JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M&P40c with safety, upgrade the trigger and find an ammo it shoots well, maybe upgrade the sights.
I didn't like having the manual safety on mine, a quick call to S&W and a free safety remove kit came in the mail. If later I decide I want the safety back it's simple to reinstall.
Problem solved. :s0133:

M&P40c with safety, upgrade the trigger and find an ammo it shoots well, maybe upgrade the sights.
I didn't like having the manual safety on mine, a quick call to S&W and a free safety remove kit came in the mail. If later I decide I want the safety back it's simple to reinstall.
Problem solved. :s0133:

I didn't realize that they made the 1.0 version with a safety. Did an internet search and sure enough, they did!

Thanks!

Found one on sale for $366 NIB and ordered it...

M&P40c1.JPG

I want an LCP sized gun with AR capacity, bolt gun accuracy and hits like a howitzer. Yeah, I'm having trouble, too :(

Posted this on another gun forum as well. Figured it couldn't hurt to post it here as well...

Currently have three pistols I use for CCW in either IWB or OWB holsters. All have their strengths and weaknesses. Looking for a unicorn CCW pistol.

Current pistols along with their pros and cons:

Springfield Armory XDS 40

View attachment 567153

Pros:
- Very compact; my usual go to pistol in a Remora holster.
- .40 S&W is my favorite round
- Extremely accurate. Will do 1.75" groups at 25yds over and over with cheap ammo.
- Very reliable; never had a single issue.

Cons:
- Capacity. Only 6 rounds. I want more.
- No safety. I want one. Used to not care, but now I feel better with one.
- Trigger is heavy, but does have a clean break.

S&W M&P40c

View attachment 567154

Pros:
- Capacity. 10 rounds is my new minimum amount.
- .40 S&W
- Perfect size; Rides well IWB and is controllable under rapid fire.
- Decent trigger, but not great
- Reasonably accurate.
- Reliable

Cons:
- No safety
- Accuracy is finicky; occasionally meets my 2" at 25yd standard, but not consistently.
- Trigger is just so-so.
- Ergonomics not as good as my Glock.

Glock G19 Gen 5 MOS

View attachment 567155

Pros:
- Capacity! 15 rounds is awesome.
- Accurate
- Reliable
- Trigger is the best Glock trigger I've had.
- Wide variety of holsters and accessories available.

Cons:
- No safety.
- 9mm. I like the cost and shoot-ability of the 9mm, but I like bigger bullets and the .40 S&W.
- A little on the big side. Shrink it a half inch in length and height and it would be perfect, like the M&P40c.

So, my unicorn carry gun will have the following traits:

- .40 S&W
- At least 10rds of capacity.
- Manual safety
- Great trigger
- Extremely reliable.
- 25oz or less in weight.
- Capable of 2" or better at 25yds
- Under 7" overall length and 4.5" or less overall height.

I've searched and haven't found such a unicorn
Dunno about the trigger but specs wise the hk usp40 compact is close. A little heavy though.

Pistol features are like women. Everyone generally agrees on some general attributes and qualities that are desirable, but the more finer details are subject to each own.

I find myself most often picking up a G17 to carry, occasionally using the Sig 938 when size matters. My G17 doesn't seem to mind one bit, this is where pistols and women differ.

You are correct. You are asking for a unicorn.

First and foremost, "great triggers" don't come from the factory...unless we're talking about a $3000 Wilson or something. But certainly not in a $500 plastic gun. And if you want a manual safety then you've eliminated all Glocks from the running.

Adjust your criteria a bit and/or be willing to pony up some $$ for a trigger upgrade and you can probably get something pretty close.

For example one of the new M&P 2.0's 3.6" are pretty close. The triggers are pretty good and you can upgrade to an Apex if you want "great." They also come with a safety and are close to your size and weight specs.

Or drop your safety requirement and one of the new single stack 10 round Glocks might work. But I gotta tell you...calling a Glock ergonomic (or more ergo than a M&P) is like calling a pig beautiful. There ain't no such thing as a beautiful pig. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top