JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The news is now reporting that the Antifa shooter was not a security guard and that opens the door for civil suits that will bankrupt the shooter and a payout of liability limits for the TV station. The shooter has been charged with 1st degree murder. As far as I'm concerned, this is a typical example of not having situational awareness, on the part of the victim and failure on his part to be prepared for what was bound to happen. This isn't a game and the bullets are real. Antifa and the BLM bunch have the backing of liberal governments in the cities and at most of the state levels. Justice will not be served and the shooters will plead out to lesser charges and get out of jail with time served. They will then proceed to pick up a big paycheck from George Soros and go to another city to do it all over again. These people are like snipers. They can really demoralize the troops. For those of you that have experienced the great delight in seeing an enemy sniper captured or killed, you will understand what I'm talking about. It's important to remember that martyrs names are quickly forgotten, so don't be one!

Sure, I'm free to give up my cushy job and years of benefits in order to attend a rally and exercise my "freedom" of speech, but is that really freedom? I never thought that I would have to choose between attending a peaceful conservative rally, and keeping my job.
Ironically, Seattle is the only place I know where it is technically illegal to fire someone because of their "political ideology".

There is nothing wrong with wanting to go out in public and hold a sign or flag or whatever. If you go to something like this armed, then some try to provoke you, and you end up shooting someone, was it still worth it? There is an old saying, "being right, and dead right". Yes you have the right but, if you chose to go to a place where this kind of stuff is known to break out? You are choosing to take the risk.

You're right, of course, about choosing but that's not really the point. In our Constitutional Republic, founded on the rule of law, no one should have to choose between staying home or a heightened risk of violence at a political or related event. A political rally should be no more dangerous than going out for a meal or grocery shopping. Yep, you can stay home but if things don't change for the better then staying home might not be so safe much longer.

You're right, of course, about choosing but that's not really the point. In our Constitutional Republic, founded on the rule of law, no one should have to choose between staying home or a heightened risk of violence at a political or related event. A political rally should be no more dangerous than going out for a meal or grocery shopping. Yep, you can stay home but if things don't change for the better then staying home might not be so safe much longer.
I doubt you will find anyone here who would argue that. Yes we "should" be free to go to a Trump rally or Back the Blue and such. Now what we should be able to do and the real world we live in do not match. I should be free to not have to have a safe for my guns, alarms and camera's at my home, alarms on my vehicles and such too. Sadly this is not the world I get to live in. So when we get to adulthood we have to learn to make choices. I choose to go armed. Which also means I chose to avoid like the plague any of these situations. Do I wish it was different? Hell yes. Sadly I am not king, so I just have to live in the world around me. Now if the voters who are watching all this go on choose to again vote for more of it? Well again I will not like it but I can't change it by getting myself shot, or going to some group of children who were never told no, and end up shooting one of them.
So again the guy who got shot had an adult son who got to see him murdered. Was it worth it? Not to me. Sadly the Constitution we live under is not worth any more that what it's written on. It only means what black robes say it means. The voters get to decide what it means. So far they are choosing to say it does not mean I have freedom. I can only hope more voters will decide they want the constitution to grant freedom. Only real downside to freedom is people have to have responsibility. Personal responsibility has become a dirty, racists term now. Too many want to be taken care of. They are willing to no longer be free as long as someone promises to take care of them, and they vote for it. :(

Ironically, Seattle is the only place I know where it is technically illegal to fire someone because of their "political ideology".
Only if that were how it really works. No they can't fire you for saying you support Trump but, watch how fast your job goes away if you start doing this. Social media is a VERY dangerous little toy. Make a comment about how its not science that some guy can just say he is now a female and you can and will be fired. You can say this on a group on the net, while you were on your own time, and good luck fighting the termination here. The Co that fires you will not say "we fired him because he is a member of the GOP". They will fire him for saying racist, homophobic, trans phobic, phobic phobic.............. and so on. Then you could hire a lawyer, that you pay for, and throw some money away. Better off flushing the cash down the crapper for what it will get you.

And for what reason?

A man is dead and the killer arrested and what was accomplished?

ANYONE who actively enters an area of 'protest' in this day and age is NOT going to change anything no matter how 'adamant' they are - regardless of the side they are on. It is an act of lunacy to attempt to take your beliefs into an area of heightened violence and think you are going to change any minds or effect any political dissention.

My sympathy goes out to the man who was killed, his family and loved ones but he would be alive today if he had not placed himself in an unknown situation, in too close of proximity of unknown elements and allowed his emotions to overcome him and is what ultimately got him killed.

I can appreciate emotions and opinion - heck I have MANY of my own but I have never voluntarily placed myself in an unknown situation of heightened emotions and violence to present or argue my opinions where the possibility of a threat to my life existed.

Part of this is based on my own training which has always been to recognize prudent danger and to avoid it at all circumspect, and to only engage when absolutely necessary.

I do not in ANY way support the shooter or his actions. His response was nothing more than a paranoid reaction due to some potentially short time experience with firearms and no training, and I hope he pays heavily for his poor and obvious decisions and failure.

^^^

This x 1,000!

Cate

Let's see, an unlicensed "security guard" hired by a TV station in Denver shoots a pro-police demonstrator without justifiable cause. I hope the "security guard" goes down and that the TV station gets sued into oblivion. A still shot from the video of the killing shows the "security guard" going for his gun (lifting his shirt with his off hand and reaching for his belt with his gun hand) while the victim is not threatening him with any kind of lethal force.

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.46.35 PM.png denvershooter2.jpg

Last Edited:
If the Pinkerton 'security' group stirring up murderous mischief amongst demonstrations and causing more unrest isn't the 'Roaring 20's' resurgence event that gets people to look back on our country's sordid history of violence against ANY group it perceived a threat, then I don't know what will be.

Be safe, be kind, be smart.

NBC 9News will have a lot of explaining to do. Unlicensed security guard supposedly sub contracted to Pinkerton. He had a CCW issued to him but since the arrest has been revoked by the Sheriff's Depart. I'm sure there's more video out there.

How did the news crews hire an unlicensed guard? :rolleyes:

He had one tricked out gun and killed the guy with a single shot to the head. False Flag some are saying.

He was hired by a company that contracts with Pinkerton.

It's not a false flag -- he has a long history of extreme left participation.

A person called "L" on twitter has been doing a good job at aggregating info on this shooting and she's put together some good synchronized videos of the event. She put together and synchronized several video streams as well as the Denver9News photographer's stills. Unfortunately, her twitter handle contains a banned word so I had to use a link shortener:

Direct link to video: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1316210908482412544/pu/vid/800x480/UbRDPeQn9I5b4pTK.mp4?tag=10

There seems to be an issue with Denver9 omitting crucial pictures -- they released some stills and when it was so obvious there was a gap, released some more. Still seems like a gap.

Anyway, her Twitter stream is a good launch point for a deeper dive into the situation, again, shortened URL:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top