Good idea, but I am thinking they are not thinking this way until it is too late.

Last Edited:
The Oregon State fire marshal just got put on leave then resigned .
In the middle of a major event ? Something is very very wrong
Yeah I read that earlier today, along with some kind of statement by Kate. The OSP is in charge of that job so they appointed someone new. Not sure if it was Kate's doing or the OSP, but it definitely needs to be sourced out.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top