JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mrs. Caveman was surprised to know that I sold a few woodworking tools and proceeds from "The Pit" to fund "The Room"... :p
Back when I was a healthy woodworker, when I bought a new expensive tool she got a piece of jewelry. :s0155:

My gun trust solved that problem. The wife doesn't care, and the kids named in the trust will take possession of the firearms that aren't already at their houses.

My wife is my partner in all things. I don't hide stuff from her.

She doesn't complain, however she is encouraging me to get another gun safe or two to handle the overflow and another one for ammo.

I'm literally going to have to reinforce the floor if I do this. I love this woman.

-Dean

Wrote a lot, and deleted.
Yes, wifey has list and value of everything for insurance, plus safe combos.
@flashpan , you've seen my stash of waffen, tools and components. It's grown.
Definitely safe combos. And inside the safe a list of contents and values can be found.

How many wives or(sig others) have any clue how much money you have tied up in all the ammo and components stacked up in the basement/garage?
And a friend once shared his fear that if he passed, his wife would sell his guns/ammo for what he told her he paid for them.
Mine's sorta the opposite. She knows, has declared our home a sanctuary for wayward firearms, oftentimes is the one buying ammo, and would like to add a Barrett REC7 and M82 or M107 to the inventory. 🤷‍♂️

If there is trust in the marriage (and there should be) then I don't see a need or reason to even talk about it. As long as the household is taken care of what does it matter? Do any of you ask them about how much they spend on their hobbies, interests or whatever?

I don't. Again, trust.
As long as people do a good job of marrying someone with the same values. When I got married, I was the spender and we did ok. Bills got paid, etc. But, when we really decided we wanted to commit to having our own home and saving enough to weather tough times, our overall "wealth" started to really take off. I fear if I didn't change, my marriage would have more issues or it would have ended. It's almost like having a good business partner.

I dont give a bubblegum what she does with them when I die, keep them, give them away, sell them. I'm dead, lol. I'd hate to burden her with guilt or material things.

How many wives or(sig others) have any clue how much money you have tied up in all the ammo and components stacked up in the basement/garage?
And a friend once shared his fear that if he passed, his wife would sell his guns/ammo for what he told her he paid for them.
My wife always asks if we need more ammo. I just bought her an M&P 15-22 Pistol and she was worried shooting a few mags might deplete our stash...lol.

I can only care about my guns while alive. And that goes for family and friends. About 4 years ago one of my best
friends passed. I knew he had a pile of guns. He was long ago divorced. His daughter asked me to help value
and identify his collection. I did. She still has nearly all of them. And so it prompted me to list all I had and value them,
identifying many as to whom they go to. The remaining is up to my wife to dispose of. I have an excellent friend on this
site who can be contacted for help in my absence. And logic tells me I'm likely to go before her as I have 15 years on her.

The feeling you get.jpg

As long as people do a good job of marrying someone with the same values. When I got married, I was the spender and we did ok. Bills got paid, etc. But, when we really decided we wanted to commit to having our own home and saving enough to weather tough times, our overall "wealth" started to really take off. I fear if I didn't change, my marriage would have more issues or it would have ended. It's almost like having a good business partner.
I told my wife I'd be buying a new gun each year :s0005:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads