JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Though it may be distorted thinking, forests represent the industry behind them, and is often characterized as "raping the land" to harvest trees. In the minds of many, forestry corporations are a part of the BIG EVIL cartel.

That's a new perspective for me, thanks for sharing.

I expressed hypothetical understanding for a hypothetical situation in which Target employees burned down a Target store that we've found out (again all hypothetical) was abusing it's staff.

Your perspective is making me re-think that a bit though.

I was trying to say I can understand [read: not empathize] the motives of a protester, who is against police brutality, justifying themselves burning a police station. There's a direct correlation between the grievance and the target of destruction.

I was having a tough time believing that the same person would start an indiscriminate forest fire. If I was a criminal investigator, I wouldn't expect that to be the same person.

"Oregonian" :s0140: "Mostly Peaceful Protests" :s0140:

"Oregonian Reporting" and "Factual", "Truth" or "Complete" is an oxymoron. I don't really know WHAT the actual truth is but the oregonian isn't one to fully believe.

"Oregonian" :s0140: "Mostly Peaceful Protests" :s0140:

"Oregonian Reporting" and "Factual", "Truth" or "Complete" is an oxymoron. I don't really know WHAT the actual truth is but the oregonian isn't one to fully believe.
My thoughts exactly. Since when does the Oregonian report anything at half truth? Even the weather is questionable! Ha

They have quotes from police:

In Clackamas County, where more than 50,000 people are under Level 3 evacuation orders, images of armed people in Molalla concerned about looters and arsonists have spread widely on social media.

"It's been blown way out of proportion," Frank Schoenfeld, Molalla chief of police, said. "There have been no confirmed cases of looting in town."

In Douglas County, where three fires have caused nearly 650 people are under Level 3 evacuation orders, the sheriff's office has been providing additional patrols in evacuation areas.

"Thus far, there have not [been] any reports of looting," Sgt. Brad O'Dell said. "No arrests have been made."

I'm starting to think that reports of hearing "gun fire" from earlier in this thread are just people's ammo caches going up in flames.

Its kind of like how Multnomah Co. says drug crimes are way down over the last few years....ever since they quit arresting people for drugs.
If you're accusing police of not doing their job during these wildfires I would have to disagree. They are stepping up to the plate if anything.

If you're accusing police of not doing their job during these wildfires I would have to disagree. They are stepping up to the plate if anything.

No, I'm accusing people like the Portland Mayor, the county DA, and the Governor in playing tricks with statistics to "prove" their agenda. The only person who can stop it, the Multnomah Co Sheriff xirslef, is complicit as well. The officers are just instruments of their policies.

They have quotes from police:

I'm starting to think that reports of hearing "gun fire" from earlier in this thread are just people's ammo caches going up in flames.

The "gunfire" I heard was coming from the north east - opposite the direction of the fire. It was most likely bird cannons in the many vineyards in that direction. I've heard them before - they are automatic and use timed fire whether there are birds or not (I saw no birds or animals when I was there yesterday - very quiet).

The "gunfire" I heard was coming from the north east - opposite the direction of the fire. It was most likely bird cannons in the many vineyards in that direction. I've heard them before - they are automatic and use timed fire whether there are birds or not (I saw no birds or animals when I was there yesterday - very quiet).

I went to buy some projectiles from a member out in Carlton a couple weeks ago and took back roads and passing signs indicating "Chehalem' something or other, realized we were out near where you are. It's mighty beautiful out there! And DANG, they really take good care of the roads too. Probably because of all the wineries. Every corner/intersection has multiple signs to different wineries. Can't swing a dead cat out there without hitting a winery sign.

I went to buy some projectiles from a member out in Carlton a couple weeks ago and took back roads and passing signs indicating "Chehalem' something or other, realized we were out near where you are. It's mighty beautiful out there! And DANG, they really take good care of the roads too. Probably because of all the wineries. Every corner/intersection has multiple signs to different wineries. Can't swing a dead cat out there without hitting a winery sign.

The Chehalem AVA is a ridge of mountains extending from about Wilsonville to Newberg, then curving to the north thru Laurelwood and ending at about Forest Grove. Lots of vineyards and wineries (my dad cleared the land the Ponzi winery on Mt.Home Rd when he was 19 and my family farmed that land for 50 years).

You probably went thru the Laurelwood area to get to Carlton - that is well northwest of where I live (just above Newberg - between Newberg and Scholls, a little closer to the latter) - it is beautiful there.

The Chehalem AVA is a ridge of mountains extending from about Wilsonville to Newberg, then curving to the north thru Laurelwood and ending at about Forest Grove. Lots of vineyards and wineries (my dad cleared the land the Ponzi winery on Mt.Home Rd when he was 19 and my family farmed that land for 50 years).

You probably went thru the Laurelwood area to get to Carlton - that is well northwest of where I live (just above Newberg - between Newberg and Scholls, a little closer to the latter) - it is beautiful there.

We were on Elwart to Edy rd, Chapman rd and Bell ave out to Carlton. When we got to that end of Sherwood and saw the SINGLE line of traffic headed up the hill, I just turned of 99. I knew there were nice roads winding all over the place out there and I could get where I needed to be.

"Always Take The Scenic Route"

This was taken ten minutes ago from the All-Classical Portland webcam overlooking the Tilikum Crossing over the Willamette...

1599935324662.png

Last Edited:
This was taken ten minutes ago from the All-Classical Portland webcam overlooking the Tilikum Crossing over the Wilamette...

View attachment 748642

Yep, that's us! One thing, the photo doesn't show the weird orange/yellow light though. After I've been outside for awhile coming into the garage, the old T-8 florescent tubes in my overhead lights look positively bright white!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top