JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no issue with inspecting my heater in a situation like that, just be sure it's free of lint and in working condition, but flagging the crowd seems unwise, unsafe, unnecessary. Glad it worked out.Not sure what the law is there either.

Looks like white shirt guy is probably doing more what I'd like to think I would do, except I don't taunt.

Guy at 1:08 almost raised his AR. Like any protestors that go out armed and acting aggressive, you have to expect a response if you get in people's space. His body language screams action ready.
The sad part is one of these adults having a temper tantrum will. They will point their weapon at the people eating, one of them will fire at the person who is pointing a gun at them, and some other person in the crowd will get hit. Of course the "news" will make it sound like its all the fault of the people who just wanted to be left alone. Hopefully when this happens the person in the mob who drew down will be charged with causing the injury or death of the collateral damage.

I've watched the videos several times. There were multiple points that the derringer guy was justified to open fire. There certainly was enough legal reasons too. He was certainly under threat of "great bodily harm"
Greatly outnumbered and undergunned to be sure, I'm sure that played a big part in his descision. The pucker factor was evident.

Yes, the courts would've crucified him if he survived, and the media would have twisted it to make him the villian, so I applaud his restraint.

I put myself in his place, as this kind of thing is happening more often. I drew my personal line in the sand.

Where's yours?

As just average people, do we have to endure this kind of abuse until the do-bads fire the first shot?

Last Edited:
I've watched the videos several times. There were multiple points that the derringer guy was justified to open fire. There certainly enough legal reasons too.
We must have watched separate videos, because at no point was NAA Pug guy justified in shooting on anyone.

The video cuts to him being yelled at by a crowd and him having already leveled the pistol at the crowd. We have no context - no idea how things got to that point. From the video onward, the only person who could immediately deal lethal force is NAA Pug guy.

This has been in the news so many times I lost track. So many eateries set up outdoor to try to keep the doors open. MANY of these "marches" end up walking in and often destroying stuff. Sending diners fleeing in every direction. Reason is simple. Bunch of adults who never grew up having a temper tantrum screaming look at me. Same reason they will block a freeway while people who have jobs are trying to get to work. They have been getting away with it for a good while and many are getting quite bold. One of these times they will back the wrong person into a corner and get hurt.

Permanently ending welfare services for anyone caught in such activities would put a big damper on it. Hard to riot day and night when you have to go to work to pay to live.

Permanently ending welfare services for anyone caught in such activities would put a big damper on it. Hard to riot day and night when you have to go to work to pay to live.

I don't disagree...at the same time, there needs to be more opportunity for those attempting to work with a criminal past. A large part of the recidivism problem is the fact that a criminal record essentially bars you from legal employ in just about every job.

We must have watched separate videos, because at no point was NAA Pug guy justified in shooting on anyone.

The video cuts to him being yelled at by a crowd and him having already leveled the pistol at the crowd. We have no context - no idea how things got to that point. From the video onward, the only person who could immediately deal lethal force is NAA Pug guy.
AR dude @ 1:08 crossed the line IMO but that's just me and my comfort level.

a criminal record essentially bars you from legal employ
Too many laws. A criminal record should mean you did something really bad, not that you had some extra oregano in your backpack or whatever. Maybe we should look into automatically expunging non-violent convictions after a period of time without more criminal acts.

AR dude @ 1:08 crossed the line IMO but that's just me and my comfort level.

The one with the mask? He looked somewhat lower than low ready. His posture would be unnerving to me if I were there. At the same time, it looked like NAA guy had lowered the weapon by 1:08 and then used his goram weapon hand to gesture 🤦‍♂️.

This wreaks of McCloskeys part due. Dude with an NAA...because the store was sold out of a Glock? Gun leveled at people in a march? Hopefully video of the preceding minutes comes out.

I don't disagree...at the same time, there needs to be more opportunity for those attempting to work with a criminal past. A large part of the recidivism problem is the fact that a criminal record essentially bars you from legal employ in just about every job.

That's a difficult subject, you can't force employers to hire certain people. I'd focus on helping young people learn/avoid the reality of life after criminal convictions, since it is far easier to avoid a problem than to fix it after the fact.

Boils down to these activities should have been stopped a year ago and not allowed to continue to go on, the media loves this stuff, paints gun owners, especially Ole white gun owners as fearful and even threatening.

When it should have been, you cross the line onto restaurant property with the sole intent of disrupting those dining, you get rewarded a cracked cranium and a pair of chrome bracelets. Period.

Personal tolerance factor down to single digits...

The one with the mask? He looked somewhat lower than low ready. His posture would be unnerving to me if I were there. At the same time, it looked like NAA guy had lowered the weapon by 1:08 and then used his goram weapon hand to gesture 🤦‍♂️.

This wreaks of McCloskeys part due. Dude with an NAA...because the store was sold out of a Glock? Gun leveled at people in a march? Hopefully video of the preceding minutes comes out.
Yeah for me white shirt dude had much better mindset, weapon discipline, and also better looking equipment. I don't say that about just any fella either ....

EDIT: fwiw I found the presence of the other AR guy, who kept it slung, a bit reassuring.

That's a difficult subject, you can't force employers to hire certain people. I'd focus on helping young people learn/avoid the reality of life after criminal convictions, since it is far easier to avoid a problem than to fix it after the fact.
I don't disagree - only wish to point out that this view does nothing to break the cycle. We've a huge problem with broken families and recidivism and it's due in large part to the system design. Sure, people need to make better choices and more education on that front is a win...at the same time, we've a lot of people...millions...left with only bad choices because of a system that punishes them for life for an offense that was "paid" with time served. Their continued bad choices set up a whole new generation for the same.

Even if you could snap your fingers and make every kid law abiding for the rest of their lives...I'm not interested in waiting 60 years for those already in jail to age out. The system is broke and it needs a fixin'.
Boils down to these activities should have been stopped a year ago and not allowed to continue to go on, the media loves this stuff, paints gun owners, especially Ole white gun owners as fearful and even threatening.

When it should have been, you cross the line onto restaurant property with the sole intent of disrupting those dining, you get rewarded a cracked cranium and a pair of chrome bracelets. Period.

Personal tolerance factor down to single digits...
Agreed. Trespassing charges should be filed against those on private property. This isn't a "sit in" - there's no grievance against the business that would qualify their actions as civil disobedience (IMO). We've got laws for this sort of thing...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews