JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10 to 1 that the gentleman in the blue shirt will be at the LGS tomorrow trading in that pea shooter for something a bit more appropriate for such a socially distant meeting.;)
It's a marked upgrade from lawn ladies inoperable Jennings. The next iteration will be moving all the way up to a .25 Raven.

I don't disagree - only wish to point out that this view does nothing to break the cycle. We've a huge problem with broken families and recidivism and it's due in large part to the system design. Sure, people need to make better choices and more education on that front is a win...at the same time, we've a lot of people...millions...left with only bad choices because of a system that punishes them for life for an offense that was "paid" with time served. Their continued bad choices set up a whole new generation for the same.

Even if you could snap your fingers and make every kid law abiding for the rest of their lives...I'm not interested in waiting 60 years for those already in jail to age out. The system is broke and it needs a fixin'.

Agreed. Trespassing charges should be filed against those on private property. This isn't a "sit in" - there's no grievance against the business that would qualify their actions as civil disobedience (IMO). We've got laws for this sort of thing...

If we want to dive deeper into the subject, the commonality of fatherless homes is a overwhelmingly huge percentage of people in prison grew up in those situations, then taking a step back and considering how that happened and a great contributor was the welfare state.

For example, Black Americans had significantly higher rates of two parent households after the civil war than they have had since the welfare state was instituted. Thomas Sowell speaks about this in length, even slavery couldn't/didn't destroy the black family, but decades of government sponsored welfare has.

To say that "the reason" people commit crimes even after they get out of prison because it is hard to get a good job is a bit simplistic, but again, we can also look to blame the federal government for that too, because avenues to get on the right path as a youth aren't there anymore. Because minimum wage laws kills youth employment, a kid doesn't have the opportunity to get his foot in the door and learn a skill that he can propel himself into higher wages with because an employer is forced to pay the kid the same wage as if he hired an adult with significantly more experience.

If we want to dive deeper into the subject, the commonality of fatherless homes is a overwhelmingly huge percentage of people in prison grew up in those situations, then taking a step back and considering how that happened and a great contributor was the welfare state.

For example, Black Americans had significantly higher rates of two parent households after the civil war than they have had since the welfare state was instituted. Thomas Sowell speaks about this in length, even slavery couldn't/didn't destroy the black family, but decades of government sponsored welfare has.

To say that "the reason" people commit crimes even after they get out of prison because it is hard to get a good job is a bit simplistic, but again, we can also look to blame the federal government for that too, because avenues to get on the right path as a youth aren't there anymore. Because minimum wage laws kills youth employment, a kid doesn't have the opportunity to get his foot in the door and learn a skill that he can propel himself into higher wages with because an employer is forced to pay the kid the same wage as if he hired an adult with significantly more experience.
I don't want to take OP's thread too far off topic. I'm aware of Sowell's work and don't disagree with anything written here.

I don't want to take OP's thread too far off topic. I'm aware of Sowell's work and don't disagree with anything written here.

I think we agree on there are things that can be improved, and yes, I also need to not hijack this thread, thanks for helping me get back on track.

Dude with an NAA...because the store was sold out of a Glock?

NAA revolvers attraction is that they are highly concealable. Simple to operate, no failure to cycle malfunctions like many mouse guns. But my problem with them is no trigger guard.

My Marine/cop buddy calls them "ear" guns (ETA for those in Rio Linda, you stick it in their ear). Meaning they are for very close encounters only. He had a "jackass" wallet he carried for the same purpose when those were legal. NAA is one of the guns you can use in a jackass wallet. Somebody robs you in the alley next to the restaurant, you can "give it to them" real good.

Last Edited:
This is who they are...

"A man was charged with possession of a handgun by a convicted felon and first-degree wanton endangerment of an officer. He was arrested after an officer allegedly spotted open alcohol containers and a loaded handgun in the front seat of his vehicle."

All I can think when we watch these videos of criminals armed with AR's and Body Armor spoiling to confront lawful citizens and create strife is..

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, Straining upon the start. The game's afoot..

If this continues they will get what they think they want and we will all be poorer for the experience

I've had quite a few 'mouse guns' and none I kept were prone to malfunctions as far as I could tell. My KT P-32 comes to mind as one that was pretty inexpensive and also very reliable.

I've had a hard time with my wife's Taurus 738 .380 with feeding issues and cycling issues. Polishing the feed ramp helped slighly, so did opening the mag lips up a bit. But it might just be limp wristing... the damn thing is really hard to hang onto with only two finger space on the grip, and the muzzle flip is atrocious.

I've had a hard time with my wife's Taurus 738 .380 with feeding issues and cycling issues. Polishing the feed ramp helped slighly, so did opening the mag lips up a bit. But it might just be limp wristing... the damn thing is really hard to hang onto with only two finger space on the grip, and the muzzle flip is atrocious.
Had a 738, it was a beast, just as you say. And not great sights too. Sold it for a Springfield 911 .380. A bit larger, a bit heavier, real sights and 1911 controls. Their knockoff of the Colt Mustang PocketLite. That's the smallest I carry... With a couple of reloads of course.

That right there would be fine for plinking but I would never trust a gun that did not go bang and feed another round every time that I needed it to.
Those small caliber concealed guns just do not fit my hands, I have to have three fingers on the grip to be accurate.
That's why I always conceal carry a full size EDC.

Had a Sig P238 HD - regret selling it and would highly recommend it. Just as small as the 738 but steel framed and a bit heftier. Still a light pocket gun but I found the heft to really mitigate the .380's recoil. One could fire it with just a trigger finger pretty easy.

Target of opportunity, old white guy fits the bill. Similar thing happened months ago to other restaurant goers dining outside, which at the time included women being intimidated to "raise the BLM fist (marxist fist) in support." There's plenty of pictures out there of this happening.

These pieces of human garbage have been, and will continue to, push the limits further and further as they are allowed to.

They are like the textbook schoolyard bully who just need their face beat in once and it would come to an end.
i hope this post stands.

Had a 738, it was a beast, just as you say. And not great sights too. Sold it for a Springfield 911 .380. A bit larger, a bit heavier, real sights and 1911 controls. Their knockoff of the Colt Mustang PocketLite. That's the smallest I carry... With a couple of reloads of course.

Wanted to get her something to carry on her walks, as the Taurus 605 .357 had gotten too heavy and she wasn 't taking it with her. Bought that lil popgun for $179 new at Cheaper Than Dirt.

I think of it as a 1 shot pistol, but with her dementia she doesn't carry any more.

That right there would be fine for plinking but I would never trust a gun that did not go bang and feed another round every time that I needed it to.
Those small caliber concealed guns just do not fit my hands, I have to have three fingers on the grip to be accurate.
That's why I always conceal carry a full size EDC.

I hear ya!

But for da wife, pocket carry was a thing to try out. We don't use it anymore, but didn't get hurt bad at $179 brand new.

I carry the Ruger SR9c. It is slightly smaller than a G19 and slimmer too. Very concealable. But I had to put a Hogue wrap on the slimmer grip cuz my hands are used to Glock and a Para 2011.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top