JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So then.....
Someone (unknown) comes a knockin'.
NEVER answer your door. For anyone you do not know. If it is for a signed delivery either 1) check window or cams or peephole for an actual UPS/Fedex truck OR 2) let them leave the item or a missed delivery note and verify it by calling the shipper. Answering your door is just asking for it. Plus you avoid all the door knocking salespeople/parasites.

I use Dakota alerts that notify me when someone crosses the driveway and/or the path to my front or back doors. Each announces where the motion is triggered.

Dakota Alerts, used in conjunction with the MURS battery powered walkie talkie means everything still works when the power is out. That would be a biggie in a grid shutdown or of course is SHTF. Just leave the battery-powered handhelds to wall power when mobility is not required. The driveway and other sensors run on batteries and last 6m to a full year.

Not just for a home intruder, but super handy to get a heads up on deliveries, a guest arriving, etc. Couldn't imagine a home without them. Also HD cams, live, everywhere with alerts. Pretty much I'll know you are coming.

If you are lucky enough to live down a long driveway or dirt road they are a must. Range is great.

As for the other part of the preparation, I don't live in fear or paranoia but if someone would be crazy enough to charge through a door or window they would be expired pretty quick. I am the guy that never sits with his back to a door or entrance and I'm old so would rather go out in a blaze then a rest home anyway, fear is not a factor, just aggression.

We use Dakota Alerts ("Deer Alerts") and other than the false alarms from animals, they are great. They also offer a sender that you can bury under a driveway that senses vehicle traffic, which can be programmed to use a different chime. These are not set off by animals, but do not sense humans on foot, either.

Motion detecting lights are also an important part of security. They make resolution of cameras better because of the extra light. They also signal that the element of surprise has been lost, which discourages a percentage of intruders.

I'll be standing/squatting behind cover with a firearm looking at the intruders like
Screenshot_20231012_201955.jpg
Screenshot_20231012_201931.jpg

Motion detecting lights are also an important part of security.
Awe yes I use them also. Battery powered. Again, so if bad things happen they will still work. Lights don't do a good job at stopping property crimes like your truck in the driveway etc. It has been proven at say 3am they assist the perp to find what he wants vs drawing attention to his flashlight.

These Beams brand knockoffs that take four D cells are my go to lately. https://www.amazon.com/YULAMP-Spotlights-Wireless-Battery-Operated-Waterproof/dp/B07Q56HSK4/ref=sr_1_23?crid=34375283SERKT&keywords=led+spotlight+d+cell&qid=1697216403&sprefix=led+spotloight+d+cell,aps,191&sr=8-23&th=1

I just rigged the basement with explosives tied in to a dead man's switch so when they kill me, I get to say a cool one liner then BOOM! Get off my lawn :p

Last Edited:
And there I am. At the end of the hallway. Naked and armed. No one wants to fight the naked guy. But if you break in you don't get an option. It's on! Lol.

Nothing personal, I was just thinking of the most scary non lethal adding on to your scenario. I skipped the pink tu tu because you said naked.

I'll fight in a pink tu tu. Haha.
Nah, he just yells from down the hall "you got a purdy mouf"!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads