JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why not the M&P Compact 2.0? Better trigger, uses different mags so 13+1 capacity for 40. I just picked one up (in 9mm). Option of barrel lengths as well. Ambi safety option available.

Because they made them significantly larger than the 1.0 versions. They decided to go head to head against the Glock 19/23 rather than be much smaller overall and only gave up three rounds.

Or drop your safety requirement and one of the new single stack 10 round Glocks might work. But I gotta tell you...calling a Glock ergonomic (or more ergo than a M&P) is like calling a pig beautiful. There ain't no such thing as a beautiful pig.

New single stack Glocks are 9mm... And have you held a Gen 5? Or tried the different backstraps on one? This ain't 1987 and Glocks have some great ergos this century... :p

Beretta 96fs compact.

Honestly I'd be interested in why you have carried and now feel the need for a manual safety?

With a holster that covers the trigger guard there really isn't any way to have a ND with a glock.

G17 works great for me and 9mm has never felt under powered but to each their own.;)

Beretta 96fs compact.

Honestly I'd be interested in why you have carried and now feel the need for a manual safety?

With a holster that covers the trigger guard there really isn't any way to have a ND with a glock.

G17 works great for me and 9mm has never felt under powered but to each their own.;)

I like having the option. Been seeing a lot of NDs and have had a close call with a holster strap that got lodged in the trigger guard upon re-holstering a Glock.

I don't like reloading for 9mm and just think the .40 S&W is a more effective and capable round for more situations. I cast my own bullets and have developed woods carry loads for the .40 S&W using a 190gr hardcast bullet. I would feel fine carrying a .40 S&W for woods carry in most areas, but not a 9mm. Of course I also have a 10mm for woods carry, but it's nice to have another option available.

I like having the option. Been seeing a lot of NDs and have had a close call with a holster strap that got lodged in the trigger guard upon re-holstering a Glock.

I don't like reloading for 9mm and just think the .40 S&W is a more effective and capable round for more situations. I cast my own bullets and have developed woods carry loads for the .40 S&W using a 190gr hardcast bullet. I would feel fine carrying a .40 S&W for woods carry in most areas, but not a 9mm. Of course I also have a 10mm for woods carry, but it's nice to have another option available.

FWIW I know Glock aftermarket thumb safeties exist. No experience with them myself.

6CC594DC-3F73-40E4-8FBD-5AEA61DAAD60.jpeg
Glock Manual Safety Kit by Cominolli Custom - USA Carry

I also like a manual safety for a couple reasons. I have flipping the safety built into my response since hunting as a kid and for numerous other guns so for me it's automatic. I do feel it is safer also. Especially for the really rare chance a young kid somehow gets ahold of a gun.

I was going to suggest CZ 2075 RAMI .40, but looks as though that caliber is discontinued...hits all of your wanted points, but goes over on weigh by an oz it looks like.

CZ 2075 RAMI .40 S&W - CZ-USA

We have several (9mm, decocker version), and they are fantastic carries.

Is there still a baby eagle version of this? Don't know if it's still made or what company it would be now (maybe still IWI?).

If you want a target gun trigger then a safety is a must and a 1911 pattern gun is the obvious choice. If you want a edc stryker fired defensive pistol then a manual safety is just silly and redundant.

If you want a target gun trigger then a safety is a must and a 1911 pattern gun is the obvious choice. If you want a edc stryker fired defensive pistol then a manual safety is just silly and redundant.

Trigger pull on my Glock 19 is 4.5lbs. That's pretty close to a lot of other pistols that come with safeties.

Not sure why people have such strong opinions of the usefulness of safeties.

They are not "silly and redundant".

Except the glock has a much longer pull and a trigger safety. Just my opinion from edc carrying a glock for 20 years plus. I could also live with the grip safeties on the springer Xd's but any manual safety beyond that is hinderance to me. Yes a strong opinion gleaned from firsthand experience instead of something I read on a forum lol.

EYes a strong opinion gleaned from firsthand experience instead of something I read on a forum lol.

And I've been carrying firearms for 40 years and I prefer a safety.

Doesn't have to be turned into a johnson-measuring contest; it's an opinion.

I have also been hearing first hand reports of multiple ND's this year by both military and civilian carriers.

And like ilikegunspdx said if there is any chance of young kids in the house getting access to the gun because of human error happens (take the holster off to use the toliet, etc) a manual safety could make the difference between life and death. Of course the omission of forgetting to disengage the safety in the high stress moment of defending against a criminal could also cost you your life so each gun owner needs to consider their individual circumstances.

From my experience a C&L 1911 with thumb break strap between the hammer and firing pin is the system with the highest amount of duplicative safety measures. With a striker fired gun if even one item gets inside the trigger guard (e.g. forget to cut off the jacket drawstring toggles) it will fire as designed. Something to think about.

Thats why there are many platforms to choose from to satisfy everybodies tastes. However, guns are alot like boats in that there is no 1 perfect model for all situations. As I stated above it is just my opinion so no need to roll out your johnson.

Trigger pull on my Glock 19 is 4.5lbs. That's pretty close to a lot of other pistols that come with safeties.

Not sure why people have such strong opinions of the usefulness of safeties.

They are not "silly and redundant".

Considering Glocks are have 3 passive safeties a manual safety is a bit redundant but can be had via the after-market... https://www.cominolli.com/product-page/msk but if additional safety is a concern I'd personally be more inclined to go with a Striker Control Device aka "The Gadget"

Ruger just released their new Security 9 Compact model not long ago, it has a safety on it, though I think it comes in just 9mm right now.

Ruger® Security-9® * Centerfire Pistol Model 3818
it has my attention. Sounds to be a little bigger than a shield 45 and has a 10+1 capacity. The trigger I hear is actually quite smooth and good for a hammer fired. Doesn't look to bad and is $300 range gat.

Sportsmans has its for $320 Ruger Security-9 Compact 9mm Luger 3.42in Black Pistol - 10+1 Rounds - Item# 1529935

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads