JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

Do you have a plan for defending your home against multiple attackers?

This video is focused on the choice of weapons. But what about tactics?

Last Edited:
I have a home defense plan...it is pretty simple.
( not going to broadcast it out here...sorry :D )

Have a plan...practice your plan...understand that the bad guys ain't going to play by your rules or go by your plan...
Be adaptable...

To be blunt here...
Your home is invaded ....you have no idea what , who or why....
Do what you need to do to survive ....have no regrets.
Andy

Let's just say my house has motion activated cameras and a warning system on all avenues of approach. Should you get through and inside it also has a LONG "death corridor" with me at the far end of it with several "options" that you'd have to get through before you reach the "good stuff" (provided you still have intact feet and legs).

Also, there's no carpet in my house which makes for easier mopping up of the mess should it ever occur.

Last Edited:
An alert Large and Territorial dog. Firearms and Bear spray always near. Vigilant large and territorial neighbors (good ones.) And most of all a little old lady across the street we call "radar." See she's absolutely everything.

Here is what I recommend, not necessarily in ths order:
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED.
- Metal security doors on all doors.
- If you can't afford security doors there are other devises you can buy that will make it more difficult to kick in a door. There are a lot of doors out there that do not have reinforced door jams and break in is really easy. REINFORCE YOUR DOOR JAMS.
- Bars on windows or anti break in windows if you can afford them.
- Get a dog or 2.
- Video Camera system (one that alerts your phone is best)
- Have a pistol on you at all times and have rifles easily accessable. If you have kids get quick access safes. I would recommend this even if you don't have kids because it will keep your guns more secure when you aren't home.
- Have body armor at the ready. If you get the right vest it only takes about 10 seconds to put it on. You might not have time to put it on, but if you have your early warning systems in place you likely will. I have a light weight carrier with front and back plates only and I leave one of the sides unsnapped. I plan to grab gun first, then if time allows, put on armor. I also have a spouse so she could be on defense while I put on the vest. And we do have kids, but the way our house is laid out, anyone trying to get to our kids has to go through us first.
- HAVE A PLAN AND PRACTICE IT. Where are bad guys most likely to come from. Where can you stage youself to have a tactical advantage. If you have a spouse and kids what will they do. Etc.

Early warning and preventing entry are worth investing in. If you know they are coming you have the upper hand. If they can't get in you might not need to defend your house.

IMO a medium to large dog, or dogs, is one of the best tools to protect your home from break-in's. Barking dogs are a geat deterrent and an early warning system all in one. Plus they can become a weapon if someone does break in.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to secure a garage door with an attached garage. With the right tools it doesn't take long to break through a wood or metal garage door. The metal doors are typically just thin aluminum and are easier to tear through than most people think. I guess properly securing the inner door would work to keep them out of the house, but keeping them out of the garage would be better. Anyone have ideas for this? Replacing the garage door is not an option for me at the moment.

Whatever. AND/BUT always remember that....
In some places, just owning a certain kind of rifle or a magazine with a capacity of over X, will land you in trouble with the law.

1697053295352.png

Aloha, Mark

I won't be much help with my way of thinking but if you are expecting an attack then don't be there.

I have been reading the rumor of a Friday the 13th planned attacks across America by Hamas and their allies but don't think in Oregon much would happen.

If you are talking about just a burglary while you are sleeping then layered defense starting with locked door right down to your bedroom door.

2 layer is a dog to make noise.

Third layer is a bullet proof vest set up to hold your gun, light,phone and spare ammo. Kept by your bed ready to wait for the bad guy to bust in your bedroom door.

By the way, I got that layout for home defense years ago out of American Handgunner in an article by Massad Ayobe

Last Edited:
So then.....
Someone (unknown) comes a knockin'.

Never mind the pistol.
I should have already decided on which firearm (rifle) and large capacity mag......I'm gonna answer the door with. BUT, But, but........I only got two hands.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Actually if you break into my house a multitude of red lights come on and I have a speaker system that plays "Get some! In 3…. 2…. 1…. KILL!"

And there I am. At the end of the hallway. Naked and armed. No one wants to fight the naked guy. But if you break in you don't get an option. It's on! Lol.

My plan works out like an easy math problem.

X:1 represents the number of bullets I would put into one intruder to defend my family.

X's value depends on my assessment of the situation at that time.

So multiple attackers would be this

YX:1 + Z. Y being the number of attackers, X being the bullets that a single attack would get. So that's directly proportional, and Z being the "extra" I deem necessary because multiple intruders may require more additional shots than the regular proportion.

My plan works out like an easy math problem.

X:1 represents the number of bullets I would put into one intruder to defend my family.

X's value depends on my assessment of the situation at that time.

So multiple attackers would be this

YX:1 + Z. Y being the number of attackers, X being the bullets that a single attack would get. So that's directly proportional, and Z being the "extra" I deem necessary because multiple intruders may require more additional shots than the regular proportion.
tenor.gif

My house has two very protective dogs inside/outside. They will be the first to "greet" anyone, if they get hurt then we all know that it's game on. We've only had one sketchy scenario since moving out in the country and they did their job, just not as quickly as I'd have liked. Was an eye opener, the wife couldn't get the quick access safe open and I had to leave the front door (was never opened) to retrieve my pistol. We now have a new multi access safe at our front door, as well as other entry points. The multiple people kept asking us to just open our door to see a picture. When I started calling commands for other family members to take their positions they finally left. But only to a vacated neighbors house. I did a little role play then, fired several shots into my dirt but yelled, "stop shooting, they're leaving". The perps picked up some speed after that.

Actually if you break into my house a multitude of red lights come on and I have a speaker system that plays "Get some! In 3…. 2…. 1…. KILL!"

And there I am. At the end of the hallway. Naked and armed. No one wants to fight the naked guy. But if you break in you don't get an option. It's on! Lol.
Armed with what the my little pony arrrrr shooting pink and teal bullets? :s0084:

I use Dakota alerts that notify me when someone crosses the driveway and/or the path to my front or back doors. Each announces where the motion is triggered.

Dakota Alerts, used in conjunction with the MURS battery powered walkie talkie means everything still works when the power is out. That would be a biggie in a grid shutdown or of course is SHTF. Just leave the battery-powered handhelds to wall power when mobility is not required. The driveway and other sensors run on batteries and last 6m to a full year.

Not just for a home intruder, but super handy to get a heads up on deliveries, a guest arriving, etc. Couldn't imagine a home without them. Also HD cams, live, everywhere with alerts. Pretty much I'll know you are coming.

If you are lucky enough to live down a long driveway or dirt road they are a must. Range is great.

As for the other part of the preparation, I don't live in fear or paranoia but if someone would be crazy enough to charge through a door or window they would be expired pretty quick. I am the guy that never sits with his back to a door or entrance and I'm old so would rather go out in a blaze then a rest home anyway, fear is not a factor, just aggression.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads