JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife who is in the fire service thinks this is kinda fishy and he is being setup as the fall guy for someone's (in Salem) short comings....

1600009063782.png

I took this from across an intersection so as not to block traffic. Also the smoke makes it hard to read. But these are the people who spent most of the week working around the clock risking their lives protecting our property and houses and lives. Heroes and heroines. And they take the time the welcome us home.

IMG_20200912_174627_373.jpg

From OregonLive:

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office announced Saturday night that deputies had caught Buck Adam Nickel, 41, of Estacada, and Kimberlee Tipton, 52, of Milwaukie, after the pair found a trailer in Eagle Creek and "decided to help themselves."

The trailer was being used by two good Samaritans who were traveling around Clackamas County helping people evacuate from Level 3 zones. The trailer got a flat tire and when the good Samaritans left it along Judd Road to get supplies to fix the tire, Nickel and Tipton struck and were caught in the act by a deputy, according to the sheriff's office.

Glad to see they are doing patrols. Looks like another pair of locals taking advantage of their community.

what is your evac status, are you back home yet?
Yes, back home with the change in weather. Had to go into work today briefly and a normally 25 minute drive turned into well over an hour due to smoke and fog. Spotted some guy on the side of a rural road suspiciously parked halfway into the lane of traffic with a road flare. Called it in after almost getting rear ended for stopping to check on him. Said he's out of gas but??? Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Yes, back home with the change in weather. Had to go into work today briefly and a normally 25 minute drive turned into well over an hour due to smoke and fog. Spotted some guy on the side of a rural road suspiciously parked halfway into the lane of traffic with a road flare. Called it in after almost getting rear ended for stopping to check on him. Said he's out of gas but??? Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.
glad to hear you are back home.

The local community here of about 300 homes scattered over maybe 10 square miles has been organizing mobile fire/arsonist watches, patrolling the back roads from 10 pm to 6 am, since the local LEOs are otherwise occupied. I took a turn Friday night/Saturday morning. I did not go unarmed.

Sure, that quick of an investigation and determination. FB are forensic fire investigators. I am impressed.
According to the story it was LE who asked them to take it down:

Douglas County Sheriff's deputies reported their 911 dispatchers were overrun with people calling about antifascists setting fires, or being arrested for arson.

Maybe if someone were to set up a check point on a road...
Having a way to communicate to law enforcement / the fire department...
As well as having some fire fighting equipment....
Might be handy.

Also it would be wise to communicate with law enforcement if one were to stop a person starting a fire.
As in :
Describing you and what you are wearing / look like.
It ain't like law enforcement will show up magically knowing who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.

One other thing to think about is the legality of setting up a check point , and how folks will react to it.
As pointed out in post # 353 with the linked screen shots , some folks won't stop for a check point.
What you do then , may help , or may help you find your way in jail.

Please note that I am not against protecting your home , or even setting up a check point or patrol.
Just pointing out some things to consider.
Andy

If it were me and I was going to my property, or my parents/families/close friend's property, simply communicating with these guys would be the thing to do? Showing some ID and giving a name/address of property owners would be something too. What's the matter with people these days? Those guys on the roads into houses abandoned by force of law are there for you! If you don't have biz up there you are one of two things, there to help, or there to cause trouble for residents. One way you get in to the property, the other? Stay out, you don't belong there.

Maybe if someone were to set up a check point on a road...
Having a way to communicate to law enforcement / the fire department...
As well as some fire fighting equipment....
Might be handy.

Also it would be wise to communicate with law enforcement if one were stop a person starting a fire.
As in :
Describing you and what you are wearing / look like.
It ain't like law enforcement will show up magically knowing who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.

One other thing to think about is the legality of setting up a check point , and how folks will react to it.
As pointed out in post # 353 with the linked screen shots , some folks won't stop for a check point.
What you do then , may help , or may help you find your way in jail.

Please note that I am not against protecting your home , or even setting up a check point or patrol.
Just pointing out some things to consider.
Andy
My folks are not setting up checkpoints. We are simply driving the backroads at 30 mph with a cell phone, a strong light, and a fire extinguisher. We will call 911 if we see a fire or arson activity, and take video and/or pictures of suspicious car license numbers. We might follow a suspect vehicle, or even stop and ask what someone is doing. Not speaking for anyone else involved, but I, at least, was well and legally armed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top